Post subject: VBA Watch (no longer supported!)
gocha
Any
Emulator Coder, Former player
IMPORTANT NOTE: This tool is no longer supported. The latest VBA-rr has nice built-in watch, use it instead. Download: conf -> wch converter - a lua script which might help you, an old user of my crappy watch. ?9yapuddmnyp
I am usually available on Discord server or Twitter.
Former player
Yay! It works perfectly! Thank you very much! This is exactly what I wanted. Edit: Now with proper data types.
Senior Moderator
Gocha, your snes9x memory watcher was the best thing that happened to SNES TASing in the last year or so — and now it's on GBA as well! Man, great thanks to you!
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Yrr
I have a small problem with this tool. Is it possible that it doesn't read the address properly? I need the WRAM address 02000008 and it shows a different value.
gocha
Any
if (watch_memtype.watch_id == WATCH_MEMTYPE_WRAM) { targetMem = VRAM }
Stupid, updated the file above.
Editor, Player (53)
This seems really useful, thanks gocha :D
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
Yrr
Thx, it works now!
Active player (308)
oh... how could I overlook this thing????
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
gocha
Any
Added new watch (vbxwatch.exe) for gameboy variants (lazily). I hope it works fine. Thanks to Adelikat for his request.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
Sweet, I'll give it a try. Edit: So far it's working perfectly fine, it's giving me correct value - goodbye to built in Memory Viewer.
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
I like this but, it really lags vba (especially noticeable is fast-forward) anything to do about that?
Senior Moderator
P.JBoy wrote:
I like this but, it really lags vba (especially noticeable is fast-forward) anything to do about that?
Set it to idle priority.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
I never changed the priority
Senior Moderator
P.JBoy wrote:
I never changed the priority
I guess that's why you need to change it. :)
Warp wrote:
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
I mean, it's always been idle
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
Is it possible to put in your own arithmetic to display value you want to see? For example if game shows that you have 10 healths, then for some odd reason value shows 20 in memory watcher, adding your own arithmetic like value / 2 = real value will be seen in game. Or another example, character "live" shows 2 in game but shows 3 in memory watcher, change to value - 1 = real value.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
I think there's a problem, I could not get this certain address showing any digit. *edit - wait.. I used BGB emu, it's showing DE80 for game frames instead and it worked on memory watcher, something wrong with VBA's cheat searcher.
Editor, Player (53)
Also, you should mention that it's case sensitive, as I wrote 1U instead of 1u, then it won't show the address, it took me a while to figure it... :P
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
gocha
Any
File updated,
P.JBoy wrote:
New exe will be paused when you are pressing Tab or the watch window is minimized.
ventuz wrote:
Is it possible to put in your own arithmetic to display value you want to see?
That would be good, but I am too lazy to implement that. Please do not expect implementing the feature :P
samurai goroh wrote:
Also, you should mention that it's case sensitive, as I wrote 1U instead of 1u, then it won't show the address, it took me a while to figure it... :P
Fixed.
Player (36)
gocha, is there anyway to display bigendian values using your memory watch. I have an oddball game it seems.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
ventuz wrote:
I think there's a problem, I could not get this certain address showing any digit. *edit - wait.. I used BGB emu, it's showing DE80 for game frames instead and it worked on memory watcher, something wrong with VBA's cheat searcher.
Those are two different addresses you're looking at. You're watching 00:CE80 in the left window, and 01:CE80 in the right window.
gocha
Any
OmnipotentEntity wrote:
gocha, is there anyway to display bigendian values using your memory watch. I have an oddball game it seems.
Finally I added the feature to display big-endian values. example:
ABCD,2x*,big-endian
gocha
Any
Added the target setting for rerecording v20.0. Check it on vbawatch rev.2.
Skilled player (1885)
I'm having some issues watching RAM addresses with this tool when playing the game "Tom and Jerry". I believe it has something to do with the "game title" in the "Rom information" - the game title is "TOM AND JERRY", and I think that the reason why I can't watch addresses for this game is because there is 2 blanks in the name. I have no trouble watching addresses for any other games, though this is the only game I have with two blanks in the game title. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? This is what my code for that game looks like, in the file vbxconf0.txt:
;================================
; >> Tom and Jerry
;================================
[TOM AND JERRY]

FF9C,1u,X position
When loading "Tom and Jerry", the memory watcher is totally black, except for the "[Process 0] *" message at the top.
Former player
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke