Submission Text Full Submission Page

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #909: SuperChan1990's GB Tetris in 01:08.38
Quietust
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
You expect to get perfect quality with zero rerecords? The menus alone (selecting level/etc.) were extremely slow, and the gameplay wasn't very impressive, either. Also, what's with the ROM website advert in the ZIP file you submitted?
* Quietust, QMT Productions P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another
This is totally unacceptable. You seem to be oblivious to what this site is about. Please read the Why And How page.
Skilled player (1885)
I won't vote right now, since I have some questions about this run that I would like to be answered first. There are also some comments here too :) 1. You should REALLY do something about your authors comments. It's WAY too short. Are you sure you read the submission instructions? Here's a link if you didn't: http://tasvideos.org/SubmissionInstructions.html#submission_instructions_ 2. Are you sure that it's as fast as possible? :) A hard question to answer perhaps, but I mean, compare this to the NES Tetris run and you can see a lot of differences. First of all, are you sure it's not faster to get a full "Tetris" (take out 4 rows with one block) instead of doing as you do right now, taking out one or two rows at a time? Perhaps your way is faster, I haven't tried it out :) 3. Do you speed up the blocks so they fall faster as soon as you can? It seemed they could be accellerated a little better. 4. I'm pretty sure that you in the beginning could set all the options (the level and high) a bit faster. Use frame advance here. Yeah, that's all I can think of for now. It was fun watching my childhood game get beaten so fast, but I'm sure it can be done even faster. I hope you improve this! EDIT: After watching through this again, I have to vote no on this. I didn't know that you used 0 rerecords either. As Omega said, read the "Why and how" page before submitting anything. I hope you improve this though, and this time with tool assistance ;)
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Randil: your so polite and encouraging!
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Player (24)
I have try it too for a longer time, but not submitt it, because I played it bad. But its hard to do at all, Level 9 Hearth High 5. My time is longer 1:14, so its maybe a good start. But the menu scrolling is to long. But maybe for the Luck manipulation? @ Randil question 2: I think its impossible to take out 4 rows with one block. You can't get so high in this Level 9 Hearth (so not only 9, its more like Level 19). I have try it myself for a time. You have near no controll over the blocks at this speed. Maybe with much work and much more training its possible to make 2 or 3 lines. Or later when many is done 4. But at the beginning most not possible. At all for the first time not bad and with 0 rerecordings too. By my try with the time 1:14 I have use 52 rerecordings. But too not much Frame Advance I think, so I know its a bad time. But I think it is possible under 1 minute. Maybe I try it later again myself. EDIT: You can reach the Play screen at Frame 281. But here in this movie it start at Frame 493. So menu scrolling is bad. But I have not know about Frame Advance too at my first try. Only problem I have try it more times with the 281 Frame, and this is a hard start I think. But maybe only because I try 4 rows, and this is not possible at this Frame.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Former player
was thinking about doing one like this. might as well forfiet over these suggestions as i'm likely not to start on it for a while.
  • holding down does increase fall speed on 19 heart; therefore, use both rotation buttons to save frames.
  • as many garbage lines that can be cleared need to be cleared. it is quicker to get lines this way because it is less dependent on tetrominoes. likewise, always get tetrises because it combines 4 clears with one slowdown animation. when 4 aren't possible, get 3 ad infinitum.
voting no by the way, but good try.
Player (24)
Tetris Level 9 Heart High 5 Time: 0:57 Re-record: 483 Here my version. But too no Tetris or 3 rows, its hard to do for me. But faster then this submitted one. And much more rerecordings. And it could be faster, when stop recording after I press right and just let the block fall down himself. But I still pressed down to finish this game faster. Is my second try for this game. But still not good enough for this site I think. Not sure at all if this is a good game for this site. Maybe to boring. Under 1 minute as I think before. Fastest menu scrolling then possible (I think). But gameplay to not the best.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Post subject: Re: #909: SuperChan1990's GB Tetris in 01:08
Active player (277)
SuperChan1990 wrote:
Level 9 Heath High 5
Okay that is my favorite typo in a while Unless they actually have Heath bars or Heathcliff or something in this game, I don't know
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Yeah, seen them both. Voting No for at least the fact that there is now a much faster run. (Also, get rid of that ROM advertisement in your zip file) But here's a hint to anyone who may wish to make a TAS of this game: there's a Gameboy Color version of this game. Use Tetris DX so the game will be a bit more interesting to watch.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Skilled player (1885)
Is it possible to luckmanipulate which kind of block that will fall down next, like in the NES version where you could pause the game to do so? I think that could be very useful. Maybe this is frame-dependant? MattyXB wrote:
@ Randil question 2: I think its impossible to take out 4 rows with one block. You can't get so high in this Level 9 Hearth (so not only 9, its more like Level 19). I have try it myself for a time. You have near no controll over the blocks at this speed. Maybe with much work and much more training its possible to make 2 or 3 lines. Or later when many is done 4. But at the beginning most not possible
Well, isn't difficult and almost impossible things in games solved with tool assistance? ;) If it can be done, and is faster (I don't know if it even theoretically can be done, as you said, or if it's faster) then it should be done, even if it takes 1000 rerecords to get it right. Oh yes, I'll watch these new movies later on today, and comment on them then. Gotta get to school now. :)
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Thanks for bumping a 5 year old thread, Gruebot.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing