This submission improves the publishing underway (vaulted) #2404: mat89's NES Donkey Kong 3 in 01:04.29. This run is 466 frames faster thanks to
- luck manipulating the flying things away and "closer"
- frame precise and location aware shooting (you can shoot when there's only 1 or 0 shots on screen)
- death abuse (dying at the same time you kill donkey kong (frame-precise), the game will skip the score calculations)
Abusing death by falling on the super spray (R) won't save time, because you are dead, and won't respawn with it. The reason I lose time on level 2 is because I abuse death to skip the score screen and have to reobtain the super spray.
- I died at the first level. Really.
- Trying to not be boring when waiting
- Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.6
- Aims for shortest input to complete level 4
- Entertains without losing a frame
Notice this runs uses Game A just like the earlier one, because the only thing changes is donkey kong's hitpoints. Bigger hitpoints means the powerup comes later. Which means you have to press shooting more. It will be slower, but you can ask for it (I see it pointless).
I hope you enjoyed my TAS. See you until my next tas (yes, you figured it out. there's 99% it will be a NES game) =)
Nach: Nice job, but not a very interesting TAS. Accepting for vault.