IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SYNCING
At frame 11459 there is a restart input. After this, a save file will be written, even if "Prevent writing to disk" is checked. If you run the movie again, you will need to delete this save file to sync it properly. The file will be located in
~/.local/share/ruffle/SharedObjects/localhost/followed by the path of the Meat Boy
.swf- e.g. if your
/path/to/meat-boy-2388817f.swf, the save data will be in
~/.local/share/ruffle/SharedObjects/localhost/path/to/meat-boy-2388817f.swf/. The file will be called
vertigo.soland it needs to be deleted before the movie will properly sync again. If the movie desyncs on 1-10 in general, this is going to be the reason why.
I also encountered some desync issues after the restart. It's seemingly random, just keep trying until it works I guess.
The two goals of the run are to complete 100% of the levels (56 of them) and collect 100% of the bandages (24 of them). There is no in-game percentage, but there is nothing else to complete besides these two goals, so I believe 100% is a valid and concise name for it.
- Jumping is at a fixed height, regardless of how long you press the spacebar.
- Sliding against a wall does not slow you down.
- Collecting bandages unlocks a few characters, but they are all just reskins of Meat Boy and offer no extra advantage.
- Projectiles like sawblades and lava rocks are on a global cycle and can't be manipulated.
- Meat Boy gets some brief invincibility at the beginning of levels, this can be used to run through fire or walljump off lava.
- World 4 (the expert levels) is unlocked after completing 3-16, which triggers the ending. A restart is done as soon as possible to skip the ending and start the new levels.
CasualPokePlayer: Claiming for judging.
CasualPokePlayer: Nice run, seems to be very well optimized. Accepting.