Gabby Jay 06.26            Bear Hugger 13.49
Piston Hurricane 05.50     Bald Bull 08.64
Bob Charlie 05.50          Dragon Chan 07.49*
Masked Muscle 06.33        Mr. Sandman 13.13*
Aran Ryan 08.45            Heike Kagero 10.60
Mad Clown 09.24            Super Machoman 09.43*
Narcis Prince 08.50*        Hoy Quarlow 08.35
Rick Bruiser 10.71*         Nick Bruiser 08.41*
Those marked with a (*) means that they are faster than the precedent WR.
Phil: Published.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #227: Phil & Genisto's SNES Super Punch-Out!! in 15:58.98
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [143] SNES Super Punch-Out!! by Phil & Genisto in 15:58.98
Post subject: The Nick Bruiser time can be improved
Editor, Player (53)
Nick Bruiser's time can be improved quite a bit, because you can rarely hit him with a Super Uppercut twice, making times of sub 8 secs... I think there's a video somewhere at my other computer, or maybe I should contact the guy with the page so you can see it...
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
Active player (410)
I know, I know. Currently, I don't consider to be urgent. One day, a new version will be published with Nick Bruiser fight improved. Btw, I have seen that video. He was so lucky to got that random. Evidently, it will be faster than him.
Editor, Player (53)
Today, I was improving my times & found out that Narcis Prince's record can be improved a 0.01 secs... I know it's nothing, but it's still an improvement... The strat used is the same, but have to dizzy him at 6"86 & not 6"88... Here's a snap of mine:
Active player (410)
Well, there's a lot of random in this game and we haven't tested everything.
Editor, Player (53)
I know, I just got lucky to get that time. BTW, I have some magazines with some records of this game & there are some that are better than the ones here, the problem is that it doesn't mention the strat used (that sucks...). The times are: Gabby Jay: 5"98 Bald Bull: 7"84 Dragon Chan: 7"39 Mr. Sandman: 12"58 Aran Ryan: 8"41 Heike Kagero: 9"86 Mad Clown: 9"01 All this times where done on the actual game, which may be improved if the strats are ever found...
Active player (410)
What's that magazine? Some guys before me have tried to find strategies using savestates with Zsnes and were slower and you said that someone beat those records on console. Unless I see by myself, I think it's untrue. Especially with HUGE difference like that.
Editor, Player (53)
Phil wrote:
What's that magazine?
I know those times are hard to believe, but they appear on a very important magazine of Mexico, Club Nintendo, which is like the little brother of Nintendo Power in US...
Phil wrote:
Some guys before me have tried to find strategies using savestates with Zsnes and were slower and you said that someone beat those records on console.
I'm curious about that, where did you found the strats and/or who tried them?
Phil wrote:
Unless I see by myself, I think it's untrue. Especially with HUGE difference like that.
I'm also a little bit doubtful about the times, since I tried everything I think with Gabby Jay with no success, well I did found how to KO him at 6"26 when known strats would only get you 6"60ish...
Active player (410)
Well there was some videos from Paradise's website which is down today. And we found some new strategy by our own.
Editor, Player (53)
I though you saw them on either GameFAQs' SPO forum or Jarboo's site, since Bear Hugger's strat was found by Abused Rib, & I doubt that someone else could find that strat... Anyway, if I have more free time, I'll try to find new patters to get WRs.
Active player (410)
That Repliforce is a pure liar. From: Repliforce21 | Posted: 6/9/2005 9:12:41 AM | Message Detail My best times on all characters Gabby Jay: 5"50 Bear Hugger: 10"84 Piston Hurricane: 5"50 Bald Bull: 6"36 Bob Charlie: 5"50 Dragon Chan: 6"29 Masked Muscle: 5"66 Mr. Sandman: 8"72 Aran Ryan: 6"87 Keike Kagero: 7"18 Mad Clown: 8"14 Super Macho Man: 7"39 Narcis Prince: 7"86 Hoy Quarlow: 5"90 Rick Bruiser: 9"22 Nick Bruiser: 6"15 Man I got such great scores, on the characters.
Player (84)
Yup.. no way you can get 5 on hoy Quarlow.. or the other scores..
(1) Aran Ryan------------0'05"35------0'08"45------+ 0'03"10 Hello Phil, I have Aran Ryan listed as the fastest beaten in the game. Finding the strategy again is hard though. The time was figured out when I first got this game many years ago on my SNES console. It was done by my brother over and over again, yet I was never able to do it, which is why I cannot remember the strategy exactly. I also didn't think it'd be the fastest time anyone's ever beaten him so I didn't write down any strategy. I'm not sure if this is possible on emulator, because they're might be differences between console and emulator. But after the first KO Aran Ryan would get up and then fall down again and you'd win. This was not done with any cheating devices as we don't own any for the console so that is not the case. ____________________________________________________________ As for what I can remember from the strategy and what I've been able to piece together using the final time and probabilities. 27 bars on the bottom to get to full power. 4 bars per regular punch and 7 per counter. The 8.45 strategy uses 7 punches then the KO. 3 body blows and 4 jabs. The time freezes at 5.11, then the KO punch takes it to 5.15. Now for a final time of 5.35 the dizzy frozen time before this could of been 5.31 (it was console, may of not been perfect) From what I can tell about the timing system jabs are slower than body blows, (I'm not sure exactly the time between either, you'd be a lot more accurate with this) So from what I remember from the fight and the most probable solution, the fight is all jabs, 7 jabs make the time way too slow and I haven't found a 7 jab comination that makes him get dizzy. So what I believe is that it was 5 jabs, then 1 delayed jab to counter him which would get you to full power, the time would be there around what it needs to be. The problem is, is that he won't get dizzy after this, and I'm not sure if you hit him after you counter him or what the best combination for this is. Lastly if you could tell me some tricks that you know of how to get Aran dizzy using jabs, I'd try all the combinations with jabs to try and find the right formula.
I'm not sure if this is possible on emulator, because they're might be differences between console and emulator. Umm...no. That defeats the whole purpose of emulation in the first place. I'm not taking sides on the debate as to what's real and what isn't, ya'll can fight that out yourself...I'm simply saying that the emulators are straight copies of what the actual second-gen systems did.
YtterbiJum, on SMB3: I've tried 20+ times and it always desyncs there. Unless, of course, Genisto meant to die, use a star on the map screen, go in a pipe, and jump around till time runs out.
Where can I find the fastest strategies to beat the characters? I will prefer if they are no-glitch strategies (no pause glitch). Thanks.
Active player (410)
I think I will rework on this game someday. If people want to help me, it will be better. I hate restarting a whole game because of stupid complex randomness.
Is there a run of this game around that doesn't use those lame pause glitches?
I have been trying to figure out how to run this video for about a year. What codec or whatever am I supposed to go get to make this thing run?
Former player
Read THE FAQ(!!!).
Gee, thanks. I never would have thought to do that over the course of a year. If the FAQ cleared everything up for me, I wouldn't be asking.
Editor, Active player (296)
pacmanfevr76 wrote:
Gee, thanks. I never would have thought to do that over the course of a year. If the FAQ cleared everything up for me, I wouldn't be asking.
Sorry if I'm mistaken, but to me, it almost looked like you were asking "which codec do I need to view this video". The page Brushy linked to, happens to answer that question in great detail by listing the codecs (and the where-to-get-thems) used in the videos at this site. Perhaps you should rephrase your question to avoid misunderstandings. The best way to ask, is to provide information of your situation. Which file specifically are you having trouble playing? Please indicate the filename. Which player are you using? What codecs/codec packs do you have installed? Which versions of them? What have you already tried? What makes you think it does not work? What kind of problems are manifested and in which way? What does it say? Are you sure your download was complete? What is the size of the file? You provided next to none of this information. For example, Brushy had to guess you are talking about the AVI file, and not for example, the torrent file (the FAQ tells you what those are for) or the SMV file (the FAQ tells you what those are for). If you don't spend effort in making your question easy to answer, we won't spend effort in answering it either. Answering a question that doesn't provide details on the problem would require guessing every possible situation and explaining the resolutions to each ones of them ― which is not really fair.
Post subject: Nick Bruiser in 7'79"
I got a score of 7'79" once a long time ago. Here are screenshots of it: I know that these screenshots do not suffice as proof. I actually hope that others here have done this before. This was done using ZSNESW without slow down. Save states were used quite a bit and, even with save states, I have an extremely difficult time reproducing it. I thought my time was good, but I didn't think it was TAS good. I didn't realize that a TAS of it existed though and that my time was faster. If anyone would like, I can attempt it again and try to record it, or I can attempt to explain how it is done.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
This run is soon to be obsolete: http://tasvideos.org/1290S.html I got 7.54 here in this submission.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Oh wow, I guess I should have just looked at the submissions. Good job. :)