Turambar wrote:
I didn't try out the program, but judging from the earlier posts, the tool is made for Windows. Make the program cross-platform from the beginning.
I can't -_-
And of course you will release the source, won't you?
I will... If anyone will need sources of programm written in Delphi...
Editor, Skilled player (1941)
zefiris wrote:
Turambar wrote:
I didn't try out the program, but judging from the earlier posts, the tool is made for Windows. Make the program cross-platform from the beginning.
I can't -_-
Turambar wrote:
Just use universal libraries (there are even cross-platform libraries for creating guis).
Although it would help knowing which ones are the universal libraries.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (969)
I included this in the Tools section on the Downloads page here now, so you had better finish it and live up to your promises of supporting most movie formats. ;)
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
The components (buttons etc.) are sometimes not big enough to show the whole text. Example: "Frame number", "ADD", "DEL". Have you checked the program with large fonts (> 96 dpi)? Delphi 5 programs seem to have some issues with that, but I found a workaround...
Truncated wrote:
- Contents of window are not shown while dragging the scrolling bar.
That's unfortunately a limitation of the TStringGrid component (and one of the reasons why I use a generic TListView in my editor). Of course one can develop his own components, which also has its drawbacks... :|
Turambar wrote:
Make the program cross-platform from the beginning.
Do you know of a Linux compiler that can compile Delphi code? FreePascal claims that...
creaothceann wrote:
The components (buttons etc.) are sometimes not big enough to show the whole text. Example: "Frame number", "ADD", "DEL". Have you checked the program with large fonts (> 96 dpi)? Delphi 5 programs seem to have some issues with that, but I found a workaround...
Nope, I havent... "Frame number" caption will be cut to "Frame", "ADD" and "DEL" should fit their buttons
creaothceann wrote:
Truncated wrote:
- Contents of window are not shown while dragging the scrolling bar.
That's unfortunately a limitation of the TStringGrid component (and one of the reasons why I use a generic TListView in my editor). Of course one can develop his own components, which also has its drawbacks... :|
I don't feel like creating my own components as I am not any good with it...
creaothceann wrote:
Turambar wrote:
Make the program cross-platform from the beginning.
Do you know of a Linux compiler that can compile Delphi code? FreePascal claims that...
I remember someone mentioning Kilyx when we were speaking about Delphi and Linux... But still my program uses dll plugins, and afair it is windows-specific libraries. Right now I can't work on project as I have big problems with exams and recovery of data after death of my main HD. TASedit sources were saved ^^
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1301)
Does anybody still have the last version of this? The download link has expired.
I have `^__^ I am not currently working on this project... there are 2 reasons - I can't make it linux-compatible - Even in Windows it crashes often and I can not fix it That means that I have to rewrite it from scratch, perhaps without plugins... I can put this file somewhere if you want.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1301)
Yes, it would help to put it up somewhere even if it's the same as before, as the Downloads page tries to link to it. Include the source code, too, if you can.
Thanks to DK64_MASTER for hosting file https://webfiles.berkeley.edu/DK64_MASTER/shared/tasedit.7z He promised this link will work for 1 year ^_^
At long last I restarted work on my TASeditor, and new version can be found here: http://savefile.com/files/339041 In fact, it's not old TasEdit, but brand new one, I just felt like starting form scratch ^__^ It introduces new (still unfinished though) interface... Now it can... ...open VBM, SMV, FCM, FMV ...save as FCM (tested with FCM and FMV movies, both replayed successfully to the end (Air, Air-no-death(savestate) - FCM, Gradius by morimoto - FMV)) Working with program: - You can move tracks using drag'n'drop on tracks panels to the left (it resets selections though) - You can change setting for tracks (right mouse button, ignore menu and click on next track panel to select multiple tracks) - Left mouse button creates selection on frames panel, to create new selection click outside of current one - for buttons : double click on selection inverts states of selected buttons - for integer values (for example FCM special) : double click sets value from toolbar into selected cells - hold left mouse button on selection to move selected block, right mouse button does the same but clears the place where block was - right mouse button brings up menu, here you can: -Insert frames, new frames will be put before first selected frame (frame is considered "selected" if it has at least one selected button - Delete selected frames (same here) - Duplicate frames (and here too) - Copy or paste selected block to one of two buffers (pasting will override data in corresponding block starting from upper-left corner of selection) - HZ+-, VZ+- adjust vertical and horisontal zoom Save dialog: here you can change some header data and what track is used by every button ^__^ That's all, I think, I am sorry, but you can't edit data from keyboard for now, I have to find some way to implement it...
Emulator Coder, Former player
Pretty sexy. I like what you've done with the interface (it almost looks exactly like what FODA was talking about ... minus editing live emulator data :P). I rebranded my editor as the "TAS Movie Editor" in the next release, even though that was your main form caption in the last release you had. Now, since you're going with TAS Editor, I'm assuming it's cool if I use the old name (if not, I can pick something else). I'm going to keep working on mine (since programming's fun), but if you ever wanna do something collaboratively, just lemme know :)
I think we use different languages and development methods, so working together won't work `^^ I will stick with "TASedit" name, you are free to use any name you like ^^ ...and thanks for your comments )
Skilled player (1886)
zefiris wrote:
At long last I restarted work on my TASeditor, and new version can be found here: http://savefile.com/files/339041
That download link doesn't seem to work for me... I'm interested in seeing the latest version, so please fix the link. :)
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
It works here. :/
Skilled player (1886)
Aah, it works for me now, too. It didn't work earlier today though... Well, I'll check it out now.
Zefiris, since you're using a horizontal layout for frame input, are you considering maybe doing something with icons? http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103895#103895 Replacing the dots with icons representing what that track contains might make it easier (and faster) to use. Also, maybe a label somewhere that tells you the exact frame you've clicked on might help. Just a thought.
Not faster, but still a good idea :)
zefiris wrote:
Not faster, but still a good idea :)
Faster from a usability standpoint (prolly a lot slower as far as performance is concerned) :P
There's a little problem with assigning icons to track, but I think it's possible ) EDIT: http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m110/squarenix/test2.png here is what it looks like... works very slow T__T
Active player (325)
*resurrect* I just have a simple suggestion for this. Do you think it would be possible to implement Shift+click to allow large selections without having to zoom out really far?