Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
RCR is one of those classic lame overly rated games with a couple of minor memorable things. Firstly there is too much travelling not enough fighting and the fighting itself is lame comared to the likes of Double Dragon, Final Fight and Streets of Rage. While this movie is twice as slow as the current one I certainly wasn't twice as entertained infact compared to the current one I was less entertained. I would have given the other one a 5 for entertainment but this one gets a 3 from me. The additional glitches were horrible and the game lags far more. Mortal Kombat shows off various stuff and cool quirks and does not blantantly and needslessly waste time This movie is nothing more than a pride movie playing for ego so 'no' vote.
Former player
I'm changing my vote to no because the authors are a bunch of douchebags who just play for ego and this is a pride movie and fuck that. Edit: Oh and did anyone notice they waste time needslessly everywhere? wtf is up with these guys, it's pretty blantant too.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
Former player
Voting Yes. This should obsolete every movie on the site, ever, and we should shut down the submission queue after this.
AKA wrote:
This movie is nothing more than a pride movie playing for ego so 'no' vote.
You are a cancer.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Banned User, Former player
Zurreco wrote:
Voting Yes. This should obsolete every movie on the site, ever, and we should shut down the submission queue after this.
AKA wrote:
You are a cancer.
I love you. But not in that touchy-feely, gay way.
Perma-banned
Editor, Experienced player (730)
Zurreco wrote:
AKA wrote:
You are a cancer.
Then I wonder what that makes you, as generally you uphold that definition the most among any of the members here.
Homepage ☣ Retired
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
Comicalflop wrote:
Zurreco wrote:
AKA wrote:
You are a cancer.
Then I wonder what that makes you, as generally you uphold that definition the most among any of the members here.
Zurreco has redeeming qualities like intelligence, comedy, speaking truth to power, helping to improve the community of this site when possible. He also makes runs on games that he thinks are quirky and underrated, and would like. AKA, on the other hand, I haven't seen make a run on a game that he didn't think was popular, and a sure-way to get the run published, even though he's been wrong a few times. AKA also tends to complain about other runs for a variety of bizarre reasons, act mean for no reason whatsoever, and whine when he isn't getting enough attention. Also, I haven't seen him exhibit any of the redeeming qualities I listed for Zurreco.
AKA wrote:
A pride movie is a movie that the author believes is sure to be published and bring positive attention to him/her, like "Oh, you did Super Mario 1-star, you're so awesome!!!!". This movie is a movie that is less-likely than normal to be published, may bring significant negative attention to the authors whether or not it's published, and if published will serve only to entertain people, rather than show off how much better they are at TASing than the prior authors. So basically, this movie is the exact opposite of a pride movie.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Former player
Comicalflop wrote:
Zurreco wrote:
AKA wrote:
You are a cancer.
Of these two, I'm pretty sure I know who's much more liked by the community overall. It's a bummer we can't make polls.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Zurreco wrote:
AKA wrote:
You are a cancer.
How low can you and other JXQ assosiates go...
upthorn
He/Him
Just to clarify, Zurreco is not a JXQ associate. There is a list, which he is not in.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Former player
AKA wrote:
How low can you and other JXQ assosiates go...
I thought it was pretty obvious that JXQ and I are fairly nonplussed with eachother. It's hard to associate with people you find fairly boring (in both directions). And I stand by my secondary claim still.
Calm down, dear. </Michael Winner> You have to admit, you are pretty annoying.
Voted NO for NO reason
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Zurreco, I fully admit that I was wrong in terms of what I've said. So I apoligize for that. I have decided to make amends by giving you a lameness graph. I've started you at 65%, the more lame you become the more your energy bar increases. Try to become less lame and land a KO.
AKA, are you serious?
Enough is enough man. Let it go.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
Former player
This thread is stupid.
Former player
That's pretty weak, to be honest. I'd expect more out of someone who puts more effort in to imagining a convoluted rating system than basic prose. On the plus side, Michel de Montaigne asserts that sex with the lame is the best kind of sex imaginable. Looks like things are turning up Zurreco!
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
I think a pride movie is really a movie that goes against the goals of tasvideos, and is really just a "hey, I made a movie!" sort of deal. A good speedrun is not a pride movie. Making a playaround and saying it should obsolete the current speedrun is.
Former player
Chamale wrote:
I think a pride movie is really a movie that goes against the goals of tasvideos, and is really just a "hey, I made a movie!" sort of deal. A good speedrun is not a pride movie. Making a playaround and saying it should obsolete the current speedrun is.
I don't really agree with your definition, but I'm willing to let it slide. Now let's go over this point by point. 1. This movie goes against the goals of tasvideos. Verdict: False 2. This is just a "hey, I made a movie!" sort of deal. Verdict: False 3. A good speedrun is not a pride movie. Verdict: True/False, doesn't matter. Plus it's a general statement anyway, so..? 4. Making a playaround and saying it should obsolete the current speedrun is a pride movie. Verdict: False. 'fraid you're 0 for 4 there buddy, even using your definition. Ooops.
Player (147)
I don't see the point of this discussion, given the fact that we already have a pride movie published.
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Former player
Oh no, don't pick on me! Oh wait, I get it. He he he clever!
upthorn
He/Him
AKA wrote:
I think there are some people are still waiting for some sort of justification to be provided for this statement.