Ok, so I'm new here. I've been watching the speedruns for a while, but this is my first attempt at doing one. Therefore, it's probably not that good. Anyway, Bonkers is a game based on the Disney animated series of the same name. It's basically a straight forward side-scroller. Here is my WIP. It consists of the first two levels. For some reason, the completion times displayed at the end of the levels are way off. I'm not sure why this is. Here's a few explanations as to why I do some things that may seem odd: -The dash meter has to be completely full in order to use the dash. When you jump off an enemy or any spring-like objects, your dash ends. Therefore, it is hard to keep the dash going for the whole dash period, as I hit these things a lot. -Walking is the slowest form of travel. Jumping is slightly faster. Dashing goes even faster. Jumping while dashing goes a bit faster. This is why I jump a lot. -When you throw a bomb, you stop for a few frames before you can move again. So, yeah, tell me if it looks good or not.
Player (136)
I think this game is good enough to deserve a TAS. I made a new WIP. It's about 40% finished. You can find it here. Up to this point, it's more than 20 seconds faster than the TAS you can find on speedruns.net. Bonkers can walk, run and drink something spicy which makes him run for a longer time and makes him invincible. The "drinking" animation is quite long. Therefore, it's a pretty bad idea to collect every drink. The "ghost" enemy can be manipulated so that he doesn't move too much on the top of the screen. That's why I don't hit him at the first possible frame. I tried to minimize the ghost movement. I think I found some kind of bug in the very first level. Normally, Bonkers can't run through the whole first part of the first level. It might have something to do with touching the water at the right place, but I'm not sure about it. Is this WIP good enough to be continued from the point where it stops, or does it need a complete restart? If you can find improvements, post them please.
Skilled player (1306)
Its not the best game in the world, but I had fun watching you run. Quick question. There seems to be lots of lag in the game. Have you checked on possible ways on how to reduce it?
Player (136)
I did all the levels multiple times using slightly different strategies. This could save small amounts of lag. Unfortunately, most lag can't be avoided. Most parts of this game are deterministic, so there's no way to manipulate enemies to let them not appear. The more sprites on-screen, the more lag. Therefore I try to minimize the amount of enemies on-screen. Killing enemies will stop your "running" status, so the only way to do that is to jump either lower or higher. It only makes sense to kill enemies if they are blocking your path. EDIT: now completed, but the second half needs some more optimization. See here
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
Me and NYMX have been working to improve the current tas. We haven’t exactly got a number of frames saved so far but we can say we might be on route to get a sub 14. Here’s what we have of stage 5: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425067015716208652/562838485833220106/Bonkers_USA_0000.mp4
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
Very impressive! I wondered myself if could be possible for across that path with something or not. Now it's truly possible!
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
We have submitted the movie: http://tasvideos.org/6357S.html
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing