Submission Text Full Submission Page
After 5 months of testing Sonic Advance 2, it's finally finished. Collecting all Chaos Emeralds with Sonic The Hedgehog
Game Objectives
  • All Chaos Emeralds Collected
  • Aims for maximum score
  • Aims for in-game time instead of real-time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Uses a game restart sequence
Level Time
Leaf Forest 10:28.20
Leaf Forest 20:22.92
Egg Hammer Tank II0:05.62
Hot Crater 10:31.13
Hot Crater 20:35.78
Egg Bomber Tank0:06.55
Music Plant 10:55.97
Music Plant 20:39.90
Egg Totem0:05.50
Ice Paradise 10:39.85
Ice Paradise 20:39.42
Aero Egg0:05.50
Sky Canyon 10:37.60
Sky Canyon 20:55.88
Egg Saucer0:07.08
Techno Base 10:53.02
Techno Base 20:45.87
Egg-Go-Round0:06.35
Egg Utopia 10:47.83
Egg Utopia 21:11.83
Egg Frog0:08.52
XX Zone0:49.05
Qwerty's Comments Of All Stages & Bosses
Leaf Forest Zone Act 1: In this level i'm collecting all SP Rings, it improves more than 3 seconds than the previous TAS
Leaf Forest Zone Act 2: I used Mukki's input so i can beat this level fast as possible
Egg Hammer Tank II: No Improvements
Hot Crater Zone Act 1: I used Mukki's input so i can beat this level fast as possible
Hot Crater Zone Act 2: Collecting All SP Rings in this level, i was very lucky
Egg Bomber Tank: No Improvement
Music Plant Zone Act 1: Collecting All SP Rings again, this level was really hard to TAS and it's still improveable
Music Plant Zone Act 2: I used Mukki's input till he jumped really high and landed on the ring box, i jumped high aswell but i was rolling to the ring box so i can use the jump dash. I saved 14 frames on this level
Egg Totem: No Improvements
Ice Paradise Zone Act 1: Used Mukki's input
Ice Paradise Zone Act 2: Collecting the SP Rings, It was difficult to TAS this level
Aero Egg: No Improvements
Sky Canyon Zone Act 1: Used Mukki's input
Sky Canyon Zone Act 2: Collect All SP Rings Again, i also have a alternative ending of this level. Timeline: 0:56.12. it's 14 frames slower
Egg Saucer: No Improvements
Techno Base Zone Act 1: Used Mukki's Input
Techno Base Zone Act 2: Enter Special Stage Again, this level was a real pain. I had troubles with this level, but at least i'll finished it
Egg-Go-Round: No Improvements
Egg Utopia Zone Act 1: Used Mukki's input
Egg Utopia Zone Act 2: Collecting SP Rings for the last time, This level was one of the hardest to TAS, but it is done
Egg Frog: Still No Improvements
XX Zone: Used Mukki's input
Before i start TASing this video, i made a lot of testruns. Here is the time table
LevelTime
Leaf Forest 10:31.95
Leaf Forest 20:37.00
Hot Crater 10:58.18
Hot Crater 20:36.82
Music Plant 10:58.10
Music Plant 20:58.47
Ice Paradise 10:56.18
Ice Paradise 20:40.23
Sky Canyon 11:16.73
Sky Canyon 21:00.88
Techno Base 11:14.67
Techno Base 20:48.48
Egg Utopia 11:26.77
Egg Utopia 21:13.99
Screenshot Frame: 89987
Thanks To
  • Nitsuja for making a amazing Any% TAS
  • Zeupar for watching my second SA2 WIP
  • Everyone who likes Sonic Advance 2 TASes
Apologies For
  • My English
  • Waiting so long
  • TASing this instead of Sonic Advance
Enjoy this amazing TAS, Qwerty

GoddessMaria: Judging!
GoddessMaria: Hello Qwerty. Unfortunately this movie fails to meet entertainment standards and does not qualify for Vault either. The main problem being the lack of activity going on during the Special Stages after collecting the required rings to pass and the fact that it takes up most of the movie causes it to fall apart. Also the category itself is rather arbitrary in the sense that there isn't a clear-cut way to really make it stand out from either the any% published on the site already or a movie that were to strive for 100% completion. For those reasons, I am rejecting this movie.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Note: This is during the time it's titled as "#4875: Qwerty's GBA Sonic Advance 2 "Sonic, All Chaos Emeralds" in 35:58.27"
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Leaf Forest Zone Act 2: I used Mukki's input so i can beat this level fast as possible Hot Crater Zone Act 1: I used Mukki's input so i can beat this level fast as possible Music Plant Zone Act 2: I used Mukki's Input till he jumped really high and landed on the ring box, i jumped high aswell but i was rolling to the ring box so i can use the jump dash. I saved 14 frames on this level Ice Paradise Zone Act 1: Used Mukki's input Sky Canyon Zone Act 1: Used Mukki's input Techno Base Zone Act 1: Used Mukki's Input Egg Utopia Zone Act 1: Used Mukki's input XX Zone: Used Mukki's input
So, where's Mukki's name?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
Something about all this rubs me the wrong way, and it's not just the co-authorship mistake. Did you try to improve any of Mukki's times at all, or did you just assume his input is completely optimal and copy it without trying to improve it?
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Player (80)
Samsara wrote:
Did you try to improve any of Mukki's times at all, or did you just assume his input is completely optimal and copy it without trying to improve it?
Music Plant 2 is 14 frames faster than the any%, i copyright 55% of Mukki's input because i couldn't find any improvements just yet. Maybe soon i'll find some new strategy's
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
Qwerty6000 wrote:
Music Plant 2 is 14 frames faster than the any%, i copyright 55% of Mukki's input because i couldn't find any improvements just yet. Maybe soon i'll find some new strategy's
I suppose that's fair. Just make sure to edit the submission and include Mukki as a co-author, since you used so much of his input.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Cool run. Enjoyed it for the most part. I didnt really dig the aspects where you were completely still in the special stages for several seconds. I am aware that you collected max rings in the first 2 special stages, so I would have liked that for all the special stages. The times where you collected 300 rings exact were probably the least interesting ones and the ones after that were still pretty boring. This is probably more the fault of the special stage itself, but I dont understand why you'd keep completely still for so long so many times. It was amusing to watch the robot run in circles while you were still, but that amusement wore off very quickly. Despite that, its a solid run though you used a majority of Mukki's inputs. Yes vote overall, but jeez those special stages killed a lot of the fun for me after the first 2 special stages.
Can't wait to watch it, will edit after I watch an encode. :)
Skilled player (1149)
Yes vote for the great tas. But if you copy the mukki's or others inputs, you should add them to the co-author.
Editor, Experienced player (817)
I have an encode that's about to be posted, but please coauthor Mukki first if you took most of his input, then I'll post it here. About the actual run.. rewatching it, about 50% of the run are the Chaos Emerald minigames, which are as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm not actually kidding here: after the first two or three minigames, the summum of entertainement is watching Sonic stand completely still while a robot turns around him. This would be okay if these minigames didn't make up half of the TAS, and ultimately, it is a poor goal choice entertainement-wise. I'm going to have to vote No on this one.. there's too much dead time for what it is.
GoddessMaria
She/Her
Reviewer, Experienced player (849)
I have updated the submission text to reflect the state of co-authorship.
Current projects: failing at life
Player (80)
Ok, are you guys happy now? Mukki is now a co-author on this amazing TAS
xy2_ wrote:
This would be okay if these minigames didn't make up half of the TAS, and ultimately, it is a poor goal choice entertainement-wise. I'm going to have to vote No on this one.. there's too much dead time for what it is.
You should be happy about this TAS, i know these Special Stages are really boring. But at least i'll tried to finish it with all the 7 chaos emeralds and that's what a lot of people wants to see right?
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (775)
I don't know much about this game. Does it have a true final stage after you collect all emeralds like SA1 does?
GoddessMaria
She/Her
"Beat the game with Sonic, with all 7 emeralds. Then, beat the game with Cream, Tails, and Knuckles." - GameFAQs
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Qwerty6000 wrote:
Way to be coming out of it like a pain in the backside. Also, that wasn't even done by you it was done by GoddessMaria. That was very lazy of you, you had and entire day to add his name and you didn't. Entertainment is a Meh, just due to doing nothing in the downtime. Edit: Hang on just a damn second, it was edited by GoddessMaria to reflect that you used "55% of Mukki's input" but then you come back and put yourself as lead? You're being egotistic about it.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Fortranm
He/Him
GoddessMaria15 wrote:
"Beat the game with Sonic, with all 7 emeralds. Then, beat the game with Cream, Tails, and Knuckles." - GameFAQs
Will the player be accessible to the final stage if the game is beaten with all other characters and then the emeralds are collected by Sonic?
Skilled player (1149)
Qwerty6000 wrote:
Adding the Mukki as a co-author is that you must do. You can see this. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=306147#306147 Or if you want to be banned. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11449 Relax, we didn't blame you, you should know about the rule of tasvideos. http://tasvideos.org/MovieRules.html#MovieMustBeProperlyAttributed Do you want to improve the entertainment of the minigame? You can collect the more rings as much as you can, or play with the miniboss, not standing alone.
Player (80)
Spikestuff wrote:
Qwerty6000 wrote:
Way to be coming out of it like a pain in the backside. Also, that wasn't even done by you it was done by GoddessMaria. That was very lazy of you, you had and entire day to add his name and you didn't. Entertainment is a Meh, just due to doing nothing in the downtime. Edit: Hang on just a damn second, it was edited by GoddessMaria to reflect that you used "55% of Mukki's input" but then you come back and put yourself as lead? You're being egotistic about it.
I was really tired that day, i'm not selfish at all. I just totally forget about that. BTW GoddessMaria changed my submission text first, than i changed it again.
Player (80)
Fortranm wrote:
Will the player be accessible to the final stage if the game is beaten with all other characters and then the emeralds are collected by Sonic?
Maybe one day
Then wouldn't this TAS be better if it was made using savedata that has all the other character's breakthroughs completed? This way you can actually see the final stage.
GoddessMaria
She/Her
GHNeko wrote:
Then wouldn't this TAS be better if it was made using savedata that has all the other character's breakthroughs completed? This way you can actually see the final stage.
Care to elaborate why you think that this would be acceptable?
Fortranm
He/Him
GoddessMaria15 wrote:
GHNeko wrote:
I honestly think this would be a good idea, and that's why I asked those two questions at the first place. It's gonna be much better if one can actually see the true final stage of the game after watching all the minigames.
GoddessMaria15 wrote:
GHNeko wrote:
Well as it stands, the TAS is less enjoyable than the any percent without much to gain aside from seeing the special stages played, hence my suggestion. Having save data with the other characters completed would actually give more substance to the run from a viewer's perspective because we'd get to see the final zone. That being said, I'm not too familiar with the submissions rules since I mostly lurk the genesis boards and watch WIPs lol. So I ultimately wouldnt know how acceptable this would be.
Editor
In this case I think that a run that actually plays the game using the characters would be better. Everything in one package so to speak.
Editor, Experienced player (817)
Link to video High quality standing still encode.
Former player
Isn't this category pointless? It's almost identical to the Sonic run but stages with SP Rings are less entertaining. Then there's a lot of added time due to the mini games (which add no entertainment value) and you stand still in them for about 60 seconds each. AND THERE'S 8 OF THEM. It's not like you unlock anything when you collect the emeralds so what's the point? People have already pointed out that the true ending requires collecting the emeralds then beating the game with all the characters so this isn't even a 100% run. It would be like having a SM64 TAS where you get 87 stars. It doesn't unlock anything and it's still not 100% but it's done anyways. Sorry, but I'm going to have to vote no. I know this is a little picky but if this ends up getting published I think Mukki's name should go first. More than half the movie is his input.