Submission #1154: Randil's NES Solstice in 06:56.94

Console Nintendo Entertainment System Emulator FCEU0.98
Game Version Europe Frame Count 20847
ROM Filename Solstice (E) [!].nes Frame Rate 50
Branch Rerecord Count 7412
Unknown Authors Randil
Game Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos
Submitted by Randil on 8/13/2006 3:10:27 PM

Submission Comments
  • Emulator used: FCE Ultra 0.98.16
  • Uses PAL Emulation
  • Aims for fastest completion time
  • Takes no damage (doesn't die)
  • No programming errors abused. (None known)
Improvement information: This is a 621 frames (10.35s) improvement over the current Solstice movie. This run also visits one more room, which makes thie perfect timing and precision.
I chose to use the European ROM, because the current run is played with the European ROM, which makes the comparison between this run and Exim's run easier. There are no significant differences between the USA and the European version.
This run gets 35.74% completion compared to Exim's 35.54% completion.
About the game:The purpose in the game is the collect all the staffpieces for "The staff of demons". With this staff, you can rescue princess Eleanor from the evil wizard Morbius. The game also takes place in Morbius castle.
The game is filled with mindchallening puzzles, difficult controls, and often requires some real difficult maneuvers. A good game to TAS, that is! :)
What has been improved: The route is almost identical to Exim's route. The only difference is a slight routechange in the cave where you pick up the first staff-piece. This is where that extra visited room came from.
Another obvious change is the tactic in the room where I get the third staff piece. Here I use the purple block more efficiently, saving about half a second or so.
Other that these things, the improvement comes from more precise movements and jumps. There are quite a lot of maneuvers in this game that are really hard to pull off, so I'm really glad I had frame advance! :)
The making of the run: Most of this run was made a few months ago, then I got bored, and quit this project. But now I took it up again, and I'm quite happy with the result.
Most of this movie has been made entirely with frame advance, since most movements requires very precise movements.
Closing: Special thanks to JXQ for helping me fix so this FCM starts from reset.
Another Famtasia-movie obsoleted... I hope you enjoy watching this movie!

adelikat: Another famtasia run improved. Accepting.

Last Edited by on 1/1/2022 6:13:06 PM
Page History Latest diff List Referrers