• Recorded with Snes9X v1.43+ (Use WIP1 Timing)
  • Aims for fastest time to 99999 point
  • Speed lv 99 ; Game lv HARD ; Used BALL command
A little improvement over Acmlm's run. I aimed to score 20000 over point in a 13 chain. I used the 12th step on the field by arranging blocks beforehand when the 12th blocks raised. (called "Game Over Cancel" in Japan)

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Oh! I also replaced the ROM name.
  • You indicated Tetris Attack (U).smc
  • I updated it to Tetris Attack (U) [!].smc

adelikat: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1703: zvsp's SNES Tetris Attack "fast 99999" in 01:23.27
Former player
Great movie and looks like a very solid improvement, good job! EDIT: I vote for screenshot #2 btw, awesome work by NVA!
Skilled player (1885)
Kyrsimys wrote:
Great movie and looks like a very solid improvement, good job!
I fully agree. It looks very optimized, and was fun to watch. I'm voting yes.
gocha
Any
Emulator Coder, Former player
beautiful, voting yes.
I am usually available on Discord server or Twitter.
Editor, Experienced player (729)
Nice improvement there, yes vote
Homepage ☣ Retired
People really need to stop obsoleting my 10/10 ratings. 8 second improvement? I love you. One question, though. Are you sure the cursor dancing wasn't causing any lag?
I can't watch this right now; does the movie take advantage of bonuses once the chain hits x13?
...Call me crazy, but i have a couple of questions... a) Why do you stop doing some combos? i did spotted 2 possible 14+ combos there (OR im extremely sick for this game) b) Is there a way to actually manipulate the upcoming pieces? due to this, im hesitating into a Yes vote, i dont actually vote, yet could you answer my questions? The movie is entretaining however, its always enjoyable to see someone do 13+ combos, even if its not in real time =P //edit Ahm...ok, nevermind for question A, im sick..xD now B is intersting
I am not a Taser, i just needed to vote...i do visit the site =P
Even though BenniCR seems to have figured it out, I'll let it be known for everyone that the game stops awarding you points for anything higher than x13.
Most impressive run! Just a pity the score freezes so soon and so does the combo meter :( BUT I was most definitely entertained! Definite Yes! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Experienced player (765)
Thank you very much for your votings. > Kles Yes, moving cursor don't influence the run, however moving blocks lost time. > NMcCoy Sure. > BenniCR There is a way, but I don't know in detail. I'm sorry I'm not good at speaking English.
You should have caused 11 more frames of lag or something. That would make this run 1:23.45 Oh well, I was entertained, yes vote :)
Skilled player (1402)
Nice movie, voting yes. I was actually also planning on improving Acmlm's movie some time. I knew it was possible to do it in 5 'rounds' like you did Acmlm did it in 6 rounds). It should theoretically also be possible to do it in 4 rounds though... but this would be extremely hard IF it would work out. Anyway, good job :)
Experienced player (765)
Thank you very much for your votings. > Baxter Nice to meet you. I'm zvsp507 in YouTube. I'm glad for you to improve my PanePon, great job.
Skilled player (1402)
zvsp wrote:
> Baxter Nice to meet you. I'm zvsp507 in YouTube. I'm glad for you to improve my PanePon, great job.
Ah, nice to meet you too. Cool that you are here now too. I wouldn't have even known about that strategy for PanelPon without your youtube movie. It was pretty good already, so I was lucky to improve it a bit in the end.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [971] SNES Tetris Attack "fastest 99999" by zvsp in 01:23.27
Skilled player (1402)
There is an improvement of this TAS on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bkdLgtfftQ. It gets an ingame time of 0:55, instead of the current 1:01. It's also made by zvsp (current author). There is also an improvement to my Tetris Attack TAS on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-0rKAYi2mE. It gets an ingame time of 0:27, instead of the current 0:29. It would be nice if these TASes found their way to TASvideos.
Former player
Something I noticed in the description that bugs me.
"The result is obtained by executing multiple combos simultaneously, building them up to level 13. Combo bonuses are no longer awarded after getting 13 consecutively due to a bug in the game."
You mean Chains. Combos are where you get 4 or more of the same colour to disappear at once. Chains are the x2 x3 x4 things. The description confused me for a second because of that. When someone has time, they should fix that. Just pointing it out.