Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator: s9x 1.51 (with no special settings)
  • Warps / Passwords: no
  • Programming Errors: Allowed puck to get stuck on one level to gain time for superkick. Manipulated luck.
  • Aim for game: Fast time (entertainment & time payoffs).
This game is a soccer / hockey game. It's main objective (only objective I guess) is to get the puck through your opponents goal (first to 3 goals wins). You play as one of 4 sanrio characters Keroppi, Tabo, Pokopon and Hangyodon (I chose Hangyodon, because he is a badass fish monster). It is a fun little game to play, and I hope that people enjoy watching it. This TAS plays through the initial game up to the credits, after the credits the maps repeat with harder enemies (I may TAS those later, but I can't see it being too much different than this submission).

mmbossman: Rejecting for reasons stated in the discussion. Better luck on your next project reiki!
Noxxa: Unrejecting for consideration of publication to the Vault following a rule change regarding sports games.
Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: This movie uses suboptimal strategies in many areas, particularly against the fourth opponent. I managed to save 480 frames on the first goal against the fourth opponent without even using slowdown. As such, rejecting due to poor optimization.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2411: reiki's SNES Sanrio World Smash Ball! in 25:14.65
Oh, just a heads up... I guess I had a brain fart on level 4. I Started thinking about lord of the rings, specifically the quote by gandalf "you shall not pass!" So I didn't let the cpu break any of my blocks. This made the level quite a bit longer than it would have been otherwise.
I accidentally the whole speedrun.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
By the way, this comment you just posted, reiki: you should probably edit your submission to say that. I'm not familiar with this game, but this looks pretty well-played. It seems much faster near the end of the game than at the beginning... one of the levels near the beginning where the ball starts surrounded by blocks (I think it's level 6) looks particularly slow. Am I thinking of level 4 instead, the one you mention in your comment? Some of the quick victories near the end look pretty impressive, but I feel that the game is generally too repetitive and long for what it is (as opposed to, say, Super Dodge Ball, which lasts less than 6 minutes). I'm going to have to go with a positively-tinted Meh.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Thanks for the feedback mklip, this is my first attempt at a TAS. The faster times at the end of the movie are due to power ups enabling faster kicks. I was probably also getting a little better at realising what was possible and faster in game. I'd like to request that if the vote is no, then leave a reson why, so I can determine whether it is worth re-doing the TAS for faster time / more entertainment or select a different game. Thanks :)
Experienced player (822)
Is there a reason you submitted this run under the name enliten, but are posting under the name reiki? We try to keep them the same, for continuity, unless there's a good reason not to.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
The name reiki just seemed like it would be too common... If it is a problem then I don't mind requesting for it to be changed on my submission. Which ever one gets eventually used here will be the name on all of my future submissions.
Experienced player (822)
I'll go ahead and change it for you on the submission, that's an easier step than changing your forum name. Oh, congrats on your first submission, and welcome :)
awesome, thanks. the community here seems really friendly ^_^
Experienced player (822)
Got around to watching this, and I found it amusing for the first 5 minutes, then quickly lost interest. About half the levels look optimized, which unfortunately makes them look very similar. The other half of the levels appear to be improvable, which makes them appear sloppy, particularly the 4th (I think) level, where there is a narrow corridor with tons of breakable blocks. Those should have been possible to manipulate much better than what is shown here. I don't think that would have saved this run though, the game wouldn't have held my interest even with a greater level of optimization. Sorry, I'm voting no. It also seems that I will make the 7th voter, only 2 of which have voted yes. Therefore, I'm also rejecting this due to poor game choice.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!
Post subject: Re: #2411: reiki's SNES Sanrio World Smash Ball! in 25:14.65
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Mothrayas: Unrejecting for consideration of publication to the Vault following a rule change regarding sports games.
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Aim for game: Fast time (entertainment & time payoffs).
(emphasis mine) This seems to imply that there are speed/entertainment tradeoffs, so I have my doubts whether this particular run is even eligible for Vault, especially considering this bit:
mmbossman wrote:
The other half of the levels appear to be improvable, which makes them appear sloppy, particularly the 4th (I think) level, where there is a narrow corridor with tons of breakable blocks. Those should have been possible to manipulate much better than what is shown here.
Going by this, it would appear there are improvements to this run (but of course, one can't be 100% sure), meaning it wouldn't be the fastest possible run.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Yeah, there are a few hints towards it not being optimal timewise going by the comments, but it's not really definitive and reads like conjecture ("appear sloppy/improvable", 'should' have been possible to do better, etc.). I'd like to see more investigation specifically on the optimization, and see it judged according to that.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Mothrayas wrote:
Yeah, there are a few hints towards it not being optimal timewise going by the comments, but it's not really definitive (...)
I disagree, reiki was very upfront about it not being optimal.
reiki wrote:
So I didn't let the cpu break any of my blocks. This made the level quite a bit longer than it would have been otherwise.
It could be played well anyway of course, but a lot has happened in tasing in the last seven years.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Truncated wrote:
Mothrayas wrote:
Yeah, there are a few hints towards it not being optimal timewise going by the comments, but it's not really definitive (...)
I disagree, reiki was very upfront about it not being optimal.
reiki wrote:
So I didn't let the cpu break any of my blocks. This made the level quite a bit longer than it would have been otherwise.
It could be played well anyway of course, but a lot has happened in tasing in the last seven years.
Ah, I missed that. I only really paid attention to the submission text and mmbossman's judge post. Still going to check it out first-hand, though.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.