Post subject: Hydro Thunder
I know a lot of people are against racing games for TAS'ing.. but I think Hydro Thunder has some serious potential for entertainment. I mean the shortcuts are sick, and the crashes you can do with the boats would be totally fun ^_^ [Look Ma! That tour boat darn get in front of us... JACK KNIFE IT!] Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
It might be good I would have to see it to judge. The game is awesome though so I would probably like it.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
This game uses the ExP Pak so it might desynch frequently... however it would require testing. Definitely a game I played in arcades a lot when I was younger.... I should get the ROM and check it out, I don't think I experimented with it during the days of "N64 Wishlist" so I'd have to see what plugins work best, if the game is runnable/suitable, etc. The N64 version supports up to 4 players in simultaneous mode... would extra players speed things up with shortcuts, ala Mario Kart 64?
Homepage ☣ Retired
I've been trying for ever to get this game to work properly with mupen but it always freezes just after the race starts, doesn't matter what plug-in I use. I don't know if there are different plug-ins available that would work better or not. The only n64 emulator that ran the game for me at all was Project64 and I wasn't able to get any sound working with that program, much less not having any recording or frame advance features. I did the HT runs at SDA so I would really like to get this game to emulate properly, even if it is just for my own practice purposes.
Yea I would like to co-author this game with a friend who is a master at this game. He knows everything about it. Only problem is that this game freezes a lot on mupen (as the above poster stated.) If anyone knows away around this let me know. Thanks.