Post subject: Battle Tanx: Global Assault
emu
Active player (380)
Battle Tanx: Global Assault the successor of Battletanx, is a game that I played some years ago due to the possibility of a coop-mode. While the gameplay and story are rather primitive, it has some nice aspects that can be useful in a tas: -speed (collecting missions with the moto tank) -accuracy (analog support, aiming over long distances) -destruction and mayhem (destruction missions, nuke) ;) At the time that I started a run, speedruns.net announced a N64 competition. Considering that I might submit it there I had to take some minor mistakes into account. The longer I tased, the more it desynched, which finally made me give up as it couldn't be finished in December. So I thought, I might put my work here, in case someone wants to work on a run of one of these games and needs some ideas. I used the (E) version! It seems, that the (U) rom is not emulated. moviefile youtube videos: part1 part2 However, I start to doubt, that a run of this game is enjoyable to watch for people who didn’t play the game, as they might not understand some missions.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
Fast, fun and explosive! Flop likes. I urge you to complete some form of this game to submit here, pronto.
Homepage ☣ Retired
is there any way you could get your score down 2 points on level one, so when you kill the last guy the screen says: "Score 1337" ? :3 i have never heard of this game before, but it was funny as hell, seeing a slow ass tank quickly butt fuck any yellow or red dots found on the screen edit: wait wait wait wait... the prisoners are floating heads?! wtf?
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
I've never played the game, but I still enjoyed the TAS. But I suppose desynching can't really be helped if you must cancel the project...
I loved that game. Great TAS, too.
Former player
Awesome game. D: It's a shame you're quitting this, I would have loved to see the finished movie.
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
Doing a 2-player Campaign mode TAS on Hard mode and use password WRDRB to play the secret boat level towards the end of the game.
Experienced player (601)
YES!
Current Project: - Mario Kart 64