Post subject: 2009 TAS awards ceremony - Winners Announced
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Winners! Chrono Trigger "glitched any%", TAS of the year Lord Tom, the TASer of 2009 arukAdo, the Rookie of 2009 Lord Tom, the NES TASer of 2009 Cpadolf, the SNES TASer of 2009 maTO, the Sega TASer of 2009 Ryuto, the GBX TASer of 2009 arukAdo, the Rookie platform TASer of 2009 Megaman 2, the NES TAS of 2009 Chrono Trigger "glitched any%", the SNES TAS of 2009 Crusader of Centy, the Sega TAS of 2009 AoS "100% Souls", the GBX TAS of 2009 Castlevania - Symphony of the Night, the Rookie platform TAS of 2009 Family Feud the Funny TAS of 2009 Chrono Trigger, the Glitchy TAS of 2009 Family Feud, the Innovative TAS of 2009 Shining Force, the Lucky TAS of 2009 Gunstar Super Heroes, the Speedy TAS of 2009 ---- Greetings and welcome to our 3rd annual awards ceremony. Here we acknowledge the best tool-assisted movies and movie makers over the course of 2009. 2009 has been an epic year for TASVideos including an unprecedented expansion of TASable platforms. This year we witness the first time publications of PSX, Arcade, Saturn, PC Engine, PC Engine CD, Game Gear, and Nintendo DS games. In addition, our most unimprovable movies were improved, and our most entertaining obsoleted. Due to limited publication of these new systems, this year they will be lumped into "New Platform" categories. This year we have a new twist to the awards. Money! The money came from some very generous donations. Much thanks to the contributers! (Will place names here upon request of the donators) It isn't much but I want to be able to reward our outstanding contributers in some way. I hope this will become the tradition and the values can get larger as we are able to afford to do so. Current prize pool: $100 Distribution: The TASer of the year: $20 TAS of the year: $15 Rookie of the year: $15 Each of the platform TASer & TAS of the year awards will get $4 each "Specialty" Awards will get $2 (awards such as lucky, speedy, etc) Also, awards now display on winner's forum posts as well as displayed on movie pages. Once nominations are done, we will start a two week poll. Afterwards the winners will be announced. The TAS of the Year voting will then be opened. TAS of the year nominees will be the winners of the individual platform awards. SNES and N64 were combined this year due to lack of N64 publications. SNES isn't a great one to group it with, but seemed to be the best option. For details on rules, awards, and eligibility, see the awards page.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
This is a good opportunity for me to point out my list of 2009 movies, for your consideration when thinking of movies to nominate.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
The lack of a multitude of TASs published for a certain category is indeed a problem. Instead of lumping them in places they don't belong, why don't we have a category for systems which had <10 publications for it? Those with 10 or more I think deserve their own category even if new. Edit: Looking over Sgrunt's list, it looks to me like we have enough TASs for both PSX and PCE to let them have a distinct award this year. Edit 2: This would mean lumping N64, Nintendo DS, SMS, and arcade, and giving the rest their own award.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Experienced player (822)
If psx is given it's own category, maybe N64 should be placed there? Similar systems and console generation would make more sense to me.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Player (116)
mmbossman wrote:
If psx is given it's own category, maybe N64 should be placed there? Similar systems and console generation would make more sense to me.
i agree
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
We had a generous donation of $50 towards our award prize pool (putting it up to $65). I redid the award amounts in the announcement post. I'm very thankful for this donation :)
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1885)
Hehe, I never thought I could ever make money from TASing. :) I like this idea, and $50 is indeed a very generous donation.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Randil wrote:
Hehe, I never thought I could ever make money from TASing. :) I like this idea, and $50 is indeed a very generous donation.
Actually, donations for awards have brought the total up to $100.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Experienced player (954)
I want to say officially here that im whilling to refund anything i would win trought award as a donation to tasvideos.org For sake of simplicity, i guess we dont need to move any money from where it is right now. Thanks to everybody who voted for me ! (80% for new systems taser !)
Active player (253)
You know, when I made the Crusader of Centy TAS, my primary concern was that it would get published. I never dreamed that I'd win an award for it, much less pull in a prize! Jeez!