Emulator and Settings:
- DeSmuME 0.9.9
- Bus-Level-Timing off
- Takes damage to save time
- Uses death as a shortcut
- Total improvement: 313 Frames or ~ 5.217s
Used same as Soig's warpless run and two addresses for pipe entering counter: 021B75A1 left pipe 021B75A2 right pipe
This movie uses data from Submissions #5642 by Hartmann (1-1 to 8-C, 8-6, 8-8, 8-T2) and #6072 by Soig (8-7, 8-BC)
- 1-1 to 8-T: No improvements
- 8-3: 1 Frame due to better pipe entering
- 8-4, 8-C: No improvements
- 8-5: 274 Frames due to hyperspeed
- 8-6: No improvement, modified data for RNG
- 8-7: 1 Frame due to 1 more corner boost, modified data for RNG
- 8-8: No improvements, modified data for RNG and meteor manipulation
- 8-T2: 20 Frames. Saved 21 Frames due to faster skip to the door, but lost 1 Frame to the IGT countdown
- 8-BC: 17 Frames. 5 Frames in room 6 due to optimisations, 12 Frames in the bossfight due to space jump instead of bowser jump
Total improvement: 313 Frames
Memory: Claiming for judging.
Memory: New Super Mario Bros. DS is honestly one of my favorite Marios to see TASed, just because of blue shell. The hyper speed trick in 8-5 was absolutely incredible.
Accepting as an improvement to  DS New Super Mario Bros. "warps" by Hartmann in 20:23.85.