The Ghostbusters kills Gozer after going to the local shop and travels trough 24 floors.
- Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.6-interim svn2267
- Abuses programming errors
- Manipulates luck
- Takes damage to save time
- Acts slower to be faster
- Recklessly drives (Charlie Sheen trick)
This is a (46-8=) 38 frame improvement to GlitchMan's last effort.
The list of improvements
- Going faster on the streets
- Buying and selling faster
- Delaying "A" on HQ to be faster by 1 frame
- Opens fewer doors
- Using "AL" at last floor to gain 2 frames
- Manipulate at boss battle
I improved 46 frames until the boss battle starts but I had more lags (8) mostly because of laggy collision detection. I tried many variations, most of the times I got a very bad (nearly instant death) at Zulu stairway so this is what I got as the fastest.
Hope you liked it, see you until my next tas =)
As discussed in the discussion forum, using the PAXKKLAA game genie code fixes the ending, which IMHO looks better than a pair of sloppy tits. Dwedit made a temporary encode to see it in action: http://www.dwedit.org/files/MESHUGGAH_GhostBusters_ending_restoration.mp4
Brandon: Publication underway.