TODO - Will make this more into a Tutorial Format with images and explanations of the various parts and any issues.
Basic Bot with TasStudio
- -Check Memory Domain
- -Check Byte Length
- -Check that the Fitness Function (the Conditions) Make Sense.
- TasStudio can be used if you have BizHawk in the Recording Mode. Otherwise it will simply playback what is is in the TasStudio Piano Roll.
- Make Sure you select the Correct "Slot" Aka Save State. If you are not using TasStudio this is just a Save State Slot. For Tas Studios it is a Branch #. Ex:Slot = 0 would be Branch #0.
- The input is in percentages. For unlikely input I suggest very low percentages 0.1% to 0.2%.
- After finding a good series of input. Press STOP. Then Press "Play" in the "Best" group section. Then on the Branch select the Update button (the red recycle icon?). Then save.
- After finishing make sure to put Bizhawk back to the PlayBack Mode.
- Then you should clean up the input only leaving the minimum input to achieve the fast time.
- Conditions do not fire. Close and Restart Basic Bot. Just set it up anew.
- Conditions Always Are True. You probably have a bad condition. I had this with a bad Tie Condition. I was trying to use a timer but at the end it was always the same value and I was using Less Than Or Equal To for the first condition. It seems to evaluate the tie condition at the end number of frames.
- Ending Frame after Playback is after expected end. I had this happen a couple times. I would manually put the branch back a couple frames then run it. This seemed to let it work correctly.
- After Playback values are different. Look up at 3 should be a similar issue.
- Bot never finds a solution. If this is the case you have the number of frames it runs too high. This is a dumb bot and does not learn. The default 100 frames seems like a good amount to get good results.
- How to Switch Between Recording and Playback. My shortcut button is 'q'. You can view what yours is if you go to the menu "Configure Hotkeys" - Movie - "Toggle read-only".
Not sure but sometimes it really does seem like it does not actually save the correct main value or bot attempt. When I run it back it does not get near the reported Main Value. So kind of strange for sure. Seems buggy.