Welcome! Are you new to the site? If you've ever wanted to see how a superhuman would beat your favorite video games, you've come to the right place. We have videos of all the popular franchises: from Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog down to Pokémon and Final Fantasy. No matter what genre of game you prefer, be it adventure, platformer, puzzle, shooter or sports, we have them all. Please, visit our welcome page for an introduction, or check out our Newcomer Corner for some hand-picked recommended videos to watch.
posted by Memory 6 days ago
For the longest time, the record for most submissions in a single year was 540 submissions set in 2004, when the site first opened its doors to submission. For years since, the numbers consistently dwindled. This year however, we bucked that trend and have hit 541 submissions and counting. This is completely unexpected levels of growth. It is great to see the efforts put into improving the site have truly paid off. Thank you to everyone who uses our site, it is greatly appreciated.
posted by Samsara 14 days ago
Submission volume has been record-breakingly high, which is absolutely fantastic! I love it! The only issue is that it's overwhelming our current Judge team, and we're in need of more to help maintain the heavily increased flow.
- You should have experience with high-level TAS optimization. Having published runs is highly recommended!
- You should be an active and supportive member of the community. Judging isn't all looking at submissions, it's being a helpful guide for the community as well!
- Joining our Discord Server is a requirement to be able to keep up with staff conversations.
- Those interested in being Judges will be trained and advised in the Reviewer role first.
posted by feos on 10.09.2022 09:49
libTAS is able to run MAME quite well, and we accept movie submissions made that way! We made a guide that should help you set it up: Wiki: EmulatorResources/MAME For movie submissions, general libTAS rules apply, and we have some MAME specific rules too. MAME emulates a lot of different systems, most notably Arcade machines, and their TASing is the primary goal here. But if a non-Arcade system is emulated well, without obvious problems, and we don't have an approved rerecording emulator for it, we're allowing that too! Just note that those systems will need a bit of review (and movie parser support).
posted by Samsara on 09.09.2022 11:10
As of today, submissions that rely on premade saves are universally acceptable and publishable as standard publications! Prior to this announcement, SRAM-anchored submissions were required to be entertaining enough to make it to Moons, and this is now no longer the case. The following changes are now in effect: SRAM will be allowed in standard publications.
- Runs that utilize SRAM are separate branches that do not compete with or obsolete runs from power-on.
- Verification movies are a hard requirement, and will now be included with publications. Arrangements can be made for submissions where a verification movie is impossible, however.
- Unlockable modes, characters, and difficulties that cannot be unlocked through in-game codes.
- New Game +, including minor things like cutscene/text skipping.
- Heavily glitched runs that rely on premade SRAM, i.e "save glitch" and "game end glitch" runs that are otherwise impossible to perform without a premade save.
- DLC missions and equivalents such as E-Reader, as long as verification is possible in some legally hostable form.
Family Feud (1993) follows the premise of the American TV show of the same name. Two families are pitted against each other in a contest aimed at guessing the results of a public survey. In the first two rounds, the first family member to press a button and give a concise answer that happens to be on the survey earns points. After that, this family can continue guessing answers on the survey, with control switching to the other family on incorrect guesses. After two rounds, the family with fewer points is disqualified, and the last round allows two members of the remaining family to list several of the existing survey answers in a very short time period.
Heisanevilgenius's family, The As, ignores all that and goes with elaborate and utter nonsense instead… only to find the host accepting their answers as correct. The other family, The Halls, doesn't even get the chance to insert a word, proving the racial prejudice of the host. Watch the game and see for yourself.
If you liked how this movie abuses a text recognition system, also see the trouble that TAS tools bring to a drawing recognition system.
Note: Some answers contain coarse language.
|6 hours ago||GBC Microidvania||00:15.15||MarioAtWork||New|
|8 hours ago||Genesis Animaniacs||23:01.66||The8bitbeast||New|
|1 day ago||Genesis Flicky||13:47.13||Winslinator||Judging Underway|
|1 day ago||NES Ghostbusters II||08:30.19||ShesChardcore||New|
|2 days ago||Wii Wii Party "Friend Connection"||01:49.35||InputEvelution||New|
Newest User Files/WIPs
|48 minutes ago||Technickle||Stone Protectors (Japan) 2 Players Improvement 96 frames faster.bk2||SP 2P 96 Frames Faster|
|6 hours ago||feos||TASINGBREAKFAST-score.ltm||153 frames|
|7 hours ago||adelikat||adelikat-dw4-v5.bk2||Dragon Warrior IV - improvement, up to Chapter 3|
|16 hours ago||Technickle||Stone Protectors (Japan) 2 Players Improvement 151 frames faster.bk2||SP 2P 151 frames faster|
|18 hours ago||SpaceColonizer||RampageMain.fm2||SpaceRampageUpdate|
Want to help? Everyone has something they can contribute.