Mario Adventure is a hack of Super Mario Bros. 3. These are its most noteworthy characteristics:
- Mario can keep a power-up in reserve like in Super Mario World, and the change is immediately effective.
- There is a new power-up, Magic Mario, which allows Mario to stomp on more enemies than otherwise possible, shoot extremely powerful projectiles, and take a few hits before losing the power-up.
- Graphics are rendered with a custom palette.
- Almost all levels end with a Boom-Boom battle.
- There are 7 worlds which Mario can visit in any order, each containing a hidden key.
- After finding all 7 keys and beating the 7 worlds, Mario can access the 8th world to beat Bowser and win the game.
This movie is an improvement of 45 seconds over the previous effort.