Player (88)
I am happy to hear this is being worked on. Best of luck to you! Do you plan on using the same overall strategy as inichi used in his non glitched test run?
They're off to find the hero of the day...
keylie
He/Him
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2826)
Here is an encode up to Dragon Tank: Link to video I'm using Inichi's test run for all the little tricks and optimisations. However, the main route will be quite different due to the use of the fade-out glitch and save-anywhere glitch. For exemple, I had one or two less levels for the Dragon Tank compared to Inich (and two less Power Tabs as in the speedrun route), so I had to find another way into this fight, costing 2 seconds compared to Inichi. I'm still quite happy with this fight because of the optimised damage (HP 600/266/208; damage 605/270/214).
Editor, Player (68)
lsnes? I might be able to borrow this game to console verify.
true on twitch - lsnes windows builds 20230425 - the date this site is buried
keylie
He/Him
True wrote:
lsnes?
Bizhawk 1.5.3
True wrote:
I might be able to borrow this game to console verify.
Nice. If there is a way to convert input files from Bizhawk to lsnes, I can get it synced on lsnes.
Editor, Player (68)
keylie wrote:
True wrote:
lsnes?
Bizhawk 1.5.3
True wrote:
I might be able to borrow this game to console verify.
Nice. If there is a way to convert input files from Bizhawk to lsnes, I can get it synced on lsnes.
I am asking Ilari, but I could probably dump the input data from Bizhawk anyway (maybe?)
keylie
He/Him
Second WIP: Link to video I'm still unsure if I should take the red katana or not. It costs some time to talk to Melchior because of extra dialogues, but then it raises my attack for Masamune, Nizbel and Slash.
Editor, Player (68)
edit: nevermind, maybe you do know better since you do it at some points
keylie
He/Him
True wrote:
edit: nevermind, maybe you do know better since you do it at some points
Yeah ? Here is the third WIP with Masamune and Nizbel. Link to video Using the berserker on Crono for the Masa & Mune fight needed some RNG manipulation so that he's attacking the right target. I'm not very happy with Masamune fight because he has the chance to attack three times. The manipulation of the evil weevil to dig a hole at the right place is like the acid/alkaline fight: the moment you enter the room determines which one will dig and when, and it has a perdiodicity of 60 frames. I ended up to wait for 52 frames :( so I took that time to reorganise my item list to optimise the cursor movements until the end (I may change the order later, it should not make desyncs). I'm happy with the Nizbel fight because Lucca was low on MP, I couldn't do 4 Fire, so I did one Flame throw instead of one Fire, dealing less damage. Fortunately, I could barely kill Nizbel before its second electical release (the damage done was equal to the HP number).
keylie
He/Him
Fourth WIP: Link to video
keylie
He/Him
Fifth WIP: Link to video Tyranno was sooooooo long :( Also, I had to farm for one whole minute to learn Spincut, Rolo kick, Flame kick and Fire sword.
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (775)
keylie wrote:
Fifth WIP: Link to video Tyranno was sooooooo long :( Also, I had to farm for one whole minute to learn Spincut, Rolo kick, Flame kick and Fire sword.
There are 10 minutes of farming around here in Saturn's 100% run. :P
keylie
He/Him
I'm really close to the end, but I have to face the elixir glitch now. This glitch allows you to insta-kill the last two bosses, by glitching the menu with the help of the GreenDream (auto-revive once). Sometimes, when the entire party is wiped out and the character with the GreenDream is revived, the command menu is glitched and it allows you to launch an elixir at the enemy and kill him (probably an overflow glitch). However, it is not known what are the conditions to trigger this glitch. Inichi, who discovered the glitch, only says it triggers when "two RNG conditions are met". It is sensible to the battle RNG, the equipment and even the timing of commands during the fight. I'm trying to disassemble the game to find how it works, but I have very little experience of this so it's really tedious. So if some people would like to help, I'm providing savestates before a fight with the glitch. You can see if the glitch is working when the character with the GreenDream (here Crono) lies down for a few frames after being revived. I think this glitch has to do with the game considering it's a gameover and starting appropriate routines, before it realizes that Crono has to be revived. That's why I'm also providing a gameover outcome savestate. Glitch happening: User movie #13715645762272053 Glitch not happening due to changing the battle RNG: User movie #13715684510794266 Glitch not happening due to removing Ayla's armor (!): User movie #13715712519445572 Gameover by removing Crono's GreenDream: User movie #13715735465747366 I've identified a few functions: 0xc141be - 0xc14211: Check for negative HP after damage, and set a death flag. This is a different routine that the one that computes the remaining HP after damage and modifies the HP values accordingly. 0xc1414e - 0xc1416a: If death flag of char 1 is set, clear it and call 0xc11c4a 0xc1416d - 0xc1418b: same for char 2 0xc1418e - 0xc141ac: same for char 3 0xc11c4a is called a fourth time when Crono is revived. I didn't go that much further :(
Player (48)
I can't watch those movie files now. My note says: 0x7e968c must be 1. 0x7e06db must be 0. Also, 0x7e0027 may be related to the glitch. I hope that it helps. Very impressed work, btw. Good luck on the final battles.
keylie
He/Him
Thanks a lot Inichi for those values. Here is the sixth WIP: Link to video
keylie
He/Him
The TAS is finally over! I'm gonna work on an overlay like pirohiko did on ff4. Inichi will be in the author list if he's ok with it. His WIP was so helpful in all the little optimisations that I would have taken at least twice as much time as if I were to start from scratch.
Editor, Player (68)
I wish I had the game to console verify. WIPs looked good; great work. Will be nice to watch again as a finished product.
Player (48)
Congrats, Keylie. As for the co-author suggestion, well, actually, I just lurked while you were working on your run. If you just refer to my WIP in your submission text, that's good enough for me. I'm really looking forward to watch Lavos Shell skip and the final battles.
keylie
He/Him
Last WIP: Link to video Final time: 2:17:22
Fortranm
He/Him
Congratulation! Just curious, why do you choose to fight Lavos after enter 12000BC for the first time and finish Fiona side quest?
keylie
He/Him
I need to get the GreenDream from Fiona's quest to kill the two last forms of Lavos.
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
ETA to publication available?
keylie
He/Him
creaothceann wrote:
ETA to publication available?
About one week from now.
Skilled player (1705)
I know this has nothing to do with the TAS, but... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/Chronotrigger
Difficult but not impossible: defeating Lavos solo using a mop. Before Crono has any idea what Lavos is. Not so scary now, are you?
How exactly does this work? I can't seem to find a video of this. :o
Fortranm
He/Him
jlun2 wrote:
I know this has nothing to do with the TAS, but... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Funny/Chronotrigger
Difficult but not impossible: defeating Lavos solo using a mop. Before Crono has any idea what Lavos is. Not so scary now, are you?
How exactly does this work? I can't seem to find a video of this. :o
If the "mop" is referring to Crono's hair... then this is what it's talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxHiba-sQCY Crono's duel with Lavos is only possible in New Game +.
The Mop is apparently a joke weapon for Crono. But in NG+ you'll do most of your damage against the first two forms via Luminaire spam, which doesn't care about your weapon strength. Weakening the damage output of Confuse against the third form would make it drag on a bit, but that boss is more of a puzzle boss than a damage race anyway.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.