Submission Text Full Submission Page
-1 player (Blaze) -Played at hardest level (Hard) -No death
It took me around 2 weeks making this TAS, honestly I wasn't very enthusiastic about this because it is not very impressive IMO, the game by itself doens't help to display interesting stuff, anyway I decided to make this because the lack of SOR 3 TASes.
Certainly there is not much to say about this speed run because everything is pretty obvious... There are two reasons why I chose Blaze: She is the only character that I feel comfortable to use and also consider is the quickest if used properly (Zen can also be fast but is too boring to me).
To save time, it is convenient to try to group the enemies to kill them massively and be careful not to exceed in hitting, the combo that I normally use, is the regular one excluding the last hit (the kick), followed by a grab, two knee hits and a slam into the floor. This combo occurs throughout the game, the fact of omitting the final kick in the regular combo, forces me to kick the air in order to unblock it.
Coming soon more information.

Nach: Bad reception, and see posts on how to improve this run. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2558: Bestiajerules's Genesis Streets of Rage 3 in 46:01.03
Skilled player (1307)
The fact that its 1-player kinda scares me, but the fact that its also from Bestiajerules makes me happy at the same time. Will post my opinion in my next post. ;)
Player (60)
I decided to make this because the lack of SOR 3 TASes.
I'm not sure if you've seen this TAS of Zan cleared on Hard mode, http://tasvideos.org/668S.html There were some good parts throughout the run but I did see some notable flaws. Good parts: Robot Y is an bothole and you made him look like nothing despite having the worse hitbox in all of the beat em ups I've played. Stage 4 you took advantage of the tunnel cart dealing good damage outside of Blaze's fighting range. Stage 2 boss fight had some interesting tactics. You've abused Blaze chain grab (having another enemy nearby and recieving damage from her knee). Stage 7 Sword Sword Sword. Stage 3 .. WANKA *dies for falling into a bit*. I put them into 2 sections. Might saved a few frames .. need to test to compare * Apparently killing the bikers doesn't advance you to the next section/wave sooner according to this quote:
"Three reasons for hitting (and not killing) the bikers. The first is entertainment, the second is that if you kill them, you lose a lot of time, as the game waits for the biker to disappear before it throws another one on the screen. The third is that if you hit them, they go across the screen faster than usual, and when they're gone, the next bikers come. This saves time (except for the very last biker...by then the boat shows up and then it doesn't matter if you kill him or not)."
* On Stage 5 the 2nd and 3rd Ninja room, if you do a jump kick before 'Blazes does a backflip' at the door she does go a bit further to the right than letting the game doing itself but sometimes or always she does her backflip afterwards. * On stage 7, the last section before the 2 boss fights, let Rocket grab you because he actually hurts himself for hitting the ceiling, it's very deadly that he only has a bit of life left. The only reason not to use it is because of how long Blaze can recover before fighting again (not sure if it is short enough to save time) as combat was planned very well. Notable flaws On Stage 2, right before Mona and Lisa, you pick up a Chicken and the game had to trigger 'Blaze walking to the next screen event'. Maybe you could have done a dash jump a frame before it happens to reduce time (SOR3 doesn't have fix timings for the next screen to load up like it does in SOR2). The biggest flaw is Stage 6 because it's faster to go the lowest floor first and then do the middle floor because you will have to face 1 set of mobs instead of 2 seen in your run Eg, Your run: Lift -> 2nd lowest floor -> 2 Mobs -> Switch, 2 Mobs -> Lift -> Lowest Floor, -> 3 Karate dudes -> Switch -> 3 Karate dudes -> Lift -> Chief of Police My idea: Lift-> Lowest floor -> 3 Karate dudes -> Switch -> 3 Karate dudes -> Lift -> 2 mobs -> Switch -> Chief of Police Because of the flaw my vote is very likely to be No for now... if you have time to improve the flaws my decision is more likely to change into a yes. If you haven't seen the 2 player TAS Wip you should check it out, it's pretty entertaining unfortunately the original TASer has apparently retired due to business on other things.
greenalink.blogspot.com
Active player (405)
Some general thoughts: I love SoR3 but I can't help feeling it's better suited for a playaround than a speedrun. I once played around with the idea of a 2p playaround with Axel and Blaze but never got around to it. I think this would make for a more interesting run since you get twice as many moves, plus a few extras such as the move where you vault over your teammate and do an air attack on the enemies. Anyway, the run isn't bad. It seems more-or-less optimized. Some specific points of interest: Nice work with the Wings motorcycle dudes in Stage 2. I didn't know it was possible to hit them twice before they go off screen. Very nicely handled. The part with Bruce and Roo looks like it can be improved. If you can somehow manipulate Roo closer to the edge of the screen so you don't have to wait while he runs all the way across, that would probably save time. Very nice work with Mona and Lisa. :D Stage 3 was pretty solid. I love watching guys fly off the ledges. Manipulating Tiger to jump kick off the edge was gold. Robot Axel was nice. Stage 4 kind of lost me. The part with the ninjas seemed somewhat boring. The Yamato fight really looks improvable. There are several points where you don't seem to be able to get on top of him and lots of times where you slam him off screen where you can't follow up with more attacks. Throwing him over your shoulder into the centre of the room might be better. Stage 5 started out great, but it drags on for a while. More the fault of the game than yours, really. After reaching the top of the elevator, things pick up well. Stage 6's route is sub-optimal. Take the elevator down to the bottom floor first, clear it, then take it back up to the second floor and clear that. Then it's a very quick dash to rescue the Chief. Going to the second floor, then bottom, then coming back up to the second floor again is a time-waster. Sorry, I think that clinched it. My other complaints might have been based on ignorance and there might have been a reasonable explanation, but this route is much slower. I think it might be possible to beat the stage faster in real time. Stage 7 wasn't bad. Nice work with the robot arm in particular. Overall nothing too special. I'm afraid my vote is meh.
Skilled player (1307)
You reached Stage 5 Scene 4 near 25 minuites into your movie. atro city's 2p TAS reaches it 2 minuites earlier. There seem to be some disadvantages to 2p though. But other than that, I am sadly voting No.
Former player
OMFG, you are right guys, I really blundered in Stage 6, what a fucking noob mistake! after that I should vote 'no' myself. BTW, I had no idea that there was another run in the site despite of I used the search function...
Player (60)
Even with that mistake it's still faster than the first TAS run of the game ;). If people were saying that Stage 5 is too long (not because of the skill but the game itself) it makes me wonder if there was a Bare Knuckle 3 run and it was submitted as a secondary movie like the Final Sword run on Castlevania Portrait of ruin. Even though Bare Knuckle 3 is much easier than Streets of Rage 3 there are some good reason to have it: * You fight can against Ash * See some dodgy bike physics after taking down the bikers. * The enemies do not have stupidly high health. The final boss on 'Very hard' has around 2.5 layers of health. * With a faster pace (and what Streets of Rage 3 should have looked like visually) it wouldn't get boring too soon. * You can take down the second wall before the screen scrolls at the Bulldozer scene. The only disadvantage is that spamming the Special Attacks when Special Meter is low drains more health than it does in Streets of Rage 3.and on Stage 7 factory, Rocket can damage the player with his jet slam attack.
greenalink.blogspot.com
Former player
Greenalink, I'll answer your first post tomorrow, now I must go to sleep.
I do think that in general, Bare Knuckle 3 is the superior game; however, I also think that it'd be a shame to ignore all the work that atro city put into his SOR3 2P TAS.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I gotta say, I don't like this game as much as SOR2. The music and sound are definitely worse. The game is also a lot longer. However, this still managed to hold my interest well enough. The route on Stage 6 should be improved, as others have said. Also, I think your fighting gets better later in the run: you miss some hits so that you don't knock the enemies down as much, keeping them up longer for more damage. (This was especially noticeable in Stage 6.) Lastly, this game really needs a 2-player run... SOR2 didn't need it as much since Max had enough variety as a character, but this game needs it like SOR1 needed it. I'll vote Meh, because I think you can do better. However, this is certainly a very good effort! You did a great job especially in Stages 3 and 4, when you used the features of the stage to your advantage. I look forward to seeing more from this game. P.S. Why isn't the sword used more often? It looks pretty good, though you pass it up the first time you fight ninjas.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
OMFG, you are right guys, I really blundered in Stage 6, what a fucking noob mistake! after that I should vote 'no' myself.
but please dont drop that project. i would love to see an improved sor3 run.
Well, this would be the second SOR3 submission (that I know of), that will likely get rejected. I urge you to try a 2P run if possible since that's the only thing that most people feel would be worthwhile for SOR3. AtroCity did try a 2P run in the past, but never finished it (try searching for it). It had a LOT of potential, but other things got in the way (real life situations obviously). So, I can only support the idea, but you would have to be interested in doing it. EDIT: Well here it is http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1814 Definitely be sure to look at the history, but in short, AstroCity completely gave up on the run and the latest update is in his signature (up to stage 5-2). At any rate, that's all I can do really, stake my interest in the potential for something on behalf of BK3/SOR3.
GGG
Banned User, Former player
I vote no Because 1) In this game should be used 2 Players 2) it would be much better in a faster time 3) This would be rejected by juries Edit: Use 2 players, improves a little time and will be acceptable
Active player (405)
I'm surprised this doesn't have any yes votes. They're all "No" or "Meh". The run was good, just improvable.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Heisanevilgenius wrote:
I'm surprised this doesn't have any yes votes. They're all "No" or "Meh". The run was good, just improvable.
Yeah, it is a shame. This actually is a good run. However, I didn't feel like saying "Yes" because of the route in Stage 6. If the run is updated with a proper route in Stage 6, I'd upgrade my vote to a "Yes", though I'd still prefer a 2p run.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Active player (405)
mklip2001 wrote:
I gotta say, I don't like this game as much as SOR2. The music and sound are definitely worse. The game is also a lot longer.
Yeah, most people prefer SoR2. But I like #3 a lot better. 1. I disagree about the music. It has a lot of cool music. They both do, really. So I might agree that SoR2 has better music, but not vastly so. 2. SoR1 and 2 are both really slow-paced. #3 has a great pace and it's a lot of fun to play. 3. SoR3 has a really great special move system. When the special meter is at the top, you don't lose any health, otherwise how much health you lose depends on how high the meter gets before you do another special. This encourages you to use special moves more often. I loathe how most fighting games make you lose health (and usually a lot of it) to do a special move. I never want to use them. 4. It adds a bunch of cool extra moves that weren't available in earlier games. The only thing I don't like about #3 is that it's freaking hard as hell. Even with the 9 lives cheat, I've only beaten the game twice with the bad ending because I can't beat Robot Y on time. It's quite cruel and unforgiving. Most people I've tried to play it with end up getting frustrated and don't want to play anymore.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!
Sorry, error post... ^^"
What the fuck?
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Active player (417)
Kzduardo Oliveira - BR wrote:
34.193 NUMBER OF RERECORDS????????????? Save State.. humpf ¬¬'
Qual o problema nisso, cara? Translation: What's wrong, loser?
Player (42)
Marcokarty wrote:
I think "dude", instead of "loser" would be a more accurate translation of what you said.
Active player (417)
p4wn3r wrote:
Marcokarty wrote:
I think "dude", instead of "loser" would be a more accurate translation of what you said.
But he's a loser, really! Cause I don't think he's blind. He's on a TAS site!
Player (42)
Marcokarty wrote:
But he's a loser, really! Cause I don't think he's blind. He's on a TAS site!
Oh, fine then. I was just worried that you could unconsciously seem offensive because of a bad translation.