This is a 24 second (1443 frames) improvement to my previous run of this game. This comes from better precision and strategies, a few new tricks and from fixing a few glaring errors. This run was made on snes9x V1.43+9 with WIP 1 timing.
- I boost off enemies by landing on them or coming up from under them.
- Zipping, this can only be used in locations where there is a floor of the sort you can jump through with a solid block above
- You can slide to a stop by ducking while moving, you have a smaller hitbox when doing this. Also you go faster than your max walking speed for short distances (~5 frames) when landing at a high speed.
- By performing a jumpkick as soon as you land your velocity doesn't get capped to the normal cap when jumping, this allows you to make small jumps while maintaing the speed from a sword attack.
- Using your sword attack resets your vertical velocity, allowing for longer jumps.
- Only four enemies can exist at any one time, so in some places I slow down or kill an enemy inorder to set up a more favourable set of spawns later on.
NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. I'm not sure I got the right ROM though. (I tried
BS Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero (J).smc, which was the closest match to what you wrote.) Well, here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.
adelikat: Accepting for publication as an improvement to the published movie.
This movie requires Snes9x 1.43 v15.3 or earlier. It desyncs on later versions.