Submission Text Full Submission Page
Monopoly NES has been TASed multiple times on this site, but never with 7 computer players! (However, it takes 6 minutes to do, but at least it is the slightest lick entertaining.) I make it so I buy all of the railroads in 2 turns, and have the computers land on most of them. I really hope that this will be published (or at least most of you on the forum will vote yes or meh)!
(Note to encoders: Set the emulator to pause at frame 25,438, which shows the TAS and a few seconds of the ending screen.)
JWinslow23: I have cancelled this submission due to my realization that "all movies must beat all existing records", and the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IquY959xyO4 is faster.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3725: JWinslow23's NES Monopoly "7 cpus" in 06:44.50
Skilled player (1706)
Monopoly NES has been TASed multiple times on this site, but never with 7 computer players! (However, it takes 6 minutes to do, but at least it is the slightest lick entertaining.)
A 7 CPU player run done in 4 minutes. Try harder next time.
Player (56)
I know about that! I'm not a hardcore TASer, but this is actually my personal record. How about I try a TAS in which I buy everything (and I mean EVERYTHING)?
If I could have a tool-assisted real life, I'd... Being a novice, I'd probably load the wrong state, have the IRS AI bankrupt me, and eventually make me want to kill myself and redo 11 years of hard work.
Skilled player (1706)
JWinslow23 wrote:
I know about that! I'm not a hardcore TASer, but this is actually my personal record. How about I try a TAS in which I buy everything (and I mean EVERYTHING)?
From the Movie Rules:
A speed-oriented movie must beat all existing records
Player (56)
Why do I have to cancel all of my movies?
If I could have a tool-assisted real life, I'd... Being a novice, I'd probably load the wrong state, have the IRS AI bankrupt me, and eventually make me want to kill myself and redo 11 years of hard work.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
JWinslow23 wrote:
Because they appear to have issues, after you have submitted them. I recommend that next time, you post your works-in-progress in the forum instead, rather than in the submission queue.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Active player (306)
JWinslow23 wrote:
Vs 7 CPU, it could be interesting...
Player (56)
I will work on it, @Grincevent.
Player (136)
JWinslow23 wrote:
Well, an acceptable movie takes a lot of time to make... The "fast" and experienced movie makers need a few days up to a few weeks for a short TAS. Each of my movies took several months of time actively working on them (well, and long breaks in between.) Some movies even take years of work, for example the upcoming Super Mario 64 - 120 stars TAS will have taken 5 to 6 years to be completed... Don't expect fast success. Try to beat yourself, and try again, and try again, and try again. If you find some, watch already existing TASes. Most of the time, you'll need to do some research on the game (RAM watch and the like), which can take long. Different strategies need to be tested. If you try hard enough, you will eventually beat the current world record. And finally, when you can't think of any further improvements, your movie is ready. --- And about a 7 CPU run: this might be especially interesting if you give yourself totally horrible starting conditions, like: 10.000$ for every CPU, 1$ for you + 3 turns in jail... just my opinion. You would win despite facing a totally hopeless situation. Such ideas should be discussed beforehand.
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
partyboy1a wrote:
And about a 7 CPU run: this might be especially interesting if you give yourself totally horrible starting conditions, like: 10.000$ for every CPU, 1$ for you + 3 turns in jail... just my opinion. You would win despite facing a totally hopeless situation. Such ideas should be discussed beforehand.
This would be very interesting to see.
Player (56)
@partyboy1a, I'll take your advice. And if I can get any of the Monopoly NES randomizer programs to work on my computer, I'll be sure to use them. @rog, I agree. It would be interesting. I will work on it.
I do suggest starting a Monopoly thread, if you want to pursue a publishable TAS. You'll need to brainstorm good ideas on what would make a TAS publishable. Personally, I don't like 7 CPUs as it doesn't add anything more than having 1 CPU. It just takes longer. But, maybe a lot of people like 1v7. Good luck TASing!
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
There's a thread for NES Monopoly here.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Player (56)
I have started a thread that can be found at http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328491#328491, so please post ideas there now! ---- Edit by FractalFusion: The thread linked above is now deleted, although the above post is not changed. Please post all discussion in the Monopoly thread (which Mothrayas linked above).