Kirby is cute but you can use animals if you want in this game.
Bad 30fps video
Requirements for 100%
- Beat all stages including Dark Matter
- Get all Rainbow Drops
ugly girlBlob from bag
- Maintain speed
- Kirby's walking speed is changed between 1.39 and 1.51 when he goes to right (This doesn't happen when going to left). Spit out and headbonk on ground can keep his speed for short time.
- Walking on slope
- Downhill gives more speed. High speed can be maintained too by jumping in any position on downhill and Spitting out then inhale enemy.
- Exit boss stage
- You can exit boss stage anytime even if it's 1st time visit. If you exit after you beat boss, you will be back normally and can go to bonus stage without overworld transition. This trick saves about 5 seconds per once compare to ride Warp Star and go back.
- Fast drop on water
- You can maintain fast down direction speed by releasing Stone ability right before entering water.
- Coo Clip
- This has been known for a long time but no one could see how this happened at all. Mugg found how to reproduce recently. See here (It's not detailed information but those helped for me).
|000E||1 byte, signed||x-axis speed|
|000D||1 byte, unsigned||x-axis sub speed|
|0010||1 byte, signed||y-axis speed|
|000F||1 byte, unsigned||y-axis sub speed|
|0004||2 bytes, unsigned||x-axis position|
|0003||1 byte, unsigned||x-axis sub position|
|0007||2 bytes, unsigned||y-axis position|
|0006||1 byte, unsigned||y-axis sub position|
|A085||1 byte, unsigned||Boss HP|
|DA31||1 byte, unsigned||RNG|
About this run
I used Bizhawk but not VBA. Bizhawk can't run Super Game Boy properly as long as I tested, so I decided to use original GB mode. This mode has shorter loading over SGB mode which is part of save time. Major timesavers are better movement, different battle strategy and tricks. In Soulrivers' run, he used star to kill boss. Star is most powerful (10 damage) but he had to wait until boss produced it. Coo Cutter is good ability because not only Coo can move fastest during flying part but also Cutter damage is really good (3-ways shot, it can damage 6).
I made frame comparison spreadsheet. This says 18930 frames (5 minutes and 15 seconds at 60 fps) but due to different fps between Bizhawk and VBA, real savetime amount is about 5:04.
Mugg: For finding coo clip and helping me find RNG address and suggest real improvements.
ISM: I copied many his strategies from his testrun.