Submission Text Full Submission Page
Sonic Megamix is a heavy modification for Sonic The Hedgehog(Genesis)
  • Emulator used: Bizhawk 2.0.0
  • This movie is a just casual speedrun
Recently I learned how to do TAS and I choose Sonic Megamix to be my first submission to TASVideos.org
The are many things a have to improve but for my first try it's not bad

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: Hello and welcome to TASVideos! From reading the replies in the discussion thread you might have already noticed, but there are serious flaws in your submission. The submission form is only for very optimized and perfected movies and certainly not for a "casual speedrun". This movie is even slower than realtime speedrunners which don't have any tools available, so this is unacceptable for a TAS. If you simply wanted a place to share your run and get feedback, use the userfiles.
Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5861: PLAYERONE's SegaCD Sonic the Hedgehog Megamix in 33:22.24
Post subject: WHAT!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE CAPSLOCK!
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
There's about 155 frames of blank input at the end that should've been trimmed off that wasn't (according to just input). Sonic. Much like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro is a game that is very high in terms of tech. 794 Rerecords for a 30 minute Sonic movie is questionable. You're slower than every single speedrun category in this hack. Branch Explanation for everyone else. It shouldn't be a Branch. "Team Megamix" is the crew behind the hack.
PLAYERONE wrote:
This movie is a just casual speedrun
sighs Upload your "casual speedrun" here next time: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/my#uploadfile Abstained Vote.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Man, don’t hurry to make submissions, this game is not easy to TAS, and you are even slower than realtime speedrunners. Look at the website’s slogan, it says “when human skills are just not enough”, it means that we create runs, which look in such a way like they are done by something not of this world. The viewer who watches your run should think “I have no idea what kind of THING played it, but it cannot be an alive human”, that’s our goal :) (upd) I only want too add: we welcome you in our community. We are not as unfriendly as we may look. We simply don’t enjoy putting such a little efforts into your work, because for us it’s kind of art. But you can make your run a lot better if you learn, and we can help you to learn! Me, Evil_3D, marzojr and many others will answer your questions and provide with some pro advisory, just come here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10113 http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5754
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Editor, Experienced player (577)
This old wip is a good example of that WST said Link to video
You can see more TASes on my youtube channel
PLAYERONE
He/Him
Well you guys right,well i start to learn hehe Thanks everyone for judge my TAS :) Time to improve !!!
Player (12)
Maybe the submission warning should be more clear? A lot of newbies tend to submit sub-optimal movies. Also, this is probably irrelevant at this point, but the game version listed in the submission doesn't seem to make sense. It claims to be v1.1, but as far as I know Team Megamix never released such a version as it's not listed on their website.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
SmashManiac wrote:
Maybe the submission warning should be more clear? A lot of newbies tend to submit sub-optimal movies.
And I quote. (including bold)
Please read the Submission Instructions before submitting a movie. In particular, please ensure that your movie is complete (not a work in progress), and that it beats all known records if going for speed. Works in progress may be posted in the WIP thread or other places. If you are simply looking for a place to store your movie files for distribution to other members, please consider user files. Ignoring these instructions may result in your submission being rejected.
Also down below when you first have to preview the comments then be able to save (submit) To quote (and again in bold, because that's how it addresses it.)
Before pressing the Save button, please verify that you have read the Movie Rules and Guidelines. Your movie must be complete and must beat all existing records where applicable. Submissions that do not follow these rules will be rejected. This submission form is only for movies that are intended to become a publication on this site. Do not submit if this is not your goal. If you simply want to upload a movie file, use userfiles instead.
Not our fault people can't read. IMO. I think after every fullstop should be another line break in order to flow a bit better... and take up more space. Then again, that's how I actually type on this site so a bit bias. Unless you know... YOU WANT SOME LARGER TEXT ON TOP OF THAT BOLD? THAT'S IN RED (That's size 18^, Forums is 12, Front site/submitting is 14.)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Who knows, maybe PLAYERONE simply didn’t know of better runs and couldn’t realize how good or bad his run actually was. My recommendations for him/her are: 1. Stop using Bizhawk. Just stop, it is pointless and useless for Sonic TAS. :) 2. Install Sonic TAS tools and Gens hacks designed specially for Sonic games, they provide a lot more information about your speed, position and so on… 3. Start using frame advance (usually «\» button, can be configured in emulator settings) instead of slow mode. 4. Learn the basic physics of the game: spin dash, braking technics (at least the basic ones), ways to stop faster (hit terrain or object, abuse terrain ejection, use speed caps). The physics are common for all the games and hacks, the differences are usually very slight. 5. Learn the ways to boost speed, a lot of methods involve jumps and loops, there are some “common” loop jumps, they are: up-loop jump, down-loop jump and out-loop jumps. In your run, you simply run through every single loop, missing a lot of places where you could take HUGE boosts. 6. Learn about the glitches. As any other complex computer program, Sonic is full of bugs, many of which are very well known and the ways to set them up are documented. A lot of bugs lead to huge time-savers. 7. Join Sonic TAS community. We work together a lot to make better and better runs. Most of the information can be found on this page: http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/Genesis/SonicTheHedgehog.html
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
PLAYERONE
He/Him
WST wrote:
Who knows, maybe PLAYERONE simply didn’t know of better runs and couldn’t realize how good or bad his run actually was. My recommendations for him/her are: 1. Stop using Bizhawk. Just stop, it is pointless and useless for Sonic TAS. :) 2. Install Sonic TAS tools and Gens hacks designed specially for Sonic games, they provide a lot more information about your speed, position and so on… 3. Start using frame advance (usually «\» button, can be configured in emulator settings) instead of slow mode. 4. Learn the basic physics of the game: spin dash, braking technics (at least the basic ones), ways to stop faster (hit terrain or object, abuse terrain ejection, use speed caps). The physics are common for all the games and hacks, the differences are usually very slight. 5. Learn the ways to boost speed, a lot of methods involve jumps and loops, there are some “common” loop jumps, they are: up-loop jump, down-loop jump and out-loop jumps. In your run, you simply run through every single loop, missing a lot of places where you could take HUGE boosts. 6. Learn about the glitches. As any other complex computer program, Sonic is full of bugs, many of which are very well known and the ways to set them up are documented. A lot of bugs lead to huge time-savers. 7. Join Sonic TAS community. We work together a lot to make better and better runs. Most of the information can be found on this page: http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/Genesis/SonicTheHedgehog.html
Wow man !!! Thanks for help, I'm going to study what you gave me :>) I see your tas videos in youtube you are incredible XD Let's talk and learn more how to improve the TAS movies.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!