Tiny Toon Adventures is a awesome platformer, with varying levels that are short and can be challenging. As shown in the game intro, Montana Max has the power to talk through T.V's and, he notifies you that he stole your bitch Babs Bunny. This is a 821 917 frame improvement over the previous movie ([990] NES Tiny Toon Adventures by Randil in 11:18.25 )by Randil. Time saved comes from more optimization, better use of the "hyper ultra mega maximum super jump", skipping using Furball for all world except the last one, and better boss fights.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Originally started on FCEUX 2.1.2 but finished with 2.1.4a, it will sync with any of them.
  • Aims for maximum amount of time
  • Uses a left + right glitch
  • Collect maximum amount of carrots
  • Ignores TAZ Dizzy Devil (thanks Dwedit) and that weird looking duck thing because they suck

Comments

I originally started this run a few months ago because I found the jumping through stairs thing which saved 3 seconds. I didn't think I would save anymore time, but I was wrong. The run then got halted at world 3 because I got lazy, but I recently picked it back up and finished it. There are improvements in every world, some more noticeable than others.

Suggested Screenies

Frames 2921, 3375, 8455, 13662, 15429, 20108, 25380, 27512, 29176, 35493, 38446, 39562.
TODO: Replace those with actual pictures.

Very Very Very Very VERY Special Thanks

I would like to thank the following people for watching my WIPs and helping me out with their insight about the game:
  • Randil
  • Randil
  • Randil
and last but not least...
  • Randil

Final Thoughts

The corny scene at the end after the input with Montana Max and Buster makes me laugh. Thanks for watching/reading/smelling.

adelikat: Replacing submission file with one approximately 2 seconds faster due to improved 4-3 and the last 2 rooms of world 6.
FractalFusion: Accepting as an improvement to the published run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2747: Kyman's NES Tiny Toon Adventures in 11:01.88
Active player (308)
how could you ignore TAZ in a TAS?
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Editor, Active player (429)
Ahaha, very nice pun. *groans*
Skilled player (1885)
You worked really hard on this, and I think it really shows. There are a lot of new things in this run, a lot of them were things I never even thought of when I made my published run. Anyway, here's a yes vote, awesome job indeed!
Randil wrote:
You worked really hard on this, and I think it really shows. There are a lot of new things in this run, a lot of them were things I never even thought of when I made my published run. Anyway, here's a yes vote, awesome job indeed!
Thank you very much, you helped out a lot! Also I would like to applaud you for being such a class act about someone beating your movie, I wish more people were like this on the site.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
requesting Flygon's HQ encoding "yes" of course ;)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Have you watched it yet? If you are asking for a encode it seems like you haven't. Please do not vote before watching.
ive watched all wips, so my vote is a big YES lots of improvments with new strategies thx for this movie lot s of fun
Run..Run...Run.....
Kyman, my friend, i not only watched the submission (& made avi with my poor skills for friends) but also followed WIPs in the subj's topic. i was meaning this run needs a Flygons HQ encode - namely because of its TAS quality
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Well thank you very much then :)
Dwedit
He/Him
Dizzy Devil is not TAZ :)
Yeah but they look the same so why not?
Skilled player (1307)
This kicked ass. I even dare say special star ass. Yes vote and congratulations Kyman! Now back to SM64!
Jess
She/Her
Site Developer
Encoding
feos wrote:
requesting Flygon's HQ encoding "yes" of course ;)
What exactly do you mean by HQ? I'm liable to encode this in High Definition for YouTube... but I'm not sure if you mean my stock standard encodes or not. Either way, Darkpsy's coming encode should be of reasonable quality.
Active player (417)
Nice TAS. Buster is looking like a drugged guy with this fast pace. lol
Dwedit wrote:
Dizzy Devil is not TAZ :)
here in my country they changed the characters names for some funny names in our language.
Run..Run...Run.....
Experienced player (699)
Yes votes. I'm really surprised how quick this is honestly. I would never have thought you could beat it in that time.
Super Mario Bros. console speedrunner - Andrew Gardikis
Flygon, yes, i mean your standart of encode (as it is always High Quality/Definition video)
Active player (308)
Yes vote for Kakeman!
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Two parts looked a little questionable. In 2-2, when you do a tornado attack through a fish, it seems like you're too high up on the screen and have to scroll back down farther. Also, in the 2-3 boss fight, the pirate doesn't get to land for the second hit but does land for the third hit: would it have been better to hit him before he lands for that hit too? In any case, yes vote. It's amazing how fast 4-3 can be done without Furball.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
The thing in 2-2 actually saved 5 frames, because it gave me more Y speed falling down the tunnel. And for 2-3 I made sure I hit him right away everytime. Thanks though :)
Is the download to the movie file down?
"I think we can put our differences behind us... for science, you monster."
Don't encode yet! I need my submission replaced. I saved time in 4-3 thanks to andymac and in world 6 thanks to andymac/me. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/593161867/Tiny%20Toon%20Adventures%20TAS.fm2
exellent. what time did it take to fix the previous movie?