1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Is the microstorage fileserver down? I can't seem to get the WIP. Your previous WIP looks excellent, by the way.
Reviewer, Active player (277)
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/134712967/arkiandruski-gunstar-wip.gmv Smash is possibly the only boss for whom it matters where the fight stops.
Senior Moderator
Will the gunstars reach the Yellow release cutscene if both of them will be as close to the right side of the screen as possible?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Really, the game takes over at that point. They start walking over when they're near the left side no matter where they started.
Senior Moderator
So, in other words, the time between the last hit and the moment they arrive at the ransom scene would be the same no matter where the gunstars start?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
I think so. Yes.
Hey, just saw your latest WIP. It's great, but there is one big mistake you made. At the last set of boxes in the fifth stage (it's 4 boxes on top of each other), you could have high-jumped (up+c) over the boxes after you eliminated one. Yes, I made this mistake in my run too.
Thanks. Fixing it now.
tada Barring any other mistakes, this will be my last public wip.
Player (147)
I look forward to the final product.
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Banned User
I've been starting to make a movie of Gunstar Heroes (single player). And this is what I have done (so far). http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1586401550/Gunstar% 20Heroes.gmv And I would know that it seems.
I haven't watched your WIP, but you should be aware that we had a 1P run of Gunstar Heroes published before, but it got obsoleted by the 2P run. You should compare your efforts against that run to ensure that you're faster than it is.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Banned User
My intention is not to exceed the previous 2P. My intention is to publish it as an exception TasVideos and would help me in this. And besides, the movie published in 1P, the playing on Normal, mine is played on Expert.
Well, good luck. I'd still recommend checking out the existing runs for movement techniques and the like.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Banned User
Here is the progress I've made from Gunstar Heroes: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1613287953/Gunstar%20Heroes.gmv I know like this. because if not, I can improve it.
Okay, I watched your movie, and if you're really serious about this, you need to do a little more research and take a lot more time. 444 rerecords is not enough for a movie of that length, especially in a game like this. The goal of a TAS is not just to get to the end while looking basically good, it's to be as fast or as entertaining as possible. That's going to take more work than what you are putting in. For research make sure you watch the runs already available, as well as listen to the commentary I posted on mine. The link is in the forum and it has good information that's not available through just watching my run. Also read the entire 2p expert thread, where I was posting the WIPs for my run. As for specifics of the run itself. You need to optimize movements a bit more. If an enemy is about to block your path, shoot it out of the way, for example. Make sure that on bosses, you have the gun damaging them on every single frame, or at least every single frame possible. There were lulls in many boss fights that were not necessary. You also take damage much more often than you need to, and there were many times where the damage you took wasted time. Gunstar Heroes is a game where slightly different actions can change your luck a lot. In other words, you should not have had to wait as long at the first bird to get the upgrade you wanted. Bravoo Man should be body attacked. Any time when you can body attack a boss, you should. It does much more damage than the guns and more than make up for the few dead frames. Halfway through the Pink battle, you start hanging from the cab and that's obviously a much better choice. I I were you, I would have gone back to the beginning of the fight and seen if I couldn't just do it the entire fight (also, try testing body attacks) The last enemy on the first train can be killed before the train returns. You would know this if you had been watching my run carefully. Because of the gun mechanics, there is no reason why any of the Seven Force battles should take longer than the ones in my run. Yet a few of them do. Again, the answer lies in always having the gun pointed at the enemy. On a couple of the forms, you use flame, which only does 3 damage a frame, which means that it's suboptimal. The phantom in Orange's stage can be body attacked. In the smash fight, you neglect to body attack him right before he flashes. That could have saved many frames. Whenever you get a chance to throw Orange from the air, use the drop glitch. Don't actually throw him. That's slower. Also, take advantage of the animations where you can body attack him. Watch his health, you should have been standing inside him for that last throw so you could get him on the first frame possible. Try body attacking that gun in Black's stage. Also, you might want to rethink the guns you use on each boss. For example, the best gun for Papaya Dance is probably double flame. Bravoo Man may be flame chaser or double force if you can haggle it. Pink is probably the flame saber or flame chaser. For Seven Force, I would go double force all the way. Keep in mind that there is a good chance this run may be rejected, especially if it doesn't add anything new or beat the currently published run.
Banned User
Thanks for the information. I think I need to know more about the creation of a Movies. There is the de-accelerators and save state. There is another tool to help? Also I have only 1 hour a day to progress and not much time. But I will make this movie for my personal use. Ah! A doubt. Since the launch I can do without throwing?
Banned User
Ready! Playing Time: 37min. 7.4 s Rerecord count: 1535 These are the final data. But i, something that would improve of the movie. As I can improve some of the beginning of the movie?
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
My suggestion is that you open two copies of Gens, enable "run in background" and "accept background input" and compare it frame-for-frame with Jackic's 1-player run. I hate to be critical, but 1535 re-records for a 37 minute movie is REALLY low.
Previous Name: boct1584
Banned User
Back to retry this project for possible publication. How should I know, I have a project Gunstar Heroes 1P and planned to start on Hard difficulty as there is no obligation to play on EXPERT. What do they say about it?
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
There is already a 2P hardexpert mode publication, and 2P movies are preferred over 1P movies, so if you want your gunstar heroes run published, it's best if you do a 2 player improvement.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
I'd say that in this case expert is the best choice since it does add to entertainment, unlike some other games. Upthorn: my run is on expert.
Banned User
I have prepared a TAS Gunstar Heroes 1P On Hard difficulty. I don't care if it not is well done, as this is an achievement personal.
Banned User
Why don't you want to see the movie? I have movie almost completed.
Skilled player (1308)
Well, I was taking a very brief look at this game after searching for new projects to do after my Fantasy Zone run was finished, and I think I might have found a new way of movement. I dont know much of the game & its mechanics, so i'll just throw this out here & move on probably. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1162122489/Gunstar%20Heroes%20TAS.gmv
1 2 3 4 5 6 7