1 2 3 4 5 6
9 10
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
sad news: I cheated the platform's X and Y values to perfectly align with the door, and it still won't open :( I'll try beating the bosses and try it again but I don't think it'll work platform X: 0215088D platform Y: 02150891 edit: doesn't work even after bosses :(
Sounds to me like there's an event trigger required to activate the door then. It might even be "platform's Y position changes from N to N + 1", in which case you're completely hosed.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
if anyone cares here's my boss fight movie http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/356853910/Stage%201%20Boss%20706%20frames.dsm it doesn't start from SRAM though and it takes forever to actually get to the fight…
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
so Moth, when are you starting? :)
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Right now. Don't have much time to work on it this week, though, so don't expect a WIP very soon.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
Mind if i join dude :)?
Noxxa
They/Them
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1812807699/MegaManZX.dsm First WIP of the Mega Man ZX TAS. Contains Area A section, Pass the Test mission and Locate Giro mission. YouTube here
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
mhm, I think I'll test one or two things to see if the first level is improvable have you found the speed address?
Noxxa
They/Them
Where do you think it's improvable? X speed should pretty much be a constant +3.5px/frame there with no slowdowns at all, barring a few places. Anyway, here's the list of RAM addresses I (currently) use:
0214FBA4 - player invincibility
0214FB65 - x
0214FB69 - y
0214FB6C - x speed
0214FB70 - y speed
0214FC38 - charge 1
0214FC39 - charge 2
021510AA - boss hp
0215109C - boss invincibility
0214FC30 - dash length
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
I don't understand how that speed works… is X supposed to be 896 dashing to the right and -896 dashing to the left? Y seems to be jumping all over the place I would sound stupid if my ideas wouldn't work so I'll just test them myself
Noxxa
They/Them
ALAKTORN wrote:
I don't understand how that speed works… is X supposed to be 896 dashing to the right and -896 dashing to the left?[/url]
Yes. 896 subpixels/frame = 896/256=3.5 pixels/frame, left is negative speed (subpixels subtracted from x) and right is positive speed (subpixels added to x).
ALAKTORN wrote:
Y seems to be jumping all over the place
Do you mean Y or Y speed? Be sure to watch Y as a 2-byte value, otherwise if it's near 256/512/768 etc. it'll fly around between the highest and lowest values. As far as Y speed goes, if I move upwards it's negative, if I release the button and fall down it's positive.
ALAKTORN wrote:
I would sound stupid if my ideas wouldn't work so I'll just test them myself
I am interested to know what your ideas are, though.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
my ideas failed, nice job so far ;)
Skilled player (1307)
Wow, Nice work Mothrayas! Howcome you pick Aile instead of Vent though at the begining?
Aile crawls faster than Vent does, if nothing else. I think she also recoils more when hit, but that's not generally much of an issue.
Noxxa
They/Them
WIP 2: up to entrance to Area E Rolanmen1 did Area D last night, so I finished it up to the entrance of Area E to post a WIP here. The WIP is pretty short this time, spanning only Area D as a true stage/mission. YouTube
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
gah, looking at it doesn't feel optimized, but I know it is :S keep it up
Noxxa
They/Them
WIP 3: up to entrance of Area F There, Area E and G are done. I found a way to destroy enemies without time loss as HX using the electric orb attack; this saves quite a bit of time since we don't need to necessarily avoid all enemies or slash them anymore. YouTube
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
loved the drops manipulation with HX :)
...you just killed the model F boss in four hits. O_o Looking good!
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Derakon wrote:
...you just killed the model F boss in four hits. O_o
that's old news :P
Noxxa
They/Them
Technically that's five hits, the electric orb hits Fistleo one frame before the first slash does, and then a triple slash follows.
are you gonna put that area O sequence break from yt to any use?
Noxxa
They/Them
Nope, I don't think it's possible to fight Prometheus & Pandora there without the mission activated, and aside from that it's just a useless waste of time to go there. EDIT: Ran some tests, the only things it can be useful for is getting the O2 transerver early and skipping a short dialogue scene, but it takes two unnecessary transerver warps and entering the otherwise not used O2 transerver room and therefore isn't worth doing.
Noxxa
They/Them
WIP 4 done: this covers Area F, Area I and the intermission (Prometheus). DSM file YouTube
Former player
Okay I'm having a question. Was Model HX Corner Boost Trick used in this TAS or It only works at special circumstances/will be slower that way? anyway nice work.
1 2 3 4 5 6
9 10