1 2
6 7
How practical would this be? Asking because the game already has a real messed up engine that lets you do insane things... examples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziw9unVTGyc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvCQS97Q4GQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePw94Vgxi98 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vlEAhWlcU
Player (36)
I died a little inside watching those videos.
A whisper in the wind~~
I mean... it took me forever to beat those staff ghosts.... but these guys are... are.... Super Sayians!
I would be very interested to see a tas of this game. I never liked snaking myself. I could never do it as well as these guys. I don't understand how anyone could snake at those speeds and never hit the sides.
"Scarily obsessive amounts of practice" is generally what I assume when I watch things like this or perfect runs of bullet hell games.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Former player
I would enjoy watching a run just to see anything past the Samurai Goroh race, really. This game is way too hard for me on console.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Editor, Player (53)
I don't think it would be that interesting if you're going to be space flying (that's the fastest way to beat a course, although you would need to obtains parts & create a car - or use a file that has them unlocked), although if it's going to be a snaking tas, that would be more interesting... (still, it would have the same problem of creating a car or unlocking a good one)...
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
Senior Moderator
Drewseph wrote:
I don't understand how anyone could snake at those speeds and never hit the sides.
I suppose it's not easy for them either. What you see in a YouTube video is one successful attempt where everything connects; left behind the scenes is a thousand of failed attempts where they hit a side at least once and lose precious time.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Editor, Experienced player (729)
samurai goroh wrote:
I don't think it would be that interesting if you're going to be space flying (that's the fastest way to beat a course, although you would need to obtains parts & create a car - or use a file that has them unlocked), although if it's going to be a snaking tas, that would be more interesting... (still, it would have the same problem of creating a car or unlocking a good one)...
The really neato part about this site is that someone choosing to TAS this game could decide to use a blank file (like we should) and then snake their way through all of the courses, avoiding all space flying strategies. Voila!
Homepage ☣ Retired
Player (142)
Or TAS the story. You can only use the Blue Falcon there, no spaceflying possible. And if you're actually TASing the normal GP's, just use whatever you have unlocked, if it's faster to select (or build) that trough the menu than just racing the races with default vehicles.
The F-Zero X TAS that was being worked on was being done as a set of time-trial runs with a fully-unlocked game. This was necessary not just to allow access to all of the courses, but also to let the TASer use the optimal cars for each course. F-Zero GX is no different in that respect. How prevalent would spaceflying strategies be? I view that as being basically similar as doing tight loops in Mario Kart, and the published TAS certainly does that plenty of times. If you could do them on most courses, though, then it seems reasonable to institute a "no spaceflying" rule.
Editor, Expert player (2312)
I've been contacting CrazyGameNerd on Youtube some time ago and talked about TASing F-Zero GX. I can't use savestates but after learning how to snake and some other techniques, I decided to make some test TASes. CGN said he can use savestates, so maybe he's going to make some amazing videos in the future. For now, enjoy what we've done so far. Note that all videos use snaking in such a frame-precise manner, it's hardly recognizable as snaking anymore (the direction is changed every other frame). Chapter 5 [29''416] [Very hard] (mugg1991) First TAS. Highly improvable by using MT (Momentum Throttle) wisely when going to the sides. Chapter 2 [31''772] [Very hard] (mugg1991) I messed up two shiftboosts and bumped into a wall, otherwise a good run. Chapter 2 [32''258] [Normal] (CrazyGameNerd) Just for testing. Chapter 3 [52''221] [Very hard] (mugg1991) Chapter 2 [25''919] [Hard] (CrazyGameNerd) This is the best TAS of Chapter 2 so far and the first TAS of this game to use savestates. No shiftboosts were used, but CGN says speed can go up to 12,000 km/h when at 5,500 km/h (for 1 frame). So I'm wondering if it is possible to keep this speed or even building it up more. To be honest, I think that F-Zero GX videos will look a lot better when fully optimized. You can probably keep speed very high above 5000 km/h I'd think, but I'd like to get involved and find some TAS-based tricks for now. We're going to run the remaining chapters.
I would love to see these with a less jittery framerate. Impressive speed though. Keep it up! :)
Chapter 5 [20''203] [Very hard] (mugg1991) Unlike my previous videos, I can use savestates now. I tried TASing chapter 2 with a lot of shift boosting (repeated getting off and on the course again), but in the end I couldn't get my speed beyond 2500 km/h again so I gave up for now. Maybe I will try chapter 3 or another chapter, but I won't make many TASes for this game... it's just very hard >.>
GabCM
He/Him
MUGG You win
Holy crap I can't wait to see more! Chapter 4 and 6 are ones I'm really interested in
Chapter 2 [15''854] [Normal] (CrazyGameNerd) Using shiftboosts this time and taking major shortcuts as well.
Editor, Skilled player (1171)
My goodness, what's happening to Captain Falcon's portrait? The one seen on the top-left corner of the screen during gameplay? I think these are speeds that break all sense of reason...
Active player (432)
Fudge.... ME! If that guy manages to do that for the rest of the run, it will get 10 stars! You freaking kidding me?! It was a long time ago I reacted like this when I watched a tas :)
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Player (142)
I knew shiftboosting was fast, but this? This is simply insane. Then again, it could probably be faster if you didn't come to a full stop when you hit 9999 km/h. Unfortunately there aren't many other story mode chapters where shiftboosting is possible, but looking at the shortcuts that are taken, chapter 9 will also make an awesome TAS. Anyway, I'm even more looking forward to a full run now.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
MUGG wrote:
Chapter 2 [15''854] [Normal] (CrazyGameNerd) Using shiftboosts this time and taking major shortcuts as well.
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME. Someone really needs to make a full TAS of this game.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Hoooooly shit. Man. What?
Pretty awesome stuff you sent in. A TAS of this game is most needed (or wanted).
1 2
6 7