Post subject: Prince of Persia
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Well, the PCECD (or TG-16) version of Prince of Persia is similar to the Sega CD version, but the collision detection isn't the same and there are different glitches that motivated me to TAS: 1 - zaphod77 told me that it's possible to grab a ledge if you fall too far. 2 - Accidentally I found on GameFaqs, a ''Easy Exit Glitch'' (Contributed by ReyVGM): In any level, reach the closed exit gate and stand in front of it. Now, hit Select to open the menu, then choose "Game End" and then say "Yes". While the screen starts to fade out, you can enter the exit door without the need to open the exit switch! bk2 file (USA version): http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/41318877252625228 Encode (Only shows the stages): Link to video More important: I used ''Speed 1'' for most reason: The timer isn't affect no matter what speed you choose. Also, on several paths, I stop to adjust position. Otherwise, you can't bypass these guards. Addresses (for in-game time): 008A (seconds), 00BE (frames) EDIT: Since I aimed for in-game time, exiting stages 4, 5 & 10 could be more faster by pausing the game for some time. But unfortunately it costs a in-game frame. Also since the clock time of level 12 (c) only stops a bit later after defeats Jaffar, a possible improvement to finish the level much earlier is can't be implemented, because it adds more in-game time on the stage.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.