- Emulator: Snes9x v1.43+ v9
- Use WIP1 Timing
- Allow Left+Right / Up+Down
- Volume Envelope Height Reading
- Aims for fastest time
- Abuses programming errors
- Takes damage to save time
This run is 174 frames (2.9 seconds) faster than OmnipotentEntity's existing run. Most of the improvements come from new tricks that involve doorways, stairs and pressing three directional buttons at once.
- For the existing run, which also served as a guideline for the standard of this run. Also making suggestions and providing ideas of different methods to go about things.
- Discovering two awesome tricks/bugs that contribute to most of the time saved in this run. Specifically, they are the "pixelporting" trick used through doorways and the bug used to bypass walking up stairs. Also providing a highly optimized WIP to set a standard for outside the castle.
- Whose attempt to do the 100% run motivated me to try this game again. Also offering suggestions for alternate routes, attempts to do part of the run (which were unfortunately scrapped) and encouragement.
- Providing opinions and offering suggestions that ultimately affect this run in some way.
Please note that I used the same .smv that I used for my any% run a while ago as to avoid re-doing some parts, so the re-record count should only be around 3500.
Truncated: Accepted as an improvement to the published short version.