1 2
11 12 13
20 21
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
woabclf Here are VISUAL checkpoints (4 white spots). http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/feos-theos/Battletoads-Level09-TerraTubes-CHECKPOINTS.png But the game detects the way you go, so for example I can't pass some places successfully as well as technically. Now trying the last way I have in mind. EDIT: Shit! Everything fails!!! The damned level needs the exact passing as it looks, all other ways fail to spawn checkpoints & enemies!
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Active player (295)
feos wrote:
woabclf Here are VISUAL checkpoints (4 white spots). http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/feos-theos/Battletoads-Level09-TerraTubes-CHECKPOINTS.png But the game detects the way you go, so for example I can't pass some places successfully as well as technically. Now trying the last way I have in mind.
Great pic ! Have gear location Unlikely to succeed Obstacle Use a stick to destroy There will be a checkpoint?
woabclf wrote:
Only three regions is possible: The second is to see the gear in the water
movie content Is a shortcut http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1453896944/Battletoads%202P2.fm2
Evem if i get out of bounds (L+R, both players) at the pre-last propellers (after the last gear) and fall down between 2 areas to make the 1st duck appear, then go right & swim normally, so that the last duck appears too, the touched END checkpoint isn't activated. Will experiment with this one tomorrow more. EDIT: The only way to activate the END is to keep one toad's Z unshifted. But this shortcut hardly saves time as it takes much time also. Some day I'll compare both optimized this path and normal path of this place. Link to video
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
The WARP glitch has been improved by 00:25.80. Thanks to all for participating! No encode is provided now, and until the run is submitted.
Post subject: Re: Success!
Active player (295)
feos wrote:
The WARP glitch has been improved by 00:25.80. Thanks to all for participating! No encode is provided now, and until the run is submitted.
Wip?
Obviously no WIP as well, you'll see everything when I submit it.
Skilled player (1307)
Congrats feos! I look foward to the submitted run. :)
Active player (295)
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=0kut9cm8fddwn54&thumb=4 The most suitable place The second ducks place Can use the float glitch ?
What exactly you mean?
Active player (295)
feos wrote:
What exactly you mean?
From the left run out Glitch~
It misses the checkpoint.
Active player (295)
feos wrote:
It misses the checkpoint.
This place has been through checkpoints a lot of distance Your movies more behind the run Link to video
Active player (277)
Hey everyone, I just discovered this comment on... THE INTERNET:
That is bullshit. Me and a friend beat clinger winger. The thing is, player 1 starts with a disadvantage, since his winger is closer to the giant thing chasing you. It pretty much means you have to perfect the level to pass it in 2 players. Its not really a glitch.
Can anyone who's good at this game check if there's any truth to this? I would hate to think we just assumed that level was impossible.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
In (U) ROM players have separate timers on their Clinger Wingers. For Player 1 the address is $0466, for Player 2 it's $0467 in RAM. Timer starts counting from 0 when respective toad takes his Clinger Winger. When any timer hits 160, respective player gains the ability to control his vehicle, and the race begins. What they didn't test: the green toad (Rash, 1P) gets to his Clinger Winger 27 frames earlier than the yellow toad (Zitz, 2P), because 1P appears closer to his Clinger Winger. So after the race begins, 2P has to wait 27 frames before he gains contsols. Naturally he gets squashed. Fun fact: it he had to wait 2 frames less (25 instead of 27), he could get away successfully, because his Clinger Winger is located further from starting point. In (E) and (J) ROM they fixed the bug by leaving only one timer (at $0466). Also this timer starts counting from 0 right at the beginning of the level, and the race begins when the timer hits 251. Personally I think the first idea in (U) ROM was cool, it's like vehicle warmup of sorts. And in (E)/(J) versions it's just a performance show with scripted events.
Active player (277)
Ah, so it was probably just a version difference. Sorry that didn't occur to me.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
The level restart glitch also works in level 5, but does not in level 7. Link to video
Appeared to be possible with only 1 player. The published run is improvable.
Wow! Now I never knew that was even possible with 1 Player! That is awesome! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Banned User
Do you know how and why this works specifically?
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
Not yet.
Hey, someone told me I should post here about the Battletoads Disassembly at google code. I did a small amount of work, figuring out and annotating the code that decodes the text in the game. There's an thread on the nesdev forums with all the info. Just thought you might want to use it.
rainwarrior wrote:
Hey, someone told me I should post here about the Battletoads Disassembly at google code. I did a small amount of work, figuring out and annotating the code that decodes the text in the game. There's an thread on the nesdev forums with all the info. Just thought you might want to use it.
Oh hi! I can add you to contributors to actually take your part. We were basically transcribin the game logics (but the levels seem transcribed too), so you can add text and other graphics info and whatever. We use IDA 5.2.
OK. I'll e-mail you.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1889)
I've been working on a super optimized TAS of Battletoads 2p warps glitched. Currently it's 3451 frames long (39 frames shorter than #3710: TheZlomuS & DyLaX's NES Battletoads "Glitched" in 00:58.07) and still in progress. Demo is here. I would like to get feedback about what do you think of changing the background music without losing any frames. It would be implemented as "entertainment" factor. The trick is that making very rapid pauses (p1 start, next frame p2 start) enables you to skip a part of the background music and "cut" them. I recommend you to watch the original background music (temp encode by SpikeStuffs): Link to video Then watch mine from 2.1.4a for example (syncs for me). Notice Level 1 music from the begining (~1700 frame). Also the very beginning of level 2. Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Not having watched it I need to ask: You seem to improve the gameplay as well, is it right? I might help too if so.
1 2
11 12 13
20 21