ESWAT is a story about a cop who dreams of wearing a cybernetic jetpack suit and becoming a killing machine. His dream comes true. This is an improvement on Neofix's try (17:07.7)
- Goes for fastest time
- Takes damage to save time
- Highest difficulty
Notes and Tricks
- Highway-patrol cop can't shoot while walking.
- Jumping is faster than walking, with bigger jumps being better.
- You can only hover if the burner fuel is in the yellow, unless you're already moving fast.
- During a high jump (up+C) you have no control and are invulnerable. But you can cancel it with the burner.
- Weapon cooldown is canceled by starting a jump, ending a jump, or using the burner. This is done many times to increase the rate of fire (sometimes to 30 Hz) though it's not easy to see.
- When the burner is cut off, horizontal speed is zeroed but vertical speed is preserved. So you can get vertical boosts at little cost in fuel. Especially abused in stage 7.
- Stage 2: The ball-n-chainers take 4 shots with at least 33 frames between each hit. There's not always enough time to kill them. In that case I stun them at close range and rush by.
- Stage 5: The green panels refill the burner. The red panels hurt, but also refill the burner.
- At certain points the screen position gets locked, you have to do something, then the screen can scroll again. If you wait by the edge of the screen it will autoscroll slowly until the character is at the center. But waiting far from the edge prevents the autoscrolling and is faster. This is why I seem to be in a bad position after the vat of goo in stage 4 and the giant drill miniboss in stage 7.
- You are supposed to take damage from the final attack of the last boss. I don't know why I didn't.
- When you use Fire you lose it until you get another one. But if the level ends first...
- Likewise it's possible to pull a robocop. Demonstration
- Compare to .
NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. I'm not sure I got the right ROM though. (I tried
ESWAT Cyber Police - City Under Siege (U) [!].gen, which was the closest match to what you wrote.) Well, here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.
adelikat: Accepting for publication