This is my first post and this is my third run of quad-run.I refered to many movie files.So I need to say "Thanks" to authors of many movies.

Game Objectives

• FCEUX 2.1.3-interim svn1599
  • Uses same roms as current fastest movie used
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Four games in one movie
  • Manipulates luck
  • Take damage to save time
  • No death
  • Abuses programming errors

Useful Information for the run

• If you push left and right on the same time, SMB1 and SMB2J will walk toward right, SMB2 will run toward right and SMB3 will stop accelerating.Even if SMB3 jump, SMB3 won't accelerate.
  • If you push left or right and bottom, SMB1,SMB2J and SMB2 will stop accelerating unless SMB1,2J and 2 are jumping and SMB3 will run toward left or right.
  • In SMB1 and SMB2J,you start to push A button to jump and when you stop pushing A button even if you stop pushing 1 frame,Mario won't rise up even if you push A button again.On the other hand, in SMB2 and SMB3, if you stop pushing A button for a moment,Mario will rise up when you push A button again.

Tricks you can see in the movie

Super Mario Bros & Super Mario Bros 2J

• Flag-don't-operate trick
  • Through the wall
  • Broken graphic in the water(pushes left and right on the same time.)
  • Vine through(5-2 in SMB2J)

Super Mario Bros 2

• Bringing vegetables to boss room.
  • Vine glitch
  • Air jump

Super Mario Bros 3

• Through the wall
enjoy :)

Flygon: Replaced YouTube module with higher quality one.

Baxter: A very well-done quadrun of the NES Mario games. Great audience reponse; accepting.

Aktan: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Active player (292)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_AerCVhoTM to do a u2b embed it should look like [module:YouTube|v=L_AerCVhoTM|w=384|h=224]
Active player (432)
I loved it! :=) It was about time Mario got the same treatment as Mega Man. Well done and I definitely vote yes. This movie further helps my motivation to finish my own 9 run tas, thank you sir.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
And I'm smashing up a HD encode, this makes me so happy! This is awesome!
Patashu
He/Him
Nice In super mario bros 2, how come you don't take the shortcut to the left at 6:17, like in the current TAS? I was impressed by how close together three of the games finished. You clearly put some thought into that aspect. :D
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Ill try an SD but I might need some help...
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
NitroGenesis, I'll assist you when you're on IRC, I should be able to adapt my HD encoding script for SD.
Player (200)
Wow, I figured it was only a matter of time before someone tried this! I liked it, but SMB1 finishes around the halfway point, making it a 3-game run for the second half. Could you have taken a longer route through the game (1-2-3-4-8, maybe?) and had it finish at the same time as the others? Even so, yes vote.
Rayas wrote:
Dunno if I'm really clear. I need to drink more.
<br>
adelikat wrote:
The idea was to kill off my family to avoid lost time to them getting sick and other inconvenient things.
Expert player (2453)
Well done! Wonderful job! I thought the record of 11:00.65 on nicovideo was fast enough, but this proved me wrong. I love it, voting YES! Edit: Still, I'm waiting for a downloadable encode. Or, if anyone would like to teach me to use lua to show key-input, I'd like to make an encode myself.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
This is awesome. Wow.
Patashu
He/Him
HappyLee wrote:
Well done! Wonderful job! I thought the record of 11:00.65 on nicovideo was fast enough, but this proved me wrong. I love it, voting YES! Edit: Still, I'm waiting for a downloadable encode. Or, if anyone would like to teach me to use lua to show key-input, I'd like to make an encode myself.
Yeah, I think a controller in the center is a must for this kind of movie.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
only 1 word for this: WOW definitly a YES for me
live life
Banned User, Former player
It would be nice to see more movement synchronization between the games in these multigame TASes, but I understand that it would make it more difficult to proceed in and finish all the games (at least at the same time), so some kind of "one game interprets the input at this frame while another doesn't" abuse (as well as "this game interprets the input completely differently from this one" abuse) is often necessary. I'm still hoping for a two-game gradius-type multi-TAS with extreme synchronization... (More than two would also be ok, although with more than two it gets pretty confusing for the viewer, and probably harder to maximize synchronization.)
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Tanooki Teabag wrote:
...but SMB1 finishes around the halfway point, making it a 3-game run for the second half. Could you have taken a longer route through the game (1-2-3-4-8, maybe?) and had it finish at the same time as the others?
I had this thought as well. That notwithstanding, this was a lot of fun to watch, and the technical quality looked good. Yes vote.
Previous Name: boct1584
Experienced player (761)
Thanks for modifying text error. Then I add information I forgot to write.
Experienced player (761)
In super mario bros 2, how come you don't take the shortcut to the left at 6:17, like in the current TAS?
In that situation, SMB2J was slower than SMB2. So I advanced SMB2J.
Could you have taken a longer route through the game (1-2-3-4-8, maybe?) and had it finish at the same time as the others?
I tried longer route in SMB1 as second run. But taking longer route made this run slow and really difficult in the last stage. By the way, thanks for comments :D
Patryk1023
He/Him
This is the hell NICE! :D YES VOTE!
<Nach> scrimpy is fretty with her sunglasses on I'm here. never visible.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
HappyLee wrote:
Edit: Still, I'm waiting for a downloadable encode. Or, if anyone would like to teach me to use lua to show key-input, I'd like to make an encode myself.
Andymac developed such lua by my request. Download it here: http://feos-theos.narod.ru/AVI-HeadsUpDisplay.lua All info will be there after you run it.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
You... completed four NES Mario games with just one input? That's... AWESOME. I didn't see that one coming. I think this should be published, even if just on the basis of novelty value, but not sure how it could be classified as anything other than a demonstration.
Patashu wrote:
I think a controller in the center is a must for this kind of movie.
I wholeheartedly agree!
Oh, play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the space cops.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
Very nice. Too bad SMB1 is finished so much earlier than the other three games, but I suppose that can't really be helped. Yes vote.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Very cool work there, I was impressed. Thus a yes vote.
goldfish wrote:
You... completed four NES Mario games with just one input? That's... AWESOME. I didn't see that one coming. I think this should be published, even if just on the basis of novelty value, but not sure how it could be classified as anything other than a demonstration.
Just so you know, Goldfish, this was also done with Mega Mans 3-6 (and AngerFist made a one-level run of all six NES titles). I'm just posting this because it sounded to me like you weren't familiar with the multi-run concept. There's also a Mega Man X1/X2 run which shows more synchronization and was the pioneer of the "two games with one input" concept.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Personman
Other
This is awesome! I too would really love to see an encode that shows controller input in a nice way. Also, for the screenshot, I think it would be funny to take one from around 8:20ish, where Luigi is facing to the left in 2, and mario is facing to the right in smb1 (because you already won, and it's the demo).
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
Once again, this shows that one man's stupid idea is another man's inspiration. I am terribly impressed at how quickly this gets the games done so of course, another yes vote is added to the tally.
This is only a little obsessive.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Thank you for submitting this. Easy yes vote.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects