What's up people. Has been some time since I last submitted a run, since I usually end up spending years over-optimizing...
- Emulator used: BizHawk 2.8
- Lua script used: UserFiles/Info/637878209001595255
- Takes damage to save time
About a week ago I asked in the discord server for a game which can be finished in a week. Exonym suggested this game. In a week I finished a run that was 4.6 seconds slower than this one. So I needed two more days to optimize it to be satisfied with the end product.
Tricks used in this run
Walking in this game is really slow. Best way of traversing a level is by constantly jumping. Lower jumps are usually better, unless some of the level layout or enemy placement requires higher jumps before to avoid running on ground and thus slowing down.
The dog can use number of different actions
- Done with the B button. The three presses after initiating a jump have no effect, then there're four presses which can be distributed in any way, which is used to adjust the y subpixel position.
- The Y button is used for it. Mostly it has no effect, but sometimes it changes the positioning a bit.
- Done by pressing the A button. It only is useful after the dog got wet by getting hit from a water splash, which makes every enemy on screen get killed instantly, else it has no effect.
- With the X button the dog can pick up food and the puppies at the end of each first scene.
The bark and shaking animation can be interupted by other actions, like ducking or jumping.
When jumping up legdes pressing L+R can be used to prevent momentum loss by clipping into the collision.
Trampoline momentum holding
In most cases jumping off a trampoline loses a portion of the speed, but with positioning it's possible to keep all of it.
- Exonym for suggesting this game
Thanks for watching. See you until next time whenever I finish one of those TASes which have been dragging on for years now...