Submission Text Full Submission Page
SMB2 TAS Peach only.
  • fceu-0.98.15
  • Uses warps
  • Abuse luck
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
I have improved Genisto's TAS with 5 seconds. Not much but time is time. I guess I'm faster cause I'm using "Get enemy stuck in the floor" glitch and "Fall through the floor" glitch. And I'm using up+down fast climbing glitch which you can save much time on. And I'm fighting the Birdo bosses different. Sometime at the bosses you can see the eggs or the fire Birdo spits out pass through me. And on stage 1-2 picking up the enemy underneath the flying carpet which I also think I'm save time on. Try to be as precise as possible with the Jumping on the carpet. And as always I'm trying to beat the game fast as possible.
Length:9:02 Frames:32516
obsoletes my previous Submission: #871: Diman's NES Super Mario Bros 2 in 09:14.62
Have a nice show!

Phil: Flaws in that movie are outnumbered. Rejected.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1054: Diman's NES Super Mario Bros. 2 "princess only" in 09:01.93
Editor, Active player (296)
I would have imagined the Princess version can be improved by more than 5 seconds...
Active player (410)
Only 5 seconds... I think a more than 30 seconds faster run is possible.
Former player
Voted no because there's no need for this run. And it's also said that this can be improved much more.
Former player
I don't think it's fair to vote no because this is an obvious improvement to the previous run. Even if this run can be improved, it would still obsolete a run that could be improved even more.
Former player
I voted no because I don't think there should be Princess only run anymore.
Active player (410)
Imo, it should have that run but not as sloppy as this :P
Former player
I'm with you on removing the peach-only run.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3598)
Kyrsimys wrote:
I'm with you on removing the peach-only run.
thirded
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Active player (410)
You think that we should remove that run because it is now considered sloppy. What if I do that run myself and it is 1 minute faster with new tricks etc...?
Former player
Phil wrote:
You think that we should remove that run because it is now considered sloppy. What if I do that run myself and it is 1 minute faster with new tricks etc...?
I'd still vote for removing it.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3598)
Phil wrote:
that would be nice, but I still would probably think it is an unecessary run.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
I had a look at the run. It misses out the illusionary glitch to defeat Birdo in 1-2 (that's a big one). Also, I think picking up the enemy at the end of 4-1 is unnecessary and mushroom blocks should be dropped on Birdo, not thrown. Princess doesn't jump over the wall on 6-2, but that's the fault of the Princess. As the Guidelines say, be aware: http://tasvideos.org/Guidelines.html#be_aware_ At least two recent SMB2 runs have the illusionary glitch in them. Just because the run aims to obsolete one movie doesn't mean it should ignore everything else. I'm withholding my vote for now. In my opinion, "meh" is a useless option. Either "yes" or "no".
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I'd vote for removing the Princess run as well. I always wondered, what's the significance of a Princess-only run, besides that is has a published run? I guess I see a comparison as, if someone submitted a Mario-only run, I don't think it would be published.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
We don't need a peach-only run, even if a new version was made utilizing all possible tricks.
Active player (410)
Kyrsimys wrote:
We don't need a peach-only run, even if a new version was made utilizing all possible tricks.
Maybe you but not all +7300 other people that were interested.
voted yes cause its faster than the published run
Personally, I'd vote for more runs with individual characters and such. But this run, unfortunately lacks use of some techniques found in the currently quickest run. Fix these things and you have my yes-vote. As for now, I don't know how to vote... It IS quicker than the previous run of this genre, it should replace the old one, but can be done quicker with recent techniques. This results in a "Meh" for me.
Active player (277)
JXQ wrote:
I'd vote for removing the Princess run as well. I always wondered, what's the significance of a Princess-only run, besides that is has a published run? I guess I see a comparison as, if someone submitted a Mario-only run, I don't think it would be published.
On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd mind seeing a Mario-only run, considering he's never used in speed-only runs!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Player (24)
I have a question. In World 6.1 as you dig for the key. It is not possible to fall one platform down from enemies like the movies on this site when Toad dig for keys? Or does this trick work only with Toad? At least I think too, that there is no need for a Peach only run. Then we need for all characters aonly run. Mario only, Luigi only and Toad only. Not sure if this is entertainment enough?
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Player (57)
Its really boring and tragic that so many people disliked it. Whats wrong with 5 seconds of improvement?
This run can be improved alot more timewise and look alot better. example: at birdo you throw the "stone block" long distance back and forward. In gensitos run the birdo fights with the stone blocks look alot better. I hope to see this run done better in the future
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
Diman wrote:
Its really boring and tragic that so many people disliked it. Whats wrong with 5 seconds of improvement?
Unlike longer runs, SMB2 and other short movies are very demanding. Genisto's run is "obsolete" in a way, being old and a Famtasia movie, so people will not settle for a movie that fails to use new tricks. A SMB2 run must convince everyone that it is the fastest possible. I'm not sure you're even convinced because it appears your only goal was to beat an "obsolete" movie. I know it's not that way, but it acts like Genisto's run is the only thing existing. I take it that you've never seen these movies. Watch them now: http://tasvideos.org/movies.cgi?id=494 http://tasvideos.org/movies.cgi?id=510 By the way, DonamerDragon redid a third of the warpless SMB2 run just to correct a mistake. I recommend doing longer (interesting) games which aren't so contested and don't have such high expectations.
Former player
hahaha... cant Diman make one movie that doesnt cause such a fuss among the users on this board? :D
Player (57)
hahaha... cant Diman make one movie that doesnt cause such a fuss among the users on this board? :D
*Sigh* I guess not... Gaaaaa... Why so many no-votes??