Hello everyone! Long time no see, today I'll bring my second Megaman Zero TAS movie in here.
For some input end arguement,here is a 17m18.167s version which ends the input before the credits roll: the link is here

Game objectives

• Emulator used: VBA-rr V19.3
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Cancels missions
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Manipulates luck

About the run

This run is not a full stage run, some information of the game please see GigaFrost's cancelled run, the path in this run exactly is:
-Intro Stage
-Aztec Falcon Stage
-Rescue Shuttle mission; use Escape Unit
-Dual in Desert mission; use Escape Unit
-Base invasion; defeat Hanumachine
-Final Stage 1
-Final Stage 2
-Final Stage 3
-Fin-

About weapon level up choice

I have chose to make the Z-Saber level up for a skill -- rolling attack. Rolling attack also has a glitch like the standing-slash,but it can be used in mid air.

Other comments

Thanks for GigaFrost's run. It gave me a good plan of this game.
Thanks klmz and Cpadolf gave me many good ways in some small optimizations and luck manipulate.
That's all what I want to say, by the way, if there are some mistakes in this article, could you please tell me and help me turn it to right? Thank you very much!^_^
At last, hope you all enjoy this run~!

Truncated: Looks good to me. I will accept it. I didn't understand the reason for waiting through the credits, but it says why in Gigafrost's submission:
If you don't save after the credits you can't start a hard mode game.
I don't see why this is necessary for a speedrun. I accept the 17 minute version, and I think that one should replace the current submission. Stopping the movie when the credits start to roll is the standard here. An administrator must change the movie file before this run is published.

ShinyDoofy: Claiming encoding. Will wait for the official input file to be replaced.

adelikat: Submission file replaced!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2174: computerbird's GBA Mega Man Zero in 17:18.17
Editor, Experienced player (730)
I really think the input should end before the credits roll, like all other movies on the site. That's what, 3 minutes of credits rolling included in the input movie? I liked Gigafrost's movie; this one is better.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Player (106)
Hehe, that's a problem. I don't know where should I end this movie, it's not like the MMZ3 or MMZ4, there is not a good scene to end the input (in my mind). I think I need more attitude about this problem.
I'm coming to here to learn English~
Editor, Experienced player (730)
Whatever the very last button needed to push to make the credits roll on their own. Gigafrosts's reason to run through the credits is, well, stupid in my mind.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Player (106)
OK, I'm put a 17m18.167s version which is end the input before the credits roll in my submssion.
Skilled player (1431)
It's pretty impressive how fast you managed to redo the whole movie, glad I could be of a little help. The movie itself is pretty cool, lots of fast action and boss raping, though the 4 frame lag with every sabre hit is really annoying... 7.5/8
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
I definitely loved this movie, the quick boss fights, the glitches, and the non-stop action. Voting high for this movie.
Currently working on: -Possibly the Wily Tower (Mega Man the Wily Wars)
Active player (308)
I will watch it later, but if it's better than Gigafrost's... I vote YES! EDIT: OK, I watched, it's really cool.Great work, computerbird
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (752)
i will submit an Avi video and upload it to YouTube, if computerbird agree.
Player (106)
Rolanmen1 wrote:
i will submit an Avi video and upload it to YouTube, if computerbird agree.
It doesn't matter, you can do that if you want^_^.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (752)
Cool, i will put of the links here when they are fully uploaded, and i will upload then in HD. EDIT: oh and a little question, its necessary to upload the intro and the ending of the game?
Player (106)
Rolanmen1 wrote:
Cool, i will put of the links here when they are fully uploaded, and i will upload then in HD. EDIT: oh and a little question, its necessary to upload the intro and the ending of the game?
i think a movie should be as full as possible, so please keep the intro and the ending of the game.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (752)
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (752)
computerbird wrote:
Rolanmen1 wrote:
i think a movie should be as full as possible, so please keep the intro and the ending of the game.
TAS has been uploaded succesfully.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1262] GBA Mega Man Zero by computerbird in 17:18.17
Former player
I'm glad to see this was finally done (even if far, far after my last disappearance.) :)
IST
Hmm. I wonder why no one brought up the current SDA run when this was being debated? http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManZero.html it's almost six minutes faster.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
Probably because that run is more like 4 minutes slower, not 6 minutes faster. EDIT: By their timing, this TAS is about 4 minutes and 57 seconds faster than that speedrun on SDA.