1 2
13 14
Post subject: Super Mario World:The Second Reality Project 2 (HACK)
Banned User
This is not an appoved hacked game I know,but it should be. http://www.fpi-productions.de/sr2.htm This hack has long,Yoshi's Island like levels both in size and in exploration.It is a hard game.It has 90 levels and 109 exits.If you go only for normal exits, you can finish it in about 55 levels.But I also recomend a 100 percent TAS because this game is very beautiful, very large,and has puzzle elements to find the secret exits. [Edit by Bisqwit: Added a relevant indicator in the thread title]
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
sonic levels, sweet, gonna try it.
Experienced player (612)
Hmm, not a bad looking hack from what I saw in the screens and trailers. It seems to hold more context than Super Demo World did. Could it live up to the hype, should there be another Super Mario World based hack TAS? I personally wouldn't mind seeing a TAS of this hack as long as it has redeeming qualities much like Super Demo World had only differently, something new (from what I saw, it is nothing like Super Demo World, it looks like it goes even further).
Editor, Experienced player (730)
how do I play this? I only have a .ips file from the download, and don't know how to patch ROMs
Homepage ☣ Retired
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Wow! At first I thought eh not another one. But then I saw the SML2 style Wario level screenshot, and I was sold!
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Player (147)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XtCW-axRJV8 >.>
comicalflop wrote:
how do I play this? I only have a .ips file from the download, and don't know how to patch ROMs
http://fusoya.panicus.org/lips/ Make sure to back-up your ROM.
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Okay, I just noticed this IPS file requires a ROM header how annoying. But I used ipsedit (included with NSRT) to remove the header offsets from the IPS file. Non header version for convenience here - http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/tsrp2.zip Note, copy your Super Mario World US ROM to tsrp2.sfc (or .gz, .zip, .jma) and load in ZSNES, Snes9x, or SNEeSe, and it'll auto patch it if the IPS file is decompressed to the same location as the ROM.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I haven't tried this yet. From the screenshots, the graphics look fresh, but the level design looks bad. What sold me on Super Demo World was the use of new items. Does this game have anything comparable to that, or is it just a (very well done) graphics and level hack?
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Experienced player (612)
I'm still trying it out, works on console so far. The only thing different I'm seeing so far is the use of music from Super Mario Bros. 3 from All-Stars.
Emulator Coder
Okay I just beat world 1. I think the levels seemed to be drug inspired. However so far there's the poison mushrooms from the lost levels, and some stuff brought back from SMB3. I'll post more details after I waste more time not programming playing this game. Edit: I did notice one new type of block, it breaks when you jump on top of it.
Banned User
It does go farther.Have you seen the Sonic levels?How about the poison mushrooms?They are a new item.
I played the first SRP game a year ago, and loved it. This game looks even better. Me (mainly as a guide), mrz and skamastaG (the main taser) are thinking of test running this game, to give everyone a better look at it, to see if it is worthy of TAS publication in the long run. I personally like the hack's sprite library a lot. Sonic sprites in a Mario game = Win. The level design in the old version is questionable in some cases, but we'll see how it goes. We probably won't start the test run till a bit later, unless mrz is hiding someting.
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
Banned User
If you like the Sonic levels,wait till you see the Kirby levels!(Apparently,Kirby wants to know what power Mario will give him if he sucks him up.)
mrz
Former player
This hack is awesome, I'm thinking of speed running it also, so far I beat castle 3, after that level is a ghost house sorta level, It's so long and I don't know how to beat it, someone help?
Emulator Coder
JXQ: Found something else new, switches in levels which turns on and off various blocks. Not a P-Switch, a light switch type of device (but it doesn't control a light but blocks).
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Hmm, I also noticed a koopa that kicks a shell that you can't bounce to stop. Kind of neat. Anyway I played this a bit, some desert levels, grass levels, and to me, this is just another hack with badly designed levels, being hard just for the sake of being hard - but wrapped up in pretty graphics. Meh, that doesn't do it for me.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
I didn't really see this mentioned, but what rom version is it made to Patch?
Kitsune wrote:
Patching the Super Mario World (U) [!] ROM worked for me.
Emulator Coder
Kitsune wrote:
---------------------Internal ROM Info----------------------
       File: SMW.SFC
       Name: SUPER MARIOWORLD       Company: Nintendo
     Header: None                      Bank: LoROM
Interleaved: No                        SRAM: 16 Kb
       Type: Normal + Batt              ROM: 4 Mb
  ROM Speed: 200ns (SlowROM)       Revision: 1.0
   Checksum: Good 0xA0DA              CRC32: B19ED489
        MD5: CDD3C8C37322978CA8669B34BC89C804
--------------------------Database--------------------------
   Name: Super Mario World
 Port 1: Gamepad                  Port 2: Gamepad
Genre 1: Platform                Genre 2: Side Scrolling
Although you'll need a header on your ROM unless you remove the header offsets from the IPS file (or use my already header offset removed IPS file).
Banned User, Former player
There's also another thread for this elsewhere, and it might provide some information. Yes, I may own the forum, but I don't read everything... I've been too tied up with the OTHER release thread there.
Perma-banned
Is the Emulator or Rom supposed to lag this much? Every ten seconds I get a major lag spike, which. A. Causes me to die. B. Causes me to lose a power up by jumping into an enemy. C. Causes me to miss Jumps. D. Annoys me. Tell me this isn't normal, or that I may have patched the wrong ROM, or maybe it's the Emulator.
Former player
I'm at Rice Beach right now, and I'm loving it. The levels are nice and simple but still challenging. Anyway, in Rice Beach there is at one point a set of fire blocks. Behind the blocks is a pipe. When I enter the pipe, the screen just goes black. The game is still running and I can hear sound just fine but there is nothing on the screen. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? I can't find the secret exit because of this.
I don't think this hack was made very well if there are still bugs in it. I myself am done playing since it gives me relentless Lag issues.
Former player
I'm at Midnight Canyon now and I encountered a gamestopper: when I enter the door at the end of the level, it leads nowhere and Mario falls to his death when I enter it. Anyone know what's up? EDIT: Ah, I see now. I was using zsne 1.42 which apparently isn't compatible. Works fine on 1.5.
Where is 1.5 available at, the home page? I only have 1.4..
1 2
13 14