Rit and Tam saves their mother by defeating evil monsters with ladder summoning and shuriken throwing skills.
- Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.6-interim svn2267
- Heavy luck manipulation
- Abuses death to save time
- Abuses programming errors
- Spams ladders and shurikens
- Makes fun of bosses
The reason to choose [E] rather than [J] is ability to jump and shortening the cutscenes between levels
The game is all about luck. Hence the rerecord number, I learned how the game works:
- The 1st path the AI will do depends on the previous level input (ABSTUDLR)
- The spawn depends on the current frame the level starts
- The AI acts depending:
1. is there a power up 2. what type of power up 3. where are the players (X and Y) 4. semi random (input)
- The bosses has a "check input at every frame and act as I want" thing.
Overall, I made a TAS which completes the game then rerecord the whole to optimize it and get the best luck at all bosses and scenes. Notice that sometimes it looks like it's possible to improve a level but it just visual. For instance, obtaining the multiball powerup will change the AI's mind even if I don't pick it up, that's why it could look "clumsy" while it's actually a great pull I did.
- goofydylan8 for showing this gem
- tasvideos for being existing
- Zeupar for motivating me to NOT rush the game and go for optimization
- you for reading this and probably watching the movie
See you until my next TAS =)
Mukki: Good response on the whole. Accepting for publication.