I've been meaning to polish this run up for a while, and I finally had a couple days to get to it.
Depending on how you judge the end of the movie, V3 is 318 frames faster than V2 going by the frame count of the SMV, or 386 frames faster than v2 going by the final hit on Bowser.
Emulator used: SNES9x v1.43 - Improvement 7
  • Completes game as fast as possible
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Manipulates Luck
  • Uses warps
There isn't too much terribly different between this run and SDW-v2, but here are the main things to notice:
  • Flight takeoff is minimized in order to start fast flying sooner.
  • Lag (fadeout and otherwise) is reduced.
  • The hopping glitch is used in the first three levels, which saves about 100 frames altogether.
  • Misty Castle's flight to the passage in the ceiling has been improved.
  • Misty Star World takes a different route and is much more entertaining than before.
  • Water Star Road is....still boring, but different than before!
  • Pipe Star World has been tightened up a bit when getting the key, and when using it to jump through the invisible blocks.
  • Bowser's Backdoor approach allows flight at the beginning of the level. The statue spits fire out on a timer depending on when the level is entered. For the optimal situation I got when doing the 120-exit run, I needed to wait 48 frames before entering the level. Fortunately, this was slower than what I ended up doing (by only 4 frames, but still, no long waiting to enter the level). If about a second more of improvement is found in this run before here, then another 40 frames can be saved in this level.
  • Final Statistics
    • Frames: 70391 (19 minutes and 33 seconds)
    • Lives: 55 (43 more than v2!!)
    • Score: 341010 (26360 less than v2...oh well)
  • New screenshot frame suggestions
Really, anything that looks cool from Misty Star World.
More information on this run can be found in the submission text for my previous runs:
Enjoy the run!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #974: JXQ's SNES Super Demo World in 19:33.18
Active player (253)
Never before has watching an autoscroller been so much fun. I don't know much about the improvements, but I honestly don't see any reason for voting no or meh.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
It's been a while since a TAS made me go "this is f###ing sick" and yours did. Would be a yes vote if I had the necessary number of posts.
Awesome. I've seen the 120 star version a dozen times, but this game never ceases to entertain. Exceptional running, as always. I'm voting something that starts with Y and rhymes with "undress."
Skilled player (1885)
Really great run. Very entertaining, especially the autoscrolling part. Voting Yes.
Former player
Can't wait to watch this. I should know how much potential there is for great stuff in MSW :) Obvious yes vote, but not voting until I've seen it.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
Former player
Voting Yes! Autoscrolling levels was really cool :)
Current Projects: ???
Former player
Very good indeed, I'd be surprised if this can be improved much more Just one question: Why did you get 14 stars in Misty Isle 3? I expected you to get 99 stars in the end, but this was the only level where you touched the bar
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Thanks for the comments / votes everyone!
VIPer7 wrote:
Why did you get 14 stars in Misty Isle 3?
It helped the fadeout lag to get stars in this level, but none of the others benefited from it this time around (most were slower if I got the stars).
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Loved the juggling. The water level was boring, but that's forgiveable. Most of the time you actually managed to make the autoscrollers worth watching! Yessified.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Loved the juggling. The water level was boring, but that's forgiveable. Most of the time you actually managed to make the autoscrollers worth watching! Yessified.
Tub
fun for the whole family! I pack my bags and put in.. a p-switch. I pack my bags and put in.. a p-switch and green koopa shell. I pack my bags and put in.. a p-switch, a green koopa shell and a trampoline. I pack my bags and put in.. a p-switch, a green koopa shell, a trampoline and a key. (I'm sure this children's game is played outside of germany too. Does anyone know the correct english phrases?) new auto-scroller-crazyness, and faster everything else. deserve a yes-vote.
m00
Active player (277)
I don't know of an exact English version of that...
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Player (24)
Voted Yes. Great fast movie. And the selfscrolling Stage is great entertainment. With so many different items at the same time. Well done. oo the last Boss fight looks great. How you play with your items all the time looks great.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Editor, Active player (296)
Tub wrote:
I'm sure this children's game is played outside of germany too. Does anyone know the correct english phrases?
It's the game where each participant adds a word into the list in turn and by the time the list contains 50-60 words, people begin to stutter and having difficulties remembering them all in sequence? I have once played it in Finnish. But I don't know anything else about the game.
Former player
nothing above the expected from JXQ^^ voting yes
<small>My big signature was cleared by admin; i should read <a href="http://tasvideos.org/ForumRules.html">forum rules</a>. But... who does?</small>
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Tub wrote:
I pack my bags and put in.. a p-switch, a green koopa shell, a trampoline and a key.
It's a red koopa shell ;-) I got the green shell earlier in the level, but got rid of it. I thought about bringing it along as well (and trying to juggle it), but getting the P-Switch and green shell through the blue fire blocks without hitting the shell with a fireball (and still having fun with the Chuck) seems pretty much impossible. Plus, juggling four things down the big drop is probably not possible (one could be dropped far to the right early, though), and the green and red shells couldn't touch, else they'd knock each other out. Something to consider trying if I ever find a reason to make a fourth version, I guess.
Watching this is more fun than finding my SOUL! I enjoy watching these runs more than I think I ever liked playing the games! Now that's lobstertainment!
I rule.
Awsome end. Why do we even need to vote if its done by JXQ? Just auto publish! Heh
wow i like it
i hate sony like nothing else
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Great run. Misty Star Road was awesome. Way to make an autoscroller more entertaining with turtle hopping. "Voting" yes.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [474] SNES Super Demo World: The Legend Continues "warps" by JXQ in 19:33.18
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Yay to another kick ass published work!
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Thank you! And yay for obsoleting myself!
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
It's better to be obsoleted by yourself than somebody else.