Post subject: Mario bros TAS with Guest?
I am doing a TAS of the original Mario bros with one of my friends who doesn't have an account how here is it possible to do that?
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
What do you mean? TAS in multiplayer?
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
I assume NetPlay Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
no I mean 2 player co op on the original Mario bros 10 phases
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Spikestuff
They/Them
I too was talking about the original and I was showing an example of what netplay was and the only thing I could think of what you are talking about. You are not explaining yourself properly and clearly. Edit: If you're talking about local then you just bind 2 controllers or different keys on your keyboard.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Dimon12321 wrote:
What do you mean? TAS in multiplayer?
yes but local
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
yes but what imean is can I add the other players that don't have accounts that im TASing with?
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Spikestuff
They/Them
That doesn't matter. There are users who aren't apart of TASVideos who have done Co-op and had their nickname submitted with it. Also use your edit! That was two posts for the amount of just one.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
ok thanks that's what I wanted to know
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Spikestuff
They/Them
Also I assume you're using the NTSC version and I'm letting you know now it's 18 Phases not 10.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
For TASes with multiple authors, usually everyone works on a stage and then the fastest one is taken. You can share the input files via e-mail, or hand him the file on a usb-stick, if he doesn't have a e-mail and lives somewhere near you.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Spikestuff wrote:
Also I assume you're using the NTSC version and I'm letting you know now it's 18 Phases not 10.
actually mine rom has the label (World) on it is that NTSC?
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Spikestuff
They/Them
Yes.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
its actually done now although 5 phase only due to time being Link to video
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
sorry my edit is really buggy so where I typed I posted it in the userfiles it ended up in the video link
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Editor, Expert player (2001)
kusoman wrote:
sorry my edit is really buggy so where I typed I posted it in the userfiles it ended up in the video link
What's stopping you from editing it again?
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Spikestuff
They/Them
Firstly, why aren't you discussing here about Mario Bros. stuff. Kusoman's userfile
kusoman wrote:
pretty well done TAS I did this TAS with a friend (who doesn't have an account so is a guest) pretty fun to make too Rerecord Count: 77 ROM Filename: Mario Bros. (World).nes now that I finished this TAS I can continue with my Mega Man & and Bass GBA TAS
I wouldn't say that this was a "Well Done" TAS as it's quite terrible. You're not even finished...
Spikestuff wrote:
...I'm letting you know now it's 18 Phases.
Now, I don't have my current TAS on me because I left that at another house... but I have provided my first revision of this game so I'll be looking at that for everything except for the "Test Your Skill" phase because I was lucky enough to provide myself a video for that. Takes a look at the input God dammit... you're using Bizhawk. The first frame you can hit select in Bizhawk is frame 6. Your input loops around the menu when it shouldn't. You also fail to hit the start button right after pressing select. You should not be seeing the menu at frame 12. You fail to get the quick knock on every single final enemy. WHY ARE YOU HOLDING THE B BUTTON!? (Rhetorical Question) The B button does absolutely nothing in Mario Bros. By the time you START Phase 3. I finished Phase 3. Your planning for Phase 3 is terribly executed. You didn't use the only time saving glitch: Your time for the Test Your Skill is 8.1 remaining which means you wasted 11.9 seconds, when instead you used the glitch should be 14.2 Remaining which is a time spent of 5.8 seconds 432 frames was spent in there to save time. Do not waste your POW block. It's important to keep than destroy. Always hit the POW block twice NOT THRICE! I see Mario and Luigi starting Phase 6 at Frame 6873 on my first revision... 6796 Yours is at frame 8823. ALSO ontop of all that you stop recording at frame 8972 Your final input should be at frame 8560! I'm going to quote Mothrayas another TAS you did and got rejected.
Mothrayas wrote:
...This looks incredibly sloppy. You have rerecords to go back and fix these sort of mistakes - this is what you have to use them for.
Edit: Added current revision numbers.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
kusoman, do you ignore our posts? Or do you not understand them?
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Editor, Expert player (2001)
TASeditor wrote:
kusoman, do you ignore our posts? Or do you not understand them?
Selective reading, let's say.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
C'mon! They can't be THAT important, can they? No one is writing paying full attention to his words, so people can read what you write in whatever way they wish. Especially on this funny site. For example, that last post from Spikestuff. It's freaking obvious he was just thinking out loud, not expecting anyone to take actions basing on his words. Right, Spikestuff? I know it, that's all we use to do here! TODO: Learn not to tune sarcasm so low that people think you're an idiot.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/16967005361602255 http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/16966104252832376 http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/16957642771899106 I know im bad at this kind of game but I want somebody to judge these but theyre completely different games
ロックマンX7は? 私はそのクソゲームを憎む
Banned User, Former player
kusoman wrote:
I know im bad at this kind of game but I want somebody to judge these
The jury finds the defendant guilty as charged.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Kusoman, please re-read: #4381: kusoman's NES Super Mario Bros. "glitchless" in 06:00.99 #4394: kusoman's NES All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. in 04:59.62 #4404: kusoman's A2600 Vanguard in 06:32.75 + This post on your Mario Bros. in this Topic And to sound like a broken record I'm bringing up Moth's point again.
Mothrayas wrote:
...This looks incredibly sloppy. You have rerecords to go back and fix these sort of mistakes - this is what you have to use them for.
Please have a look at the TASing Guide. Especially this part. I would get myself a copy of MMX5 or MMX6 but we have (and yes I still was able to check your input): [1954] PSX Mega Man X5 by Bernka in 16:38.18 [1692] PSX Mega Man X6 by Rolanmen1 & FractalFusion in 25:34.02 To compare you with.
WebNations/Sabih wrote: