(Link to video)
In this special episode of Looney Tunes, Bugs, Daffy, Tweety, Porky, Taz, Speedy Gonzales, and the Road Runner decide to rip off popular games such as Atomic Runner, Sonic the Hedgehog & Gradius. They do this by going through this Sunsoft classic as fast as possible so that they don't die from all of the ripoffs. This has lead to some.. strange results.
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses programing errors in the game
  • Manipulates Luck (Mini bosses)
  • Genre: Platform
About the Run
This is a 10.44 Second (626 frame) improvement over Pekopon's run due to some new tricks & shortcuts I used as well as some lag reduction.
Daffy's Stage
It starts out all normal in the first room. After that, it is all gains from here. The biggest gain is from a new shortcut I found. It turns out, the game has no top boundaries in these stages, Tweety's stage, the Road Runner's stage, & Taz's "bonus stage". So because of this, I just hop over the boxes of TNT that I would normally have to break on Room #7.
Twetty's Stage
This stage can go die in a hole. And then get decomposed by a fungus. But seriously, I hate this stage. This is one of the most annoying levels to find improvements on. So much that I only saved an epic 2 frames on this level.
Porky's Stage
Unlike the Tweety stage, this level was fun to work with. I tried to do some stylish moves, including spelling my initials before the boss fight. I saved 1 lag frame in the stage. I was also faster at the boss apparently.
Taz's Stage
This might look like a level that would not have improvements but I actually saved 16 lag frames. I also made it in my opinion more entertaining. At least it would be better than going left & right over again.
Speedy Gonzales's Stage
This level was probably the most interesting level to work on. The big timesaver here was the block skip after the Toad guy fight. Unlike the other one, this one was discovered by Pekopon.
Road Runner's Stage
No frames saved here. Move along.
Bugs's Stage
Save some lag at the beginning because I didn't kill the two toads. Slightly different strategy on the Boss rush. Ended input while in the air.
Possible Improvements
  • It could be possible to save a few more frames on Speedy Gonzales's Stage.
  • There might be a way of killing the first boss faster.
Thanks To
  • Pekopon for his past runs & his Unfinished WIP.
Recommended Screenshots: 2210, 15267, 23422, 23517

mmbossman: Good improvement with the time, but I wasn't too fond of some of the entertainment choices, particularly with the Porky airplane stage and the Taz stage. However, that didn't seem to bother people, so I'm accepting this. I also took a look at the GBC port of this game, and it actually looks very nice, so I would recommend that any future versions of this game be done with that ROM.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2430: Sonikkustar's GB Looney Tunes in 09:28.88
Mediafire. < Recommended download. Archive.org. < Use this if Mediafire fails. DailyMotion. < Or you can be a lazy bastard (Like I am) and use DailyMotion, or the above YouTube link. The bitrate may be a bit high (90) but I can't be stuffed reencoding, the mkv is tiny anyway. Also, I finally figured out zoning (So that the airplane segment does not look like bull crap). It works in VLC perfectly well, as well as Windows Media Player. I hope you don't mind me uploading this to DailyMotion Sonikkustar, it is for the sake of the fact that... I have no idea why I put it on DailyMotion actually. =|
Skilled player (1307)
Flygon wrote:
I hope you don't mind me uploading this to DailyMotion Sonikkustar, it is for the sake of the fact that...
Its fine. It lets people see the credits.
Nice run. Game has a good variety of gameplay. It really keeps it entertaining.
It's entertaining, but the Taz level looks so ugly that I have to vote meh.
No.
Awesome! Yes vote.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1375] GB Looney Tunes by Sonikkustar in 09:28.88
Former player
The colour version isn't worth it as there are certain things that are slower, and also there are mini games at the end of each stage that you can't skip, and take up a lot of time. Oh, and I hate you for obsoleting my run. >:( Just kidding of course. That trick in Daffy stage was awesome. But GEEZ I'm so mad my computer crashed and lost all my files, including my improvement run. No offense, and I can't prove it, but my improved Porky and Taz stages looked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the ones in your run. I'm so mad I lost that file. >:( Anyways, nice run. Though I am a little sad that my only published TAS has been obsoleted.
Skilled player (1307)
So your computer crashed on you too. Something weird seems to be going on with old PCs (XP in my case). That is fine if your Porky & Taz stages looked better. The biggest problem is that I cant dance to the music or anything because VBA is silent on frame advance for me. If it wasn't, then I would SO dance to the tunes. Maybe we can do something together some other time. I'll splice your stages into this run and I will look for further improvements. I am glad that you logged in to reply Pekopon! And it is okay that your run got obsoleted. I am still fairly bad at TASing, yet with all of your submissions on this game it looks like you are a veteran at this game!
Former player
Sonikkustar wrote:
So your computer crashed on you too. Something weird seems to be going on with old PCs (XP in my case). That is fine if your Porky & Taz stages looked better. The biggest problem is that I cant dance to the music or anything because VBA is silent on frame advance for me. If it wasn't, then I would SO dance to the tunes. Maybe we can do something together some other time. I'll splice your stages into this run and I will look for further improvements. I am glad that you logged in to reply Pekopon! And it is okay that your run got obsoleted. I am still fairly bad at TASing, yet with all of your submissions on this game it looks like you are a veteran at this game!
I've owned the cartridge ever since I was really little, and I still play it quite often to this day. I remember being so proud the first time I beat it. I was at my grandma's house when I beat it for the first time. Now I can beat it in about 18 minutes. :P Oh, and for dancing to the music, I just put it on a slow speed and played in real time. I also let all of the bullets shoot and I danced around them WHILE dancing to the music. It was actually one of the few things that survived of that run as thankfully I uploaded it to youtube. You can still see my improved porky stage on my channel. (My youtube name is PekoponTAS though)
TheKDX7
He/Him
Player (115)
Sorry to return on this old publication but I asked myself a question, should not this TAS be categorized as "all levels" ?
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1523)
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)
4K 60 FPS YouTube encode: Link to video
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
LGTM
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.