Panel de Pon is the Japanese version of Tetris Attack. Only Japanese version has a glitch as getting about 33333 points by making 32 or over combos, so speedrun is quite different from that of Tetris Attack. For more details, please read Baxter's explanation.
This is 491 frames improvement from previous run.
- Rerecorded with Snes9x rerecording 1.51
- Aims for fastest time to 99999 point
- Plays at the hardest level
- Abuses glitch
- Genre : Puzzle
Here are improvement points from previous run.
No need to rise SPEED Lv.
This game has no ability difference among characters but here are other differences.
- Lags : There is difference about the amount of lag while playing. This is important. Elias (water girl) and Flare (fire girl) have lower lags.
- Fast start : Another difference is the playable timing in field. This is few but Flare has later timing, then selected Elias.
If you combine blocks just at the same time as the other blocks combining, they become one combo. This may help you make a bigger combo.
As you can see, as soon as third combo is finished, then Movie end.
Generally, once a chain or combo occurs, STOP arises. Then if you're reaching on the top of field, the game isn't over until pushing R/L or waiting a little. However at 32 combos without chain, stopping don't work although STOP is shown on display. I don't know about this but maybe a glitch. (Primarily there are glitches around 32 or over combo) It helped me not re-push R/L and faster Movie end.
This run is in fact an improvement from TBR65535's TAS, just as Tetris Attack run. 15 frames improvement from his. My run is almost optimizing of it.
Also, I thank Baxter who is the first TASer of Panel de Pon. I would never have submitted this game's run without his submission.
Brandon: Publication underway.