1 2
11 12 13 14
I'm too used to Snes9x 1.43, i think that's the reason. Btw, is there any place where i can download this different versions changed by gotcha? I tried some links, but they seem to be broken.
arflech
He/Him
yay my new CPU is fast enough to run DeSmuME at full speed
i imgur com/QiCaaH8 png
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Since the listed download links for the older (before 0.9.6) versions of DeSmuME are broken, and gocha is nowhere to be found, I'll post a few old versions I have: http://tasvideos-moviefiles.googlecode.com/files/DeSmuME_old.zip In particular, the svn2881 version of DeSmuME 0.9.4+ has the "Fix ARM Cycle Count" and the "Fast Fetch-Execute" stuff that allows you to play back movies such as Tetris DS.
Has anyone been able to get Tetris Party Deluxe to run? i just get a black screen. I'm using the Windows x64 build of 1.9.7.
Skilled player (1706)
Hello! I found a lua related bug. I wrote a primitive lua script for my Dementium WIP, but for some reason, lua seems to cause lag that desyncs the movie. The version I'm using is DeSmuME_0.9.7 and this is the script:
Language: lua

while true do local y = memory.readwordunsigned(0x020DCB14) -- Stylus Vertical local x = memory.readwordunsigned(0x020DCB0C) -- Stylus Horizontal local h = memory.readbytesigned(0x02261831) -- Health if h > 7 then gui.line(0, y/8 - 1,255, y/8 - 1, "green") gui.line(x/8 -1,0,x/8 -1,192,"green") else if h <= 4 then gui.line(0, y/8 - 1,255, y/8 - 1, "red") gui.line(x/8 -1,0,x/8 -1,192,"red") else gui.line(0, y/8 - 1,255, y/8 - 1, "yellow") gui.line(x/8 -1,0,x/8 -1,192,"yellow") end end emu.frameadvance() end
Editor, Expert player (2313)
http://tasvideos.org/LuaScripting/Registers.html while true do- loops don't work in Desmume yet. Try other registers.
Skilled player (1706)
MUGG wrote:
http://tasvideos.org/LuaScripting/Registers.html while true do- loops don't work in Desmume yet. Try other registers.
Thanks!
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I'm having a savestate problem. I'm working on JezzballDS and when I load a savestate from frame 365, the earliest I can press A to build a wall is frame 408. However, when I load a savestate from frame 404, the earliest I can press A to build a wall is frame 409 (nothing happens on 408; it's like a lag frame is added in but the lag counter doesn't advance). I tried loading a savestate on frame 406, and nothing happened when I pressed A on 408 or 409, but not until 410, as if there were two invisible lag frames added in. Why is it doing this?
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Are you using lua scripts?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Nope, just frame advance and savestates.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
is it possible to TAS the microphone? if it is I don’t get how in hotkey config there’s a Microphone key, but holding it down gives me less boost than what I can get on my real DS…
I can't get video playback to work in Linux. Is this a known issue? With assertions enabled, I get: desmume: NDSSystem.cpp:2543: UserInput& NDS_getProcessingUserInput(): Assertion `validToProcessInput' failed. With them disabled, it just doesn't play. Any suggestions/patches/whatever?
Post subject: DeSmuME 0.9.8 released
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
DeSmuME 0.9.8 released more details at desmume.org
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
I can't see the red cross if I touched the screen in version 0.9.8 while Display Input is on. The Green one still appears. What happend? Is it removed or is there an extra option for it? I really like this feature.
Editor, Emulator Coder
fixed in r4269. there havent been any timing changes since the 0.9.8 release, so feel free to use this svn version if you want for tasing and just verify the results in 0.9.8. this really isnt the primarily place in 2012 for talking about general desmume bugs. youre lucky i caught it.
Senior Moderator
The first post clearly says: "please discuss any issue you have with the rerecording version here". Where else do you expect them to be discussed?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Editor, Emulator Coder
the first post is 3 years old and hasnt even been edited to be up to date. the part that says 'please discuss any issue you have with the rerecording version here' is clearly marked as old junk. this is a suggestion that it may be out of date. since there isnt even an independent rerecording version, anything referencing a rerecording version is a suggestion that it may be out of date. and finally, ill give you one guess where me or anyone else would expect desmume issues to be discussed. i think if youre honest youll only need one guess.
Senior Moderator
First of all, you have moderator privileges on this board so you can edit posts. Or you can tell adelikat to do that instead of vague hinting. But if all active developers know about this thread, have accounts here, and the forum's subscription system is still working, I don't know why you expect people to go out of their way and register someplace else just to ask a question or report an issue in the first place.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Editor, Emulator Coder
I dont expect people to go out of their way at all, since usually their problems are minor and they don't care much. I expect people to spend more energy working on a solution if the issue is important to them, and that includes registrations and postings some other way. SuperMario12 was lucky, as I said, for getting a solution without that much investment.
Senior Moderator
Why do you insist on making things harder?
Warp wrote:
Editor, Emulator Coder
because it makes things easier for me
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
when will the first post be updated with v0.9.8?
Post subject: DeSmuME 0.9.8+
gocha
Any
Emulator Coder, Former player
I made a build of 0.9.8 r4334. http://gocha.is.land.to/down/desmume/desmume_0.9.8_r4334.7z (not PGOed) Notable Changes
  • add Toggle Stylus Jitter hotkey (default:off)
  • Fix desync issue (which also exists in 0.9.7 or earlier) by resetting firmware at the beginning of movie play/record, and add firmware to savestate. (if you don't need this fix for some reasons, use r4333 instead)
  • Fix stylus line HUD
  • Fix memory view crash
  • Lua - fix memory.readbyterange function
The desync issue reported by pirohiko is already solved, yay.
I am usually available on Discord server or Twitter.
gocha
Any
Emulator Coder, Former player
I made a build of 0.9.7 r4382 and 0.9.8 r4389. http://gocha.is.land.to/down/desmume/desmume_0.9.7_r4382.7z (not PGOed) http://gocha.is.land.to/down/desmume/desmume_0.9.8_r4389.7z (not PGOed) Changes
  • Fix ARM9 intrWaitARM_state save/load (savestate fix)
  • 0.9.8: fix line hack regression (fix pixel poly)
I think this version will fix the false lag frames bug. Do not load old savestates if TASing, please remake it with the new version.
I am usually available on Discord server or Twitter.
I'm not sure if it is related but I had a lua script that would prompt me for input in the middle of the frame (using memory registers). I noticed that under certain conditions, the emulator would consider the frame finished part way through and make it a lag frame. It would resync to where it should be on the next frame. This caused problems when I need to inject values into the cpu registers (mainly arm9) for RNG research. I'm not sure about what causes it but I think it happens when the frame is stalled for too long (or stalled too many times) under certain internal conditions (I couldn't reproduce it on every frame).
1 2
11 12 13 14