Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • SSASSA lets you instantly kill an enemy just by touching it (besides firebars/hammers);
  • TEYIUT make every block a pipe that sends you to the nearest warp;
  • AISSON deletes the left side of blocks' hitboxes, making them easier to clip in.
Warps and heavy glitch abuse were used in this TAS. RTA Timing is 3:26.875

GoddessMaria: Judging...
GoddessMaria: Hello, ItsPietroFelix, and welcome to TASVideos! As been stated in the thread, this submission breaks the rules that we have here on our site. We do not allow the usage of cheat codes or external tools that alter the gameplay, such as Game Genie and Cheat Engine. The other thing is that although Super Mario Bros. is a very popular game, it is not recommended for newcomers to submit for this game unless there's something groundbreaking or very exceptional in entertainment due to the massive amount of optimization that has went into the game over the years.
I do believe that you have potential to make amazing movies and learn even more as time goes on so chin up! You'll get there!
That being said... I'm rejecting this submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Post subject: Quoting a 2 year old post and modifying a section.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Hello, Welcome to TASVideos. To quote Fog on another TAS that used a Game Genie. 1) ROM/RAM Manipulation are not allowed Any external tool or cheat code (such as Game Genie) which modifies the game counts as a hack. 3) The hack is not of high quality Because of the use of Game Genie codes, this run is considered to be one of a game hack. With this in mind, the game hack is not of high quality (or any quality at all, really). You do pass 2 as you actually provide the codes "SSASSA", "TEYIUT" and "AISSON". If you wish to upload more of these kinds of runs please upload it to your userfiles.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (50)
Hello. While I do like this category, submitting this breaks site rules. No submitted movie can have cheats, debug codes, or the like. Feel free to post movies of this nature in the userfiles. Look forward to more TASes from you in the future!
DJ Incendration Believe in Michael Girard and every speedrunner and TASer!
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
What in the living heck? I know what y'all thinking "Hey you cheater you can't use Game Genie and/or Action Replay in speedruns!" I'm not gonna vote nor I'm gonna watch this and I'm confident it's not gonna get accepted. I'm no judge and this is not over-exaggerated. All opinions shared are indeed accurate and I'm NOT Nathaniel Bandy. I'm just triggered. But hey, it's not a theory, it's a cold-blooded fact!
Zinfidel
He/Him
Player (200)
[link deleted]
Pokota
He/Him
Why not use a code to make everything act like hammer brothers or 8-4 Bowser?
Adventures in Lua When did I get a vest?
Happy April Fools?
Player (50)
It's nowhere near April.
Emulator Coder, Judge, Experienced player (608)
Mog2 wrote:
Happy April Fools?
DJ Incendration wrote:
It's nowhere near April.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2122)
For what it is, it's actually technically sound. It's just a shame that "what it is" is "completely unacceptable for publication due to using Game Genie codes". TASes like these are much better suited for the game's thread, where you can show them off without worry of being judged against the site rules, or alternately April Fool's Day, which is just a big opportunity for people to mess around with nonstandard runs, once again without any worry of being judged as a legit submission. It's clear you have the ability to optimize and think outside the box, and I'd love to see that applied to an acceptable submission, though... Perhaps not SMB1. I feel like SMB1 is one of the only games, if not THE only game, on the site that has reached theoretical perfection. You'd have to discover something groundbreaking or do something absolutely incredible to get an SMB1 TAS published these days. I can't stop you from trying, of course, and I wouldn't want to do that anyway, but just keep in mind that if you intend to keep submitting, you're going to have a hard, if not impossible time if you stick to SMB1. Whatever you do, though, stick around the community and keep at it!
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
theballaam96
He/Him
Player (198)
Certainly an interesting TAS, the "every block warps to the nearest warp zone" code certainly brings more originality to the table than the other two codes. Good play outside of the codes.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
Player (50)
I will have to check what this movie's time would be with the game genie ROM setup. If less than 3:42.95, I'd be surprised.