1 2
10 11 12
17 18
Post subject: Submitting Star Fox 64
Former player
Is anybody submitting the Star Fox 64 Speed Run that Aims for Fastest Time, or Aims for High Score?
Post subject: Hardest Level
Former player
Is the Redline route, or playing Expert mode count as "Play at Hardest Level" in Star Fox 64?
Former player
Edit from Sector Z Quote because this looks like offtopic. So, your not submitting the Star Fox 64 because it cannot skip intro when first seen. In Speed Demos Archive, it can skip intro and play the Expert Mode because they Starts from the save because they have N64 console. Speed Run Console is Speed Demos Archive. Speed Run Emulation is Tasvideos.
Skilled player (1086)
Once upon a time Vidar was running this but it seems stalled at the moment. Also, there is a small tag at the top of each post you make labelled 'Edit'. If you use it you can add your new content to a previous post rather than filling the forum with a string of shit ;)
Former player
KRocketneo wrote:
Is anybody submitting the Star Fox 64 Speed Run that Aims for Fastest Time?
No, that would be boring.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Editor, Experienced player (730)
except for the aims for High Score part, which is entertaining, and is being worked on. playing in expert mode is once you get all medals. for the TAS, you need to play normal mode because there's no as of yet function for playing from SRAM for mupen.
Homepage ☣ Retired
KRocketneo Could you try to edit your post instead of double posting. Also try to stay focused on the subject and do not post offtopic post.
Sad there's been no real progress that was shown and made on this for quite a while....
I am just a silhouette, a silhouette of a memory of a solitary night .. nothing more.
I've said this before: this run is not dead yet. It is being meticulously worked on to improve on meepers' score.
Homepage ☣ Retired
maybe the author working on this project could toss out a little WiP no matter how short? we like to have something to look at once in a while besides offtopic tripleposts =P
From what I've seen from the author's .m64, at the moment, the Corneria redone wip is at the first robot. so far, there's no score improvement, only about 5 seconds improvement from small things and a major startegical change for a future level. Therefore, there is not too much difference between that WIP and the posted 337 Corneria.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Post subject: Playback Starfox 64
Former player
Does the rom Star Fox 64 (U) (V1.0) [!].z64 desync?
no it does not.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Former player
comicalflop wrote:
no it does not.
It doesn't desync for all levels in Star Fox 64.
Former player
So why are you asking us for help then?
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
scooty wrote:
maybe the author working on this project could toss out a little WiP no matter how short? we like to have something to look at once in a while besides offtopic tripleposts =P
well, alright. This one will take the red line route, Corneria>Sector Y>Aquas>Zoness>MacBeth>Area 6>Venom. It looks like in the future Vidar and I will co-author this, since the red route has been proven to net a higher score than the other route. (Sector Y and Aquas were the big questions due to their real time normal low scores.) Slippy was killed off to manipulate the number of enemies spawned in Meteo; it's unknown how it'll affect Sector Y, but it is known that the killing of teammates does increase enemy spawns. Of important note: I have not touched this for a long time, and I probably will not touch again for a long time, not until MK64 is nearing completion. I really have to manage how many projects I work on at the same time. this probably applies to Vidar as well. We found nangosan who's been doing some TASes of individual levels. His work isn't 100% optimal, but for those wanting to see some more StarFox TAS, his 3 vids are pretty cool (Aquas especially with a new technique, Area 6 with nearly hitting everything, and good route in Sector Y.)
Homepage ☣ Retired
Former player
That's right, "Y", the japanese guy has also reached his goal and broken the 3000 hits barrier for his high score run.... simply insane. Remember that you can find all the best SF64 videos, console and tool-assisted here: http://www.superplayers.de/other/StarFox64/ I would like to do a run or individual level runs on expert mode, but for now I am just too lazy to play through all 15 planets in normal mode first on mupen to unlock the expert mode ;) .
.:| www.superplayers.de |:.
Former player
Nangosan improved his Sector Y score by more than 50 points and did an amazing 549 hits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG-5qVw8-Vo He also did 377 hits on Corneria (on expert) as you can see at the start of the video. Let us all hope he will continue with this perfection and do a full high score run.
.:| www.superplayers.de |:.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I'm a bit against using deaths like that to get a higher score. Just my two cents.
I actually thought it was clever. VVVVVV- Restock of bombs and more enemies than possible without the checkpoint death.
Are we talking deaths as in restarts at checkpoints for restock of bombs etc, or Falcos 'death'?
They are talking about death for restock. I actually did this all the time when I played it on a console and so don't have a problem with it. I am also fine with restarting a level after beating it if it means having more optimal equipment the second time.
This signature is much better than its previous version.
No more from nangosan? aw, I was hoping he'd take a stab at Zoness... oh well. His recent Sector Y vid was done on expert, so that can't help us as much as his normal vid. and he's still missing enemies. About the whole death/checkpoint stuff.... the TAS will take damage to increase score (for sector Y and noticeably for Aquas) but there will not be any deaths. They are anti-climactic, not as entertaining, and sort of "cheating" by utilizing respawns of enemies and bombs. Think of it this way: Fox is the greatest pilot in the galaxy, does he need to cheat a little to get a highest score as possible by using death? no, he gets the highest score in one fell swoop, because he's that hardcore and it looks smoother, like he can weave through thousands of enemies, amass a high score, and not die in the process. Slippy, Falco and Peppy provide solid objects to CUS against in Sector Y, which is very helpful because it's a level in space and sometimes you need solid objects, besides enemies to CUS off of. So I'm thinking maybe killing Slippy in Corneria is NOT such a hot idea. I don't remember off the top of my head if there's any enemies that chase after him like in Meteo, that would provide more enemy spawns if he's not around. Anyone want to confirm?
Homepage ☣ Retired
Player (34)
comicalflop wrote:
but there will not be any deaths.
Sector Y will require a checkpoint restart.
我々を待ち受けなさい。
well then, wouldn't every level use a checkpoint restart then for respawns of enemies? or maybe I'm missing something. Oh well, you're the boss m'lady!
Homepage ☣ Retired
1 2
10 11 12
17 18