(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a UMK3 Scorpion run that is beaten in 7:43 min. If you can beat it then prove It to me?

Game objectives

• Emulator used: snes9x-1.51-rerecording-v7-win32
  • Fastest Time
  • Hardest Difficulty Level
  • Scorpion Character

Comments

This is the best Run of UMK3

Stage by stage comments

Blue Zone

Scorpion V.S. Sun-Zero

Jade's Dessert

Scorpion V.S. Mileena
Watch the rest

Other comments

Scorpion is one of the best character in the game If you just calm down & just watch this.
I won't tell you how It's done Either.

Nach: These kinds of runs are generally not well received and this run is no exception. In order for it to be eligible for the vault, it has to be a real record without any obvious flaws. Quite a few flaws were pointed out in the discussion. Further, some fights seem to use faster strategies than others. An occasional block and retaliate should in some cases also prove faster than techniques used in this movie where Scorpion jumped out of the way of an attack, or used other slow moves. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Don't know much on Mortal Kombat but isn't this: [1654] SNES Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 "Tournament Mode" by SDR in 03:55.50 the fastest? I'm voting No regardless due to being fastest time and fastest time means no entertainment like Tekken.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Spikestuff: I'm not sure that SDR's tournament mode run applies here. First of all, that run is still a playaround. Second, I'm not sure that fastest-time runs can be obsoleted by a run in a different category (though Todd's Adventures in Slime World seems to be a recent example to the contrary...) Anyway, I can't check this out yet, but I'm curious to see this. If it's technically well-done, I think it's still eligible for Vault.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Technically not bad at all, but you could shave time by taking a single hit in each fight so you're not always getting Flawless Victory messages. N?K did that in his Mortal Kombat II as-fast-as-possible run.
Previous Name: boct1584
Post subject: Re: #4157: saomoore94's SNES Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 "Fastest Time" in 08:21.54
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2121)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
This is the best Run of UMK3.
Sure it is, pal.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
Sorry saomoore94 but yes you can beat this run more fast, all I remember 1 minute can be done ,but using 2 players ,I know that this run if is possible to published is for vault,I don't want to create a new run but if the people whether to creat a "glitched" run or "fastest time" I say we can. Vlack founded the way to complete some years ago. No vote!
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
Player (70)
Throwing in a vote of no on this. Did not entertain me much at all nor was it as fast as possible. Sorry. Looking forward to improvements so I hope you don't feel demotivated by this.
Banned User, Former player
If it clearly doesn't achieve its own stated goal ("fastest time"), is it even eligible for publication?
Player (70)
Warp wrote:
If it clearly doesn't achieve its own stated goal ("fastest time"), is it even eligible for publication?
There are several publications that states that a few, possible some, or several improvements are possible. Edit: erokky's SNES Final Fantasy III in 4:05:52.87 is one example from the top of my head.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Highness: Good point. I guess the relevant question is really "Is this run missing its goal to the point of being sloppy?" Another relevant factor is how much work it would take to redo or make changes. In this case, the game is not that long, the strategies are generally repetitive when aiming for fastest time, and the mistake of ending with flawless victories is pretty obvious. All of these point to rejection. In contrast, nearly none of the flaws the FFIII run were largely noticeable at the time of the run's publication, and they were hard to go back and fix in a run that couldn't be hexed easily.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Um, you do know that by scrolling over the dragon symbol on the character select screen, that's one less spot to scroll over and is therefore faster, right?
I think this movie shows why not a lot of "fastest completion" TASes of Mortal Kombat games have been created. It's kinda all or nothing for these games. Then again it IS interesting in an of itself what the matches end up looking like if you're only going for speed, for me at least. The author should probably have included "flawless wins" as another descriptor for the movie though... If we wanted to think of that as a separate category, this would work. However, the difference is kinda small so... maybe the small changes should be implemented before accepting this. Author, think of this as your WIP that you wanted to get checked before submitting! At least now you have par times for each fight you know you can beat by taking the hit. :D
Active player (347)
saomoore94 if you want to submit a TAS of any fighting game should note that the run should be Playaround so that should entertain viewers with all the glitches that contains the game and using 2 players in ways that serve to entertain but this is just beat the game quickly Therefore I vote no. I recommend these guided TAS about fighting games http://tasvideos.org/3409S.html http://tasvideos.org/2878S.html http://tasvideos.org/3245S.html http://tasvideos.org/3685S.html
mkTAScommunity website: http://mktascommunity.foromotion.net/ mkTAScommunity youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/mkTAScommunity Working in Wario Land 2 and Wario Land 3 Speedruns NON-TAS My twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/vlacksr My hitbox channel: http://www.hitbox.tv/vlackSR
Banned User
it's to see can you beat every match at 94 -93's sec runs is what I mean. what do you think?
welcome to my TAS Videos site Enjoy!
Banned User
I ain't talking about glitches, 3:55, scrolling over the dragon symbol on the character selection screen, Playarounds, or none of that stuff. I'm talking about by Best Character, beating matches under at 89's sec left's, similar to liu kang unstoppable bycycle kick 9:12 run, "fastest completion" run, a great play as scorpion run is what I mean. What do yaw think of those?
I think that if you're going to make a run for "fastest time," then it should be the fastest time.
Btw, how much faster the run would be by avoiding the "flawless victory" thing? (After all, it doesn't take enormous amounts of time, and taking even one hit takes its own time... so how much time would actually be saved by avoiding flawless victory?)
Editor, Experienced player (894)
Based on a quick test, a single flawless victory screen wastes 107 frames. If you could take damage in under 107 frames, you would save time. I like the idea of speed fighting game TASes. I don't know much about UMK3, though, so it's hard to comment on how optimal this run is strategy-wise. But thumbs up for the effort.
AKheon wrote:
Based on a quick test, a single flawless victory screen wastes 107 frames. If you could take damage in under 107 frames, you would save time.
I wonder if the time wasted getting hit could be avoided by having both characters hit each other simultaneously, with the computer opponent losing on that hit. (It might not save time at all, or it might even lose time, but just an idea to try.)
Thevlackdemonn2294 wrote:
saomoore94 if you want to submit a TAS of any fighting game should note that the run should be Playaround so that should entertain viewers with all the glitches that contains the game and using 2 players in ways that serve to entertain
This is rubbish. We get vault-level submissions all the time where finishing fast is more or less the only goal. I still think probably the only problem with this submission is it's not quite here or there. A bit more testing and implementing the suggested improvements and it should be fine. The author would probably benefit from hanging out in the forums more so as to get to the TASVideos mindset. One has to go all-out to achieve the set goals and the set goals have to fit into the existing paradigm. So "fastest completion" means not just what you do in the fights but from the start of the movie to the finish which includes the character selection screen. And whatever's fastest is all that matters, therefore for that category you have to take the hit to avoid the flawless wins if it saves time.
Player (131)
Warp wrote:
I wonder if the time wasted getting hit could be avoided by having both characters hit each other simultaneously, with the computer opponent losing on that hit. (It might not save time at all, or it might even lose time, but just an idea to try.)
IIRC, Mortal Kombat always registers one player's actions first, and attacks will interrupt the next player, so it's not possible to do simultaneous attacks. Blocks allow some damage through and can be broken out of quickly (you can even start special move button sequences while blocking), so those may be a good option.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
oneeighthundred wrote:
IIRC, Mortal Kombat always registers one player's actions first, and attacks will interrupt the next player, so it's not possible to do simultaneous attacks.
Hmm, really? I must be misremembering then, or perhaps I am thinking about MK2. In any case, projectiles can hit both players simultaneously. But blocking is probably a better option like you said. Even normal attacks do chip damage, so it should be easy to manipulate it from the enemy.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I think if saomoore94 want make Vault for this, then he need improve his skills more than 1/ need infinite combos for don't let enemy down then can save alot frames. I have idea a infinite combo for your Scropion (not tested): make combo can upper cut, jump kick, 1/4 back circle + HP, throw line, jump punch, repeat all 2/ need make choices options faster 3/ just do if you have done 1 and 2. Don't get perfect win, it'll save few frames for you. This's hard way, because you must control enemy for their fastest actions p/s: I think Liu Kang still fastest, not sure but please try my combo idea: make 2 bicycle kicks, jump kick, FF+HP in air, back+HK, make bicycle kick, repeat all sorry I got too busy in my work, I can't make any TAS in this time, just can give some ideas from me. Hope it can help you a little :D
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
Banned User
Warp wrote:
AKheon wrote:
Based on a quick test, a single flawless victory screen wastes 107 frames. If you could take damage in under 107 frames, you would save time.
I don't even know what your talking about.