- Running speed is 48 units per in-game frame.
- Jumping creates on average 5/3 frames of slowdown.
- Landing creates on average 2/3 frames of slowdown.
- Total average slowdown for single jump is 7/3 frames (taking jumping and landing into account).
- In-game frames seem to last 2 VGA frames (in absence of lag).
- Initial jump vertical velocity is 82 units per frame (kept for few frames).
- Terminal falling velocity is 140 units per in-game frame.
- Stairs are climbed up/down at 32 units per in-game frame.
- Initial HP is 8 on easy, 4 on normal/hard.
- Max. HP is 8 on easy, 4 on normal and 2 on hard (yes, initial HP is above max. on hard)
Jumping ladders up
Fastest way to climb on ladders is to jump to one, holding jump and up. When Snake touches the ladder, he will immediately jump. Then 3 frames before he clings to the ladder, briefly release jump for two frames and then press it again (so if he clings on frame 1234, release jump when frame counter is 1231 and press it again when frame counter is 1233). Normally this clinging occurs every 22 frames.
This method can climb stairs at an average speed of about 65 units per frame.
When entering level, if you are below initial HP, save and load the game. This restores HP to initial (most useful on hard level as this trick is the only known way to regain lost health
This glitch can be used to skip entire levels using any door. While entering a door, Snake's subposition is corrected to a certain specific place within that tile. The goal is to be aligned with this exact warp position. To successfully wrong warp, run to the left and hold up on the frame that Snake is at the warp position. This will NOT work without running. Snake will stop 48 subpixels away from the warp position and the game will not correct this. The end result is warping to the upper left corner of the map on top of some "edge of map" tiles, resulting in an instant exit.
Setup is fairly easy if you're careful, as all tested warp points are either already aligned with Snake or are off by a multiple of 16, which can be fixed by doing full running jumps.
|Weapon||Damage per shot||Frames per shot||Damage per frame|
|Default gun||1||9 (3 shots per volley)||0.333|
|Green grenade||1 (impact), 5 (explosion)||19||0.579|
|Red grenade||1 (impact, fireball), 5 (explosion, flame)||19||Situational|
|Robo Pal||1||9 (default), 4 (rapid)||0.111 (default), 0.25 (rapid)|
Enemy names are unofficial, and the immunities may not be complete.
|Flat green slime||1||Bullets|
|Big slime monster||15||Nothing|
|Frog with plasma gun||20||Nothing|
|Giant tank robot||25||Nothing|
|Skull Man||125 (head), 65 (hands)||Nothing|
] On hard, medikits reset
your health to 2HP.
] In-game frames, assuming a stationary enemy.