Submission Text Full Submission Page
Used Visual Boy Advance 1.7.2 with rerecording. No Left+Right/Up+Down.
  • No damage taken (including in minigames).
  • No warps or passwords.
  • Does not abuse programming errors.
  • Does not manipulate luck.
  • No restart sequences.
  • Controls one character.
  • Genre: Racing; Puzzle.
Aims: View the credits as quickly as possible, making sure that the second secret level is also unlocked. This requires beating every level up to and including the first secret level without taking any damage (which, in turn, requires that all keys be collected), and also requires beating every minigame (to unlock the first secret level).
In Kururin Paradise, the sequel to Kuru Kuru Kururin, the player guides a rotating propellor-like ship through a series of mazes. Unlike Kuru Kuru Kururin, however, this game allows you to speed up the rotation (using the R button), the world map is less linear, and there are minigames that must be completed in order to access the secret levels.
To make this movie, I went through the levels sequentially, developing strategies to get through each one extremely quickly. Sometimes it was possible to use, or slightly improve, strategies that I had already developed for use in realtime playing; others required new approaches. The later levels were more difficult to create workable strategies for, as the moving objects meant that I had to adjust my strategies for the position of the objects (which is determined solely by how long the player has been in the level for, and has nothing to do with luck). This should be an entertaining movie because it puts together many amazing and difficult shortcuts.

adelikat: Rejecting. This run is just a bit too repetitive and there are some improvements to be made. I wish the author luck on his new & improved version.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #924: qqwref's GBA Kururin Paradise in 25:43.70
Former player
This gets a yes vote from me. I found it a ton more difficult to actually play than this run made it look (walk through the park-like even) :P As said previously though, that sound effect at the start of every level gets a bit annoying after a while (and as you said, you can't do anything about it).
It's good. But I find there are some "record"s not being broken yet in some mazes. I wonder if they're impossible to beat.
Former player
gj qqwref^^ voting yes
<small>My big signature was cleared by admin; i should read <a href="http://tasvideos.org/ForumRules.html">forum rules</a>. But... who does?</small>
Player (135)
But I find there are some "record"s not being broken yet in some mazes. I wonder if they're impossible to beat. The problem is that when I have to get a key it makes the level longer. Take the first level in the machine world, for example: normally, my record for that level is 5"43, but because I had to get the key it was tricky to even beat 10"85. If I wanted Master Rank (the highest rank based on time - the "best ending") then I'd have to go back into the level and beat it again without getting the key. On the other hand, some of my own records in the Training courses were so close to perfection to begin with that I gave up on trying to beat them with slowdown... Maybe in the next version.
Hoe
Just as good the second time around :)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
I'm having big trouble to download the rom, but i will get it done someday. On that day, i'll watch this run...
Former player
that's why i hate your source, foda XDD
<small>My big signature was cleared by admin; i should read <a href="http://tasvideos.org/ForumRules.html">forum rules</a>. But... who does?</small>
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Well done run, i only complain that in some levels it isn't 100% optimized, and on some few levels, it really LOOKS unoptimized. I'm talking about some of the boss mini-game levels. Nevertheless, it's an impressive run, i'm voting yes, but i hope someone improve it someday. The re-record count seems low for a 20+ minute movie (my WIP for kurukuru kururin has 10 minutes and has 4000+ re-records).
Player (135)
Yeah... about the minigames. For most of those, I really had no idea how to make them more optimized (in the shooting one, for instance, I couldn't find a way to speed up the appearance of the targets, and it's most efficient to hit them when they're worth 10 points (at the bottom)). If you have any suggestions on how to improve specific minigames, I'll definately incorporate them into version 2.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I played the original game, but this game looks absolutely insane. Great work at beating the levels quickly without damage (though I did notice you took advantage of the fact that when you're in the start or heart sections you could bounce off the walls and not take damage). Great stuff. YES vote.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Former player
I think Kururin games are more fun to play than to watch, it gets old really fast. And it looked like it wasn't as fast as possible, sometimes when you hit the springs it seemed to slow you down and mini-games didn't seem as fast as possible. I'm sorry but I'll have to vote no.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Pro: In many games a person has no idea what is going on unless they have played the game before. At least a first time viewer is able to follow this game with little difficulty. This makes is more accessible & entertaining. Con: Like Guybrush mentioned, it gets old fast. The game held my interest for about 10 min. It makes me wonder about your goals. Should you be unlocking the bonus levels? Maybe a fastest possible completion should be done instead. Of course, I am not sure which ones were the bonus levels. The ones I think were bonus levels were quite different from the regular levels. Taking them away may only increase the repetitiveness of the game. I dunno. I am not sure I think about this run or how to vote.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects